Got the chance to view Samsung 5085W DLP2+ SET!

Bronze Member
Username: Tmskilz

Post Number: 19
Spent the past week in NJ with a buddy. She drove me to a Best Buy & Circuit City store & both had the 5085W (Capt Kirk) models on display.

I was impressed slightly. CC had it cramed between 2 other TV sets, they had LOTR:Return of the King showing, picture was very nice, but it's really hard to tell much or appreciate it fully in stores as these with the lighting.

BB had it & they were showing ESPN HD baseball. It looked impressive, as I could see the tiniest of grains in the infield dirt.

My friend was impressed by it, she was really feeling the whole design & look of the set.

Now I'm up in the air as far as what to do. Should I make the plunge & buy the Capt Kirk model or wait for the new models later this yr with the next-gen DLP xHD3 chip with native 1080p resolution?

Also was viewing an JVC set, it too was impressive looking.

Jake the Dog
Unregistered guest
I too have been torn on what set to buy. I was waffling between the 5085W and the Mitsubishi 52525. I have read that the new x3 chips are going to start around $6,000 so I don't see myself waiting another year until they drop and something else is on the horizon. Good Luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Tmskilz

Post Number: 23
Hi Jake the Doggy!

Yeah the deciding part is hard man. I read your other post where you posted that you finally gave in & bought the Samsung 5085W, congrats man!

You're right that the wait for the new Samsung set is difficult.
Come back & start a new thread with your early impressions of your new set after it arrives Sat, be nice to hear what your impressions & thoughts are.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us