HLPxx74W Shipping/Not Shipping thread

Username: Terrygore

Plano, TX

Post Number: 3
I am hearing conflicting reports on the availability of the Samsung HLP4674W DLP TV. I've read on this board that rumors have it being available in Nov or even Jan or even not at all. I've been told by an Internet Seller that the TV has come in and they are processing it in their warehouse and I will have it in 8 days. Is this a lie? I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a sales job, so I am trying to figure out when this TV will be available. Any others rumors or valid news? Rather then read across all the different threads, I was hoping people can post their news here.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbliz

Post Number: 19
It's supposed to come out in October. I guess we can only wait and see.

Bronze Member
Username: Tmskilz

Post Number: 25
Terry, becareful that they are not trying to sell you a different Samsung Model, it's been reported here by other members.

Call back & make sure to over in detail the 4674 model is indeed the one they claim to have & sell to you.

Plano, TX

Post Number: 5
Ahhh the truth is coming out. The vendor says they still don't have it and are not sure what's going on. Saying that some warehouses probably have it and others don't. I think they are just trying to keep me on the hook when the unit does come in, but have no clue when it will come in. I think the unit has been cancelled based on other posts. I believe the unit will be replaced with a model that has an ATSC/QAM HDTV tuner built in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Terry,

There was some really inaccurate info going around in one of the Samsung DLP threads on this board. The 74 models are not cancelled, but they are delayed until October. I can't wait. I'm going to pick up the 56 incher. Anyway, there definitely isn't anyone that has them in stock yet. Any online dealer that makes that claim is being dishonest, which it looks like you figured out. I would stick with authorized dealers if possible. You don't want to void the manufacturer warranty on such an expensive purchase.

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 13
for the meantime, you can get the 50 inch model "Kirk" for around $3200 and then get a stand for it. Yes, the "Kirk" model's stand is NOT integrated, meaning you can put it on table top... Samsung is advertising a stand for it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Rudy,

The kirk looks great for sure, but I don't think you can take the base off. Isn't the light engine somehow incorporated in some part of the base, which is why it's thinner than the tabletop models? I'm not sure on this, but I would buy a Kirk model if I don't have to use the base.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I'm thinking along side with you...but if you go to samsung's site, they're selling a stand specifically for the Kirk model 5085W.

If the base can't be removed, why would they make such a stand?

I don't have the set but I'm pondering about this...I don't like the pedestal stand either.
check it out ...

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pro d_id=TR85X%2fXAA

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Can someone confirm if the Kirk model's stand can be removed?

Thanks

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
No, it can NOT be removed. The color wheel is in the stand. I believe there is an 'optional' DIFFERENT stand available (that's what the PDF file refers to).

I too, was waiting on the 74 series (October-supposedly), but am taking a serious look the new Mitsu 725 line coming out the first week of September.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Rudy,

Take a close look at the pic of that stand. It is made specifically to fit around the base of a kirk model. It compliments the base of a kirk, it doesn't replace it. I think it's safe to say that you can't remove the base.

Plano, TX

Post Number: 7
OK - it sounds like the HLP4674W will be renamed HLP4677W and will include an ATSC and QAM tuner. It will be released in September or October. If this is incorrect, please post - but I've heard from a couple people that this is in fact the case. I am hoping that the addition of these components will not change the dimensions as I need to have the unit keep its 40.6" wide dimension.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
"Rudy,

Take a close look at the pic of that stand. It is made specifically to fit around the base of a kirk model. It compliments the base of a kirk, it doesn't replace it. I think it's safe to say that you can't remove the base."

:-( :-(

I guess I'll be looking at the 74 series or the new Panasonic models

Username: Jake41

Abbotsford, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 2
Terry,
I've just had a long read through an AVS forum, which included e-mail comments from Steve Panosian, the marketing guy for Samsung. The delay was caused by the decision, then the flip flop, over whether to include the tuner/card. Initially they were going to include the tuner/card and renumber the series to 77. They have reversed course and will be releasing the 74 monitor series in October. The 77 tuner/card series will be released in Q1/05. And apparently there is no change for the November release of the 95 xHD3 series.
Again, this is all info from the other AVS Forum thread - here is the link the to thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4129543#post4129543
Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us