Panasonic PT-50DLD64 and PT-50DLD54

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 11
Has anyone seen one of these sets? they supposedly use HD2+ chips.

I'm not sure if they're shipping these models yet but some retailers act as if they are. CompUSA is SOLD OUT.

They seemed reasonable cheaper than the sammy and Toshiba.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
no one?

Retired Greg
Unregistered guest
Panasonic's new dlp model(hd2+) sounds interesting, but not much details about it on the company website. Was very interested in Panasonic's plasma tv but it requires around 400 watts - waste energy. I am stuck in between Panasonic and Toshiba dlps. CompUSA does not have Panasonic dlp in stock in Baltimore/DC region this time.

Retired Greg
Unregistered guest
Amazon is selling Panasonic PT-50DLD54 for $2999 plus $103 s/d fee. This product was entered in its online store last June but no one made a comment about it so far. What do you think of this model??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Greg,
I've seen their LCD model and was impressed, especially the value that it represent.
So I'm anxiously awaiting the new DLPs.

My only concern is that about the rliability of Panasonic. I looked up consumer reports and found nothing on them nor samsung. The brands with the best repair history in order are: Sony, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Toshiba. RCA was the worse

For the money, these panasonics are great value IMO. I can't really tell the difference in PQ unless you place the sets side by side for comparision. For this reason, at a much saving of even $1000 less, Panasonic & Toshiba are currently my choice.

Retired Greg
Unregistered guest
Rudy,

Saw Mitsubishi dlp 52525 at BB today. The picture and features are awesome.

I think I better wait for Mits's newer model with anti-glare.

I bought a 27" Panasonic crt tube one time but it fell apart in a few years, so its quality is a question. Toshiba does not have a good view angle as Mits.

Wish you a good luck with your shopping!

Greg

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
The Mits has the best details of all the sets that I've seen but i's also among the most expensive. Also the Mits' color and brightness do not seem to stack up well against other sets.

I do indeed like the Mits and the new 725 series with the anti should be interesting...but boy...it's expensive. Or you can purchase an antiglare screen for around $220, in October.

Retired Greg
Unregistered guest
Rudy, found a better forum about the dlps. Thought you should read this - lot of discussions and opinions!

Toshiba 52HM84 thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=088b653b1b31027b976988ea87bdf6cb &threadid=423770&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Panasonic dlp thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=2b4dddb6986c166c4ff6fdcba4af3a4c &threadid=431737

Due to the Mits's glare issue and no date for its next model with no glare, I am leaning toward the Toshiba dlp.

Greg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us