Mitusbishi WD-62525 problems

Average Joe
Unregistered guest
Mitsubishi 62" DLP HDTV.

I've noticed the TV's firmware may be a little buggy. Sometimes when operating the remote the TV will "freeze up" for about 30 seconds and then will continue to process the commands in the queue from the remote. Also sometimes when switching to a channel the sound will drop out. You have to switch to another channel and back again for the sound to kick in. These were all little quirks that, at first, I chose to ignore or thought they were anomolies or a station glitch. But now that they have happened more than enough times I am sure it is buggy firmware.

Unregistered guest
MITSUBISHI 62" DLP PROBLEMS: Hi, We got the same tv a few days ago and have the same problems and a whole lot more. We are hooked up to cable with the cable card, High Def is awesome but when on regular cable channels there is disgusting green outlines on the edges of peoples faces and bodies etc. Almost as if someone took a luminesent green marker and traced an outline around the left side of people. We have had the Mitsubishi rep here and he hasn't a clue what it could be. Also changing channels is very very slow. Pixilation is seen on fast moving scenes and sometimes the audio is out of sync with the video as when people are talking and it don't match their lips. Sound Advice has no problem exchanging the set when the new ones come in but I am having serious reservations about staying with this new technology. Also when the rep was here he upgraded the firmware, as you call it, and it did take care of the problems you mentioned. I would love nothing more than to enjoy this 62" beauty but for 3700 + 350 for extended warranty makes me wonder if I should return it and wait another year until someone figures out how to make a TV work as it is supposed to. Too bad. please anyone let me know if you are seeing the Green outline on people as I am. Thanks All...

glitter
Unregistered guest
Hi-
I just purchased the new Mitsubishi 5o inch tv with a cable card and am having Comcast come out to put the card in. When I first scheduled an appointment, they called back to suggest that they were having 'bugs' with the card and wanted to cancel. I called again and spoke to their manager & they have suggested they can install it. I am wondering who to believe - the card enables Comcast to give you pay-per-view, etc. which may be political in that they won't be able to control the viewer. They originally suggested they couldn't accomodate a tv bigger than 36 inches. Anyone else heard this? Will advise as to how well it functions...

Unregistered guest
Mitsubishi 62" DLP HDTV

Wow! I wish I had done a better job in researching problems that people are experiencing with this TV. I have yet to experience any of those issues mentioned in the other posts. My only issue is the frequency in which I have to reset the TV because it will not respond to the remote or front panel. I have to reset it almost everyday and sometimes several times a day. Has anyone experienced this?

Anonymous

STEBIX, I have the same issue with the reset - otherwise am thrilled with the set.

Unregistered guest
Anonymous, Have you looked into whether this is normal or can it be fixed? I have a replacement on order but I rather not have to go throught the motions of exchanging this big thing if I don't have to.

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 27
Anonymous, don't mind if I ask you a semi personal question, but....how many sets do you have?
I've seen a lot of your post here and you go from saying or implying of owning a set from Panasonic to Hitachi LCD and now...Mitz DLP. :-)

Otherwise, are you a troll? :-)

Anonymous

Rudy - Anonymous is probably a lot of different people. That's what it calls you if you don't enter a name

STEBIX - I called Mitsubishi - there is (not surprisingly) a software upgrade. They are shipping it to me on a compact flash card. Supposed to fix everthing...we'll see. Oddly, the symptoms (reset required's seemed to have ceased, at least for the last coupla days)

Will report back

This is my first TV set purchase in >10 years

Anonymous

Oh yeah, other things:

I had to go through my retailer, since I reported the problem within 30 days of purchase. They sent a guy out, who called Mitz and generated a log #.

He then gave me the (non 800) Mitsubishi phone number so I could call and get the upgrade mailed directly to me to save another service call.

I do not anticipate returning this set. I believe it is the double edged firmware sword - nice that they can update it, but also allows them to ship less robust app code in order to meet product launch dates.

The picture is really great though...

Username: Musicman1

Post Number: 1
Hi there. I'm about to buy one of these 62" mitsubishi and I'm about 99.9% that I will need the firmware upgrade. Is there any way you could post the phone number so I can get the upgrade? Thanks

Username: Robratz

Help, I'm lost. Just got this new beast yesterday. The picture is horrible. I've got it hooked up to a basic satelite receiver as well as through a Sony stereo receiver, but the best cable connection I have is S-video. I'm only getting 480i reception. Is this low reception quality due to the low end cable connections or is it dependent on the DTV signal? Will buying a new high end receiver with component video in and outs as well as a high end receiver with conmponent video or better really give me that much better quality?

MW
Unregistered guest
Just got my 62525 last week. I noticed that the picture is slightly rotated to where the left side of the screen is lower than the right. The service tech that came out today says that they need to take the unit in to fix it - which means taking the TV apart to make an adjustment and then put everything back together. No thanks. Send me a new one please.... In talking to the home office, I found out that this is a common problem. Has anyone else seen this?

The retailer did offer to take $300 off the price of the TV to make the repairs, but who knows what the techs will do with that TV. Maybe this will send a message to Mitsubishi and the retailer to make sure the units are in top order when shipping and installing.

On a side note. I signed up for Dish Network HDTV service too. I had DirectTV and the picture quality was okay on a standard receiver using coax cable from the receiver to the TV. Once I got Dish Network installed I noticed the picture quality was horrible compared to DirectTV. I made some adjustments (switching to 1080I) and the picture quality improved somewhat. I do have to say that the HDTV signal is absolutely awesome by the way. I called Dish Network to see what I could do for the non-HD channels and he suggested using RGB/S-Video cables from the HD receiver. This also improved the non-HD reception. The only thing I need to do is switch inputs when I want to watch HDTV. I have a Dish Network technician coming out to see if they can do anything else to improve the quality as well. I'm impressed with Dish Network's customer service and responsiveness so far. Their new customer deal is hard to beat - Free equipment and installation. DirectTV only wanted to give me $100 off an equipment charge of $350. Hmmm let's see, free vs. $250. Sorry DirectTV, you just lost a good customer of 10 years.

Username: Musicman1

Post Number: 2
MW it seems that problem is in other dlp mitsubishi tv's. Read up on it in the AVS forum.

That plus the few other bugs in the system has made me delay in my purchase.

MW
Unregistered guest
Dan -

I've looked through many of the forum threads for problems with the Mitsu DLP's and didn't see anything about this image rotation problem I'm having. Am I not looking in the right place?

By the way, my retailer offered me $500 now to fix rather than replace. Does anyone know what the retailer "at cost" price is for the WD-62525?

markintulsa
Unregistered guest
I receieved my 62525 last night and I also have the picture rotation problem. I am going to call them today to see what they are going to do about it.

MW
Unregistered guest
Dan -

I figured it out. AVSForum.com....

Seems the video "tilt" problem is more substancial than turning a couple of adjustment knobs. It requires replacing the whole light processor. Yikes... sounds more major than minor. Glad I'm getting the replacement and not the repair, although I may have the same issue with the new unit. I'll keep everyone updated...

Unregistered guest
Rob,

Cables won't cause a hi-def signal to downgrade to 480i. Your provider is probably broadcasting in the lower resolution.

frankMitsuWD
Unregistered guest
I just received my WD-62525 yesterday and I have to tell you that it looks great. I connected and configured the following: Motorola HDTV cable box, Mitsubishi DVD, Samsung 1080I DVI-HMDI. All of the them look great, except that if you want to watch normal cable channels, you should connect a coax cable from the cable box to the ANT input on the TV. The motorola cable box has an issue with displaying normal channels out of the YPbPr outputs.
Also the only problem I found was after all the configuring and thinkering, I found out that the VOL and MUTE buttons on the remote did not work.
Has anyone have this problem?

Username: Benintx

I had a WS 62525 delivered last Friday. After a couple days, TV would power up with audio, but no video. Contacted Sears and they sent a Service rep out. In the meantime, I began to see really noticable green shadows, almost glowing green. When service came I explained the problem I had when I called and the "new" problem with the bright green shadows. He felt the video loss was bad power confusing the video processor (FWIW, I have a Monster 1100 protecting the system power). I think that's BS. Anyway, he had no idea about the green, so he called it in and they, in turn, called Mitsubishi. This isn't a new problem. Sears said they were told the fix involved a chassis change out. It would take 2 weeks to get here from the factory and a half day to install. I said no thanks, and to swap it out. My new (exchange) set gets here tomorrow. However, I am now experiencing a routine lockup in the system when changing channels, followed by a loss of volume, followed by the image freezing. The Mit. manual says to use a pen or paperclip to press the RESET button when this happens. When new (day one & two) it happened a few times, but now it happens a lot.

I saw some posts about firmware and software changes. What does each fix (green, pixels, lockups, etc.)? Like I said, my new one gets here Saturday, but if it even starts out like this one, it's going back for a refund and I'll get another brand. This set costs too much to have to put up with these problems.

MW
Unregistered guest
Well, I have to say that I'm disappointed... I received a new WD62525 on Monday and low and behold - This one has the screen tilt problem too! This sounds like they are coming from the factory this way - why? I guess if I want to have a Mitsubishi 62" TV I have to have it fixed before I can enjoy it....

Anonymous

I have both the 62525 and 52525, both with cable cards installed.

Interestingly, the 62525 worked fine at first, but the 52525 wouldn't tune in the HD channels. After doing sysem resets, the 52525 now pulls in the HD, but the 62525 can't find the station. Since I have both connected to the same cable provider, using same model cable cards - things aer pointing to the set (though it did pull in HD channels for a while).

Not surprisingly, the tech said both sets need to be upgraded to next version of firmware.

Also, someone earlier mentioned being able to access pay-per-view using cable cards. The current generation only supports one-way (provider to set) comms, so there is no ability to get PPV, or any other service requiring two-way comms.

Have also noticed some of the pixilation and noise on digital channels - on both sets. Will see if the software upgrade fixes things.

sch
Unregistered guest
got the 62525 last week. only problem i have is that just a couple of the hd channels do not come in well. im using comcast cable with cable card and am wondering if this is a symptom of the cable card. anyone else experience this? also, would someone explain what the firmare upgrade for this model is about? thank you

Paul B.
Unregistered guest
I have just purchased the Mitsubishi WD 62525. It is set up in a room without a lot of windows and the picture quality is great even with the glare screen left in place. Straight out of the box....before using VE or Avia to set it up, the picture is awesome and the colors are very nearly perfect. The picture is as good as the one on my ISF calibrated Hithachi 57XWX20B (57" CRT). Even with analog cable signals, there is not a lot of video noise. With digital and HD cable signals the picture is perfect. The blacks are surprisingly good which makes DVDs and HD source material look
3D as they should. I initially used a DVD player with progressive scan and component output. The DVDs look great but you can see some video noise with older source material. With digitally recorded DVDs, (Attack of the Clones) it is perfect...no video noise at all. With the Samsung HD-931 using the DVI output (converted to HDMI), I have achieved Nirvana! The remote is OK and the onscreen menus are easy to negotiate. I have not even played with the six separate color controls yet but it looks pretty close to correct out of the box. No sync problems or need to reset yet. I highly recommend this set.

Steve S
Unregistered guest
Just purchased 62525 and am now worried. We delayed delivery until mid Oct. so builtins can be completed.

Did I buy a bad product? Should I cancel or do you think the software upgrade is the fix?

Anyone like the set???

Unregistered guest
I have a Wd-62525 I recvd on August 31.

I TOO have the left tilt problem, and they are coming out next Tuesday (9/22) to look at it.

I alos seem to notice the fan now alot louder than when I got it. Anyone else notice the middle fan is really loud? There is also a fan on the right side, that is pretty quiet, but it is even on when the tv is off.

Do the fans change speed? Did mine go into high fan mode forever?

WW
Unregistered guest
I'm ready to buy a Mits 62525 and a Directv HD Tivo which has an HDMI output. The store says it's better than any other HD receiver available and must be setup with the HDMI connection (not component & dolby digital). I have a fabulous Pioneer Elite A/V system which they say should be used with output from the Mits, not directly from the HD Tivo.
Has anyone had any experience with HD from Directv, a Mits DLP and an audio/video receiver?
Is it as good as claimed? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Issues with Comcast Cable card.
Do any of you have any problems with the cable card from comcast for HD channels. I receive the unencrypted channels without any problem, but encrypted channels are not receiving. It says concact your cable provider, and the technician from comcast came twice and couldn't figure out the problem. He indicated it is a programing error on their side, and would fix later... Did any one had a problem like this? The TV I use is Panasonic PT-53WXD63.
Thanks.

qweruiop
Unregistered guest
guys,

just wanted to post an update - my 62525 has had the firmware upgrade installed for a little over 3 weeks. Haven't had a reset required since.

Picture is stunning, and the built in tuner is capable of pulling off several HD channels straight off my analog cable coax (no box).

Get the new firmware - it definitely fixes the lockup issue

sch
Unregistered guest
cable card issue with 62525: With cable card installed I received all hi-def channels fine, except espnhd and discoveryhd. With these I would get annoying pixelation. I thought it was due to too many splits in cable, etc. Cable guy came out and after 2 1/2 hours, couldnt identify the problem. But as a last resort, I had him remove the cable card and replace with hd-cable box. That fixed the problem. It also gave me the tv-guide that I was missing with this model. the channels change much faster too.

philhu
Unregistered guest
Gweruiop - What firmware version are you on?

An update for my tv - It too, had the left tilt problem. Imagine my surprise when the guy brough a tech manual for it, popped open the back and there is a left tilt and also a keystone (pinchusion) mechanical screw adjustment, complete with a diagnostic alignment screen to set then!

I assumed they would have to replace the set based upon previous problems, but there ARE adjustments for these items!!!

I am very pleased.

Unregistered guest
I've been following this thread and still decided to purchase a 52725 that was delivered on 9/24. I'm having a problem similar to a lock-up in that when I turn the TV on to Cable (Motorola DCT6200, DVI to HDMI adapter) the picture looks like an old analog scrambled signal. I can defeat this by hitting the Device button and switching to another source, like DVD, and then switching back to the MonLink input. Has anyone else had this problem? Will the Firmware upgrade solve it?

Jan J.
Unregistered guest
I see references to firmware upgrades for the WD-62525....
Would someone please post the firmware version that has the problem, and the firmware version that fixes the problem Please?

Unregistered guest
I just purchase a 52725 and after about 4 hours of use a multiple pixel bright/white spot has shown up and will not go away. Has any one experience this. It is quite distracting and unacceptable.

Unregistered guest
After approximnately 6 hours of using a brand new 52725 the bulb has burnt out. After 4 hours of use I experienced a pixel fault. I'm assuming I must have just got a bad bulb. Or is the 52725 not ready for prime time?

Username: Kruzmisl

Westlake Village, CA USA

I'm looking to purchase a 62725. I've read all the posts re reflection. I have a large window behind the viewing area that I'm considering an remote shutter that rolls down the outside where there's a large roof overhand and so it doesn't get rained on. I realize I could remove the shield, but at night were most of the viewing is done there should not be a problem. Question: I see a 62825 coming out with a "better" A/R shield. Will I be able to buy one from Mits? and will it fit? Dealer didn't know right off. I have an adelphia DVR so I don't want the extra cost of the 825 to duplicate it. I also read about "mightyshield.com Anyone have experience with them. I love the picture with the shield and am hoping for a good solution.
Thanks
John

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
I've had a 62525 for three weeks and have had none of the above problems. TV was manufactured August 2004. Awesome color. Sears price is $4500.00. 3YR extended warranty was $499.00. Also had 24 months no interest, no payments and free delivery rebate if you use Sears credit card. Using Adelphia 8000HD with DVR Explorer box set to 1080I and no problems. Picture perfect reception.

Unregistered guest
Had our WD-62525 for couple weeks now.
I'm very pleased with it...

Hooked my video test generator to it, and I see maybe the 1/2 line width of horizontal tilt on horizontal lines from my test generator. Based upon interlace specs, that is normal.. (CRT's usually fixed with yoke rotation on this in factory, or via convergence/Pincushion adjusts).

Have not encountered any lockups or resets as per posts above...

I see that my request for firmware posts has gone un-answered.. Firmware version in my WD-62525 is: V26004.03

technik
Unregistered guest
I have had my 62-525 for about 30 days now. My firmware version is V26.004.02. Looks like I need an update. I had the tilt issue, which actually turned aout to be a keystone adjustment. This was an easy fix. Keystone adjustment screws are located behind the front panel. I love this set, I have removed the shield however, and am thinking about getting the shield for the 725 to go on it.

Technik

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
My firmware version is V26 004.02 on my 62525 also.

Unregistered guest
I have just bought a wd-62525. Problem is that the sound occasionally drops out and comes right back in. Does anyone know what this might be. My version of firmware is V26 004.01

BULLRIDER
Unregistered guest
TECHNIK,
YOU SAY THERE ARE KEYSTONE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS UNDER THE FRONTPANEL. COULD YOU PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT THEIR LOCATION. I CAN'T FIND NO MARKINGS UNDER THE FRONTCOVER INDICATING KEYSTONE ADJUSTMENT.
THANKS!

Unregistered guest
I'm nosy about the Keystone adjustment as well.

A couple things I've encountered, but haven't been able to find yet...

1. When manually entering in a HD channel...
If you want Channel 5.1 you enter 5 then sub/cancel button, then 1 and it goes to 5.1
Based upon this, how do you get to chanel 11.1 or 43.3 ???? It only seems to work this way on first 9 channels... Anyone found a work around?

2. Next thing: Guide Let's say you are on Antenna 1, (It doesn't matter if you have 'Prefer Digital' on or not), and you hit Guide. You get a Guide... Fine..
Now, How do you get to the next page of the guide without manually scanning downward via the down arrow Adjust? You'd think there would be a page down/page up, but I can't find it..
This makes guide harder to be used... Anyone find a way around Either of these?

Unregistered guest
Daleallen: I was 'playing' around with the controller once last week, looking at the menus and video adjusts, and got into a mode where the Audio was muted on exit from a menu. I pressed up on volume, it registered mid-amplitude audio, but no sound was heard on speakers OR audio outputs (to external amp)... I found that channel down or up, and back again fixed it...
Only encountered this once, but found an easy fix.
WD-62525 V26004.03

Unregistered guest
Daleallen: I was 'playing' around with the controller once last week, looking at the menus and video adjusts, and got into a mode where the Audio was muted on exit from a menu. I pressed up on volume, it registered mid-amplitude audio, but no sound was heard on speakers OR audio outputs (to external amp)... I found that channel down or up, and back again fixed it...
Only encountered this once, but found an easy fix.
WD-62525 V26004.03

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
Jan J.
When viewing guide use channel up/down key to change guide page.
Wd-62525 V26 004.02

Unregistered guest
jfjimmar: Thanks! That's probably the one key I didn't try!! :-)

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
Update: 62525 purchased from Sears here in SE Florida. 30 day ownership was up yesterday. Sears allows return of TV and/or price adjustments within those 30 days. I kept the TV and had three price adjustments. One from their own sale, one on a Best Buy price, and one on a Brandsmart price. Originally paid $4499.99 but with the three price adjustments final cost was $3798.88. Purchased their 3-yr extended warranty for $499.99. Misleading is the word "extended" because it starts on day you purchase TV so your actually getting 2 years. Mitsubishi has 1 year warranty of their own. Salesman countered this with Mitsubishi's warranty for labor is only 30 days and will provide a preventive maintenance check-up yearly. Upon reading Mitsubishi's warranty the 30 days labor is only for a defective screen otherwise warranty for labor and parts is one year. Sears sales people DO work on commission. Mitsubishi says no need to update your software if their nothing wrong with your TV. If their is a required update they will write to you at the address you used when you registered your TV. I'm using a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000HD DVR. Getting two local channels in HD: NBC and ABC plus one each from HBO, SHO and STARZ. Pay $5.00 extra for HD channels ESPN, INHD, INHD2, HDNET, and HDNET MOVIES. My TV came with surround sound turned off which I enabled and contrast set at maximum-no need for that with this TV. So far no problems and the picture is astounding.

Unregistered guest
jfjimmar:

Do you have a phone number and contact name for the software people? I'd like to keep that info for reference in case someone comes up with a software bug and upgrade work-around.

Nothing comes to mind on this now... Just want to have it available in case something comes up in future.... Thanks

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
Jan J.
I called 1-866-252-4333 which is Mitsubishi Operational Assistance then pressed 1(one). Asked about software updates and was told someone would call me back. Next day Mitsubishi called me and said basically "if TV is OK do nothing". I would be notified by mail of any critical updates to software. If you hear different please post.

Unregistered guest
Hey Folks, here's some good information!!!
I just got off the phone with "Rob" at that number above. He registered me as a user for the WD-62525, and spoke with me on software upgrades, etc...
First.. Latest software out there is .04.. I couldn't get him to reveal what it does over .03 that I have (Scan upward for that), but said it is released when problems are found... He wanted to know, and I gave him, information on my current software version.

However, it sounds like you have to walk them into corner in order to get the update. We'll see about that! :-)

He asked for, and got my mailing and email address to be put into a list for informing as, if, and when a software update is necessary... That is good!!

I'd suggest calling that number (See above) and registering your name & Email address with Mitsubishi... It might be in our best interest!!!

Oh yes! I found out about my first question from above...:

Why is it I can't enter in 11.1 when 5.1 works?
Answer is there is a 2.5-3 second delay on accepting in the same character twice!!!
Had I tried 43.3 instead of 11.1 it would have worked as I requested...
If you have to enter 11.1 hit 1 wait two or more seconds, then 1, then sub/cancel 1 it will work!!

(P.S. I'm a video tech, in case you hadn't noticed!!!)

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
check out new makeover of Mitsubishi web site www.mitsubishi.com. Lots more info.

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
oops. its www.mitsubishi-tv.com

atlanta res
Unregistered guest
Anyone buy their Mitsubishi in the Atlanta area? If so, which model and where did you get the best deal?

Thanks!

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
Any thoughts on keeping the screen shield in place or removing it? No kids, just the misses and me. Thanks

Wd-62525

MitsFan
Unregistered guest
Has anyone encountered problems with the WD-62725? Also, any issues with a Comcast cable card on the 62725?

Unregistered guest
Have a 62725 and would like to get information on the RS-232 commands. I am also a firmware developer and would like to get one of the "firmware update" compact flash cards to analyze the data format and code loader structure.
Has anyone had problems getting this set to recognise a CF card containing jpg images? Manual states that card must be formatted in FAT16 format, which is what I have done. Thanks!

Username: Rheitzig

I puchased a 52725 a few weeks ago. Comcast was out three times trying to install a cable-card without success each time (nothing but blank screen for all digital stations; station-name comes in but that's it). The last guy that was there suggested that maybe a firmware upgrade was needed. I called Mits, they sent out a firmware "upgrade" but it turned out to be the same version that was already on there - 4.03. When discussing with Mits, they told me 4.03 was the latest for the 52725, that 4.04 was only an upgrade needed for 52525. Either way, I still have no luck with the cable-card thing. For now I'm using a HD box but it's irritating that I can't do the cable-card.

Frankly, I'm not convinced I even WANT a cable-card but feel like I want to TRY it to see and compare. Anybody know what I don't get with the cable card? As I understand it I don't get PPV, on-demand, their channel / what's on guide, or DVR capabilities. Anything else (as if that's not enough)? The 52725 has a guide thing built in - will that work with a cable-card?

Anybody with any info on getting cable-card to work with 725 series - would be appreciated.

Thanks

Username: Strider

Hey there, I'm a salesman/tech for a mit dealer, and just to clear up some misconceptions:
First, to Dan, MW, and others - The image tilt issue is simply a keystone adjustment; whoever told you it required repair or replacement of the light engine is wrong. Also, this is not user adjustable. It is not difficult, and most of you could handle it, but technically, it voids your warranty, so it isn't a good idea for you to do it yourself. (Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, but it would be bad for me to tell you how to perform this adjustment. if you then go and screw something up, you could sue me, etc.) If you bought your set at a reputable dealer, they should take care of it at no charge. If they don't let Mit know. If you bought it online for a "great price," serves you right! That's why you should stick with an authorized dealer.
Second, to Rich Heitzig - who did you talk to at Mit? There is NO DIFFERENCE between the 525 and 725 models. They are identical, except that the 725 has the black cloth front and reduced glare screen. There are no different software, hardware, or other versions out there. Also, Comcast's cable cards are having problems unrelated to the TVs. They have a couple of versions out there, and some are not working well with ANY cable card TVs. Comcast's SOP is to tell people their TV is the problem. Some of that is forgivable, since Comcast bought some cable systems in disrepair, but that is a pattern of theirs.

Username: Strider

Hey there, I'm a salesman/tech for a mit dealer, and just to clear up some misconceptions:
First, to Dan, MW, and others - The image tilt issue is simply an adjustment; whoever told you it required repair or replacement of the light engine is wrong. I fixed one two days ago. It is relatively simple to correct, but it is not user servicable. That means if you do it, you void your warranty. If you bought your set at a reputable dealer, they should fix it for free. If they don't let Mit know. If you saved some money online, serves you right; if you did and they take care of it, I'll be impressed.
Second, to Rich Heitzig - who did you talk to at Mit? There is NO DIFFERENCE between the 525 and 725 models. They are identical, except that the 725 has the black cloth front and reduced glare screen. There are no different software, hardware, or other versions out there. Also, Comcast's cable cards are having problems unrelated to the TVs. They have a couple of versions out there, and some are not working well with ANY cable card TVs.

Bronze Member
Username: Teknomedic

Post Number: 14
@ Jason Yergler >>

Would you also be able to clear up what's the latest firmware version for our Mits?... and maybe what the changes are or what's "fixed"??

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Did anyone see the clock auto correct for DST, Ours didn't.
WD-62525 V26004.03

weanus
Unregistered guest
Hey Jan J:

My WD-62525 with same firmware did not update for DST either. Maybe new firmware is in order. I have a call in to Mits regarding some other issues (color wheel noise and warped front cover) and I will bring this glitch up as well.

Unregistered guest
keep in touch, eh?

If you get no-where, I'll call too!
Email me!

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
V26 004.02 My 62525 did not change clock for DST also. I too will call Mits.

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
Called MITS. From remote TV MENU under TIME -setting must be on AUTO not MANUAL for DST to work. V26 004.02

Unregistered guest
Checked last night..... Time setting was in Manual...

weanus
Unregistered guest
My clock WAS set to automatically adjust for DST. I called Mits and reported the problem but they tried to tell me that I was mistaken. It is not a big deal but it speaks to the lack of testing and detail on their part.

As far as my color wheel goes, I am getting a new tv delivered on 11/08 from Sears. The Mits rep said that the only noise I should hear is the fan and not the annoying growl currently being emitted from the color wheel.

Also - Has anyone had a problem with the front control cover / door being warped?

Anonymous

Newbie trying to decide between the WD-62525 and other CRT TVs....

I'm tempted by all the pros of the DLP, but based on all the problems posted to this board, I'm starting to wonder if the DLP is too buggy and immature a technology.

Is the picture quality of the DLP really that much better then the CRT to justify the headache and price? The fact that the DLP is slim and trim is not a factor to me....

jfjimmar
Unregistered guest
I would hate to see the length of this board if 62525 owners posted how happy they were with their DLP. No matter what TV model you buy someone is going to have problems. It is the nature of the beast. I purchased my 62525 after seeing a friend's 62525. I've had mine for one and a half months with absolutely no problems and my friend the same. Manufacturers wouldn't have a warranty if all TV's were perfect. Good luck with your decision. Just my opinion....

Unregistered guest
We're happy with our 62525. Pix quality is great.
I specifically like the separate memories for each source, so if you want different contrast/brightness/sharpness and Noise Reduce the VCR input, you can...

If I had it to do over again, it would still be here!!!

One thing I wish I could have bought (Listen up sales folks!):
I would have liked to purchase an extra piece of air filter material. I plan on changing the filter every other month, not 6 month increments per manual. This way I could wash and dry one filter while the other is in use.

Can anyone of the sales folks that have posted here before help me with this?

Kevin Goff
Unregistered guest
I got one of these two months ago from the Nebraska Furniture mart and there was a small spot in the middle of the screen that would not show color. I called them up and two days later they came out and swapped it with a new one. The new unit i have has only frozen up where it wont accept commands once. It's been running fine since and i havent had a single problem in the past 6 weeks.

My only complaint is that when i am switching between dvd and cable i usually have to switch the screen format of the tv (from narrow to standard). I have to cycle through all of the format options (expanded and all of the other goofy choices). I wish there was an easier way to switch.

Anonymous

Just bought a 62525 from Sears. The set is absolutely perfect. I pick up HD off the air in San Antonio just fine. Cable TV works good, even with the cable card. I got a good deal at Sears and I highly recommend this set to everyone.

Anonymous

I noticed someone referenced above the audio not matching up consistently when someone is talking. I noticed this as well with my 62525 but only a few times. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Here in Chicago there are a couple stations who do not properly sync up audio with video in the MPEG converter...
Though there is supposed to be a data in the MPEG Stream to set delay of audio in the reciver, I don't think that this generation of receiver's are set to do that,yet.
So audio delay is presently in the hands of the broadcasters...
Here's how to test it:
Pick a channel with previously known good 'lip sync'. Document as best as possible the 'lip sync' Audio in sync, ahead or behind video.
Switch off this channel to another, and back again, about 10 times. The lip sync should remain where you measured the first time... Repeatedly...
If you then go to a known 'out of lip sync' station, and you document repeatedly that lip sync is out of sync.... You've just proved it was the TV Station, not the receiver!
By the way, DON'T EXPECT to see the Analog channel (on portable TV) in Sync with same DTV channel... They have a different propagation delay through the processing gear.

Unregistered guest
I have the 52725 and there is a fan that stays on all the time. Is this normal? Another fan comes on when the tv comes on, but one stays on all the time. I wonder if the fan that stays on all the time, will wear out early. Is this normal for this TV?

e16capt
Unregistered guest
I have had my 52725 for about a month now and have come to some conclusions on the whole cable card issue. I have found that currently Comcast is not supporting any of the channel guide or menu information with cable card use, the changing of channels is painfully slow (up to 15 seconds between channels). There is no pay for view or Ondemand use. They also do not support the digital audio at this time, so the digital coax output from the tv is non functioning so you need to use the rca connections to get sound to your reciever. The plus side is that the picture quality on standard def programing is much better then the cable box and even the High Def picture quality is slightly better. I have struggeled with these pros and cons and have settled on using both. I have one of the new DVR cable boxs and use it for HD dvr functions and when I need premium suond and the cable card for all standard def. Also for those that are currious, the firewire 1394 output does work on the HD cable boxes but does not display the channel guide information or menu features. The PQ for standard def is the same as the component video cables.

Unregistered guest
I've encountered a problem...Want to alert you to it...
I'm using two antenna cable inputs. My Outside antenna goes to Antenna #1 (Main), and I receive HDTV directly from this antenna.
My cable feed goes into Antenna #2 (Aux) input.

My Stereo system is a Bose Lifestyle, which can take either Analog or Digital inputs.

Up till today, I've been using Analog Output Audio 2 from the 62525 to the Bose Analog inputs for TV.

Looking at the 62525 manual today, I discovered the digital audio connector, which when connected to the Bose, provides a higher quality audio than the analog feeds, from digital transmissions. (At this point, the Analog audio was disconnected from the Bose). All was fine until I switched to Cable feeds.
When I view Cable (Antenna #2 AUX), there is no digital audio. So, I re-connect analog audio to Bose, so BOTH Digital and Analog feeds go to Bose.

When viewing Cable feeds, there is no Digital audio output (Which is to be expected).. However, there is still a digital clock signal output from the Digital Audio output jack, and it is this clock signal that causes the Bose to swtich to the (Silent) digital audio, rather than the (active) analog feeds.
Bose is not the only manufacturer to sense digital clocks and switch inputs...

With both Analog and Digtal audio connected to the Bose, when I change channels on Cable, for a second or so, you hear the Analog audio, until Bose detects the Digital clocking signal, then switches to digital (where there is no signal), so you hear no audio!

I am not suggesting that digital audio be output during non=HDTV receptions, that won't happen. I would like the Digital Audio carrier to be muted when no Digital Audio is detected, to prevent other gear to auto-switch to a connection with no audio on it!

You'd think that someone would have thought of this senerio, and, when no digital audio is detected, the digital audio would mute altogether, so that digital detect circuits downstream don't switch to digital audio, when no digital audio is detected....

It's nice to have the digital audio output, but this is a trap that many could fall into!

I'm presently going back to analog audio output from 62525 to Bose, because of this problem!

62525 V26 004.03

I'll have to call 866-252-4333 tomorrow and complain...

Unregistered guest
Please refer to Page 14 of the Owner's Guide, Section 12 that mentions the following about the Digital Audio Output:
The output will automatically turn off when viewing an analog channel or device. Use Monitor Output Audio 2 to send Analog sound to your A/V Receiver.

I went so far as to 'scope' the digital audio ouput.. There is a 1 Volt Peak clock signal when there is no audio output.

Anonymous

In regards to the secondary fan question above, I had called a tech out to check it out and he informed that it was normal and was supposed to run all of the time. I had the same question about it wearing out though, but do not know. It's like buying an expensive car, expensive repairs.

Unregistered guest
Regarding my post above, where the clock on the Digital Output forces downstream gear to switch to the wrong audio feeds, I spoke at length twice to Operational Tech Support (866-252-4333) and I remained patient and tried all their ideas... When I exhausted their ideas, they gave me Mitsubishi's Customer Service number.
I called, and I talked with a very knowledgeable lady there, who knew of the exact problem as I described it...
The fix for this is supposed to be addressed in a firmware upgrade, and they took my name & address for the upgrade to be mailed, and assigned it a File#.
Don't know what firmware upgrade number will be, but she confirmed that V26 004.03 is the current version firmware for the WD62525.

Firmware upgrade should be released within 2 weeks after Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Anonymous

The Mitsubishi 52525, 52725,62525 and 62725 qwerky software problem is a simple smart card software install. Just call Mit's (wait on hold for 15 minutes and they will send the fix to you. You must return it to them via a pre-paid UPS envelope. For a picture realignment the fix is even easier. Grasp the upper right and left corners of the screen and push on left and pull towards you on you right if the problem worsens just reverse the process. Worked for me.

Anonymous

Bought my 62725 from FRY's in Duluth Ga. Found the best price however at Brandsmart USA in Doraville. Didn't like the used car treatment I experienced at brandsmart so I took the price to FRY's and they met Brandsmart's price of $3798.00. Have had for a month and am very satisfied now that the softare issue was resolved.

Unregistered guest
Thought I'd share:
went from YUV HD (from a HD/SD DVR) feeds to 62525 to
DVI to HDMI cable (monolink)....

Picture quality improved visably!

Unregistered guest
I have a really good deal and about to buy a 62725 from online. Since this TV may have problems such as tilt, lock-out, lip-sync, etc. I wonder if I can go directly to Mits's tech support (using the phone number listed somewhere on this thread) if I have problem and the dealer is not there to help.
Thank you.

Unregistered guest
Here's a color Word document of the connection panel of the 62525

(Well, I was going to upload it, but it won't accept it unless it is 1Kb or less in size).
It is 173Kb in size...
If anyone wants it, email me, and put 62525 in subject line, and I will pass it on to you...
Jan

Andy H
Unregistered guest
I've got a 62525 with firmware version .03 and I have seen noticable lag in the picture when viewing an interlaced source. (Especially Playstation 2 videogames at 480i). Is there any way that I can disable the upscan conversion to reduce lag or any other way of reducing lag in the picture? Will updating the firmware help at all? Any help would be appreciated!

Wolf
Unregistered guest
WD-62525 came on with only a "herringbone" pattern on the entire screen. No sound or remote response. Reset resulted in the same display. Any clues?? Know the toll-free service number and hours of operation? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
From my post above..... 866-252-4333

Unregistered guest
Andy H I'm running 62525 & 4.03 firmware as well.

Wife runs cable programming, VCR playback (Via Y/C on input 1) into it and I've not seen any appreciable lag in the picture... Needless to say, VHS doesn't look great, but no lag seen here.
Check to see if you don't have Noise Reducer set for Reduce... That will should eliminate HF detail... But even if in Reduce, it shouldn't cause lag either... See if you can get anything to turn it off (lag) and post results... and I'll try to see if I can re-create your symptoms..

You might have a 'broke'...

Unregistered guest
P.S. Andy, I have a test signal generator, and have plugged it into a composite input, and did not notice any appreciable artifacts on screen with multiburst, ramp (Luma and lum/chroma)Bars, Sin X /X, or any other signals...

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
Purchase my 62525 on 11/24 and had problems with HD turner locking up. Received software update .04 from mitsubishi and fix that problem. Using the new Sony NS975V up conversion 1080i dvd player found after two players and two monster 400 HDMI cables finding the HDMI port is defective. Went to Tweeter with my player and hooked my player to a 52725 and player worked fine. Spoke to a tech from Tweeter and he stated I would need a new chassis to repair HDMI port. I told him I don't think so. He told me he would contact Tweeter on 12/10 and they would contact me for a new TV swap. I contacted they rapid responce toll free number and had to leave a voice mail. Still waiting for a responce from Tweeter.

Gdog
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the 52725 or 52825 uses HD2+ DLP technology? I am debating between the 52725 or the Toshiba 52HM94 because of the improved DLP processor. Any thoughts?

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
Gdog
The mitsubishi 525 725 and 825 are using the HD2+ chip. I almost bought the toshiba but found the mitsubishi having a better picture quality. Also the mitsubishi had a HD turner built in if you need one. I don't think the toshiba has one. The 825 has the 120gb hard drive. 525 clear screen 725 anti glare screen and 825 has the anti glare screen which is suppose to be 2% more anti glare. I don't think anybody came see a 2% difference.
Pete T.

Gdog
Unregistered guest
Pete,
Thanks for the details, I think that just about settles my concerns then. I just hope that I receive one w/o a bright spot issue, going to go for the 725. Good luck with your HDMI issue..Glen

Unregistered guest
Anyone using V4.04 with 62525? I'm supposed to get this as a bugfix next week, and was wondering if anyone has used it yet...

I'm hoping it will either:

A. Turn off the clock on Digital Audio output when cable or other feeds are selected, or....

B. Route all audio through Digital Audio output at all times...

In preparation for this, I'm documenting all settings for each used input and tuner, so I have a record of what "Was" in case it erases everything..

Can anyone who had a firmware upgrade report if previous presets/selections were erased??

CT
Unregistered guest
On a WD 52525, how can I adjust my external speakers with the TV remote control? My external speakers do not have remote control. They are plugged into the monitor right & left monitor outputs. Volume is constant.

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
"WATCH OUT FROM BUYING FROM TWEETER" PURCHASE MY MITSUBISHI WD62525 FROM TWEETER IN NEWINGTON, CT. ON 11-19-04. TOLD BY THE SALESPERSON THAT THE TV WAS A DISPLAY MODEL AND THAT TWEETER WAS NOT GOING TO CARRY THE 525 SERIES ONLY 725, AND 825 MODELS. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD SAVE ALOT OF MONEY IF I BOUGHT THE DISPLAY MODEL WHICH IN FACT I DID, AND BUYING THE DISPLAY WAS THE SAME IF I BOUGHT A NEW ONE IN THE BOX. AS EVERYBODY CAN SEE FROM MY POST ON 12-13-04 IAM STILLING HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE HDMI PORT WHICH IS DEFECTIVE AND THE V26 CHASSIS HAS TO BE REPLACED FOR IT TO WORK WITH MY NEW SONY NS975V DVD PLAYER WHICH UP CONVERTS TO 1080i. SO I CALLED THEY RAPID RESPONCE TEAM AND THEY CONTACTED THE STORE OF PURCHASE TO WORK A DEAL OUT FOR A NEW TV. RAPID RESPONCE STATED THE STORE WOULD CALL ME BACK. WELL FIVE HOURS LATER AT 850 PM I CALLED THE STORE SINCE I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK. WHEN I SPOKE TO RAPID RESPONCE I TOLD THEM THAT I FOUND SOMETHING VERY ODD. WHEN I WAS HOOKING UP ALL MY CABLES IN THE BACK OF THE TV I NOTICE THE HEAT SINK TYPE COVER WAS REMOVED WHERE THE CABLE CARD WOULD BE INSERTED. SO AT THIS TIME I WENT INTO THE MENU AND WENT IN THE CABLE TURNER AND FOUND THAT THE TURNER WAS PROGRAMED FOR A LOCAL CABLE COMPANY. I USE DIRECT TV AND THE STORE USES DIRECT TV FOR A DEMO. THE TV I BOUGHT WAS A RETURN NOT A DISPLAY MODEL A BIG DIFFERENCE. SO AFTER WAITING FIVE HOURS TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM THE STORE, I CALLED AT 850 PM AND GOT A WHOLE OF THE SALES PERSON I BOUGHT THE TV FROM, HE HAD NOTHING TO SAY WHEN I MENTION THAT THE TV WAS A RETURN AND NOT THE SO CALL DISPLAY. SO HE TOLD FOR $1200.00 MORE HE WOULD SWAP OUT MY TV FOR A NEW 62725 A TV THAT IS ONLY $200.00 MORE IN PRICE. SALES PERSON TOLD ME BECAUSE I GOT SUCH A GOOD PRICE ON MY TV THAT WAS ALL HE COULD DO. THIS SALES PERSON WAS THE MANAGER. "WHAT A JOKE THIS STORE IS" AFTER SEVERAL MORE CONTACTS AND GETTING NO RESPONCES. I EMAIL THE PUBLIC RELATIONS PERSON AT THE TWEETER HEADQUARTERS AND MAYBE I CAN GET SOME ANSWERS FROM THI PERSON. TWEETER WHAT A JOKE.

Andy H
Unregistered guest
Well I tried to change the reduce feature to off and change some of the opther options on there, but it didn't change anything. I don't think the problem with the lag has to do with the audio being in sync with the video, it's more of both the A/V being in sync with button presses on a controller. I don't know if you play videogames or not, but the timing just greatly affects videogames that are timing specific. Try something like Super Mario Bros from a Nintendo and you'll notice that you will experience a slight delay when you push "A" and Mario jumps on-screen.

Unregistered guest
I'm going to cover two subjects in this post.

Andy H I think I now know what you are talking about... A slight delay from the time you press something until you see it.. Propagation Delay
Yes, I think there is a 3-4 frame propagation delay in the digital processing...

2nd Issue:
I got the V4.04 Firmware today... Very easy to install.. Unplug 62525, insert CF memory card, plug in 62525, and it programs itself!!
Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem I was having (See Above).. Sent email to lady I've been dealing with... Maybe I explained it better this time...

Andy H
Unregistered guest
How do you get the firmware installation again? Do you have to call Mitsubishi and they will send you a memory card?

Unregistered guest
I purchased the 62525 from Best Buy for 3675 and the 4 year extended warranty for 399 on 12/13. I received the set on 12/15 and hooked up some basic 'rabbit ears' (Recoton 250) and then scanned the channels. I was able to pull in the DTV and HD stations (i'm in San Jose, CA) with superb picture quality. Even channels like 2 KTVU (FOX), 4 & 5, that I could never get on the analog signal. A few days later I noticed the signal quality was degrading and would start fading out (pixelating and freeze frame), then finally the set wouldn't get any DTV/HD stations. Over the weekend I tried an outdoor antenna, the Terk HDTVs, but it didn't seem to work at all. I rescanned the channels on both Antenna inputs (1 & 2) and now no DTV/HD signals are being picked up, only the Analog stations. I called Best Buy on 12/20 and also the Mits number 949-830-8364, spoke to Dave, and reported the problem that the Digital tuner is dead. I got a case number from Mits. No-one else reported this problem (that Mits was aware of). Best Buy will be sending out a Tech on 12/28 to look at the problem.

I'm currently also hooked up to Dishnetwork DBS and have the SVGA running to the DVDO iScan Ultra and the DVI to HDMI (Monster) cable plugged into the HDMI port on the set. The display on the set shows 480p now. Previously, without the iScan, the set would display 480i. Picture quality has improved with the iScan and looks pretty good. It's definitely not as good as the quality compared to the HD stations that I was getting when I first had the set using the indoor OTA antenna. I enjoyed watching the Tonight Show and the HD quality was top-notch. I really hope the DTV/HD tuner problem gets fixed cuz this is the main reason I wanted the set to begin with.

Andy H
Unregistered guest
Another thing regarding your problem, I don't think you could ever get the feature to route analogue audio inputs thru the digital out because that would require some sort of up converter inside the TV. Besides, you aren't gaining any quality that way either. You probably just want it to be convienient by not having to switch audio sources on your reciever, but I don't think anyone really thinks about this situation when they make a TV!

And what exactly do you mean by turning off the clock through the digital audio? There is clock data sent to your sound reciever or something?

Anonymous

I have a WD-52525 and thus far am pretty happy with it. I have noticed a small green oval (3"x7") in the lower middle of the screen. The green oval is prevalent in dark scenes or when changing channels when the screen is dark. Is anyone having similar problems?

Unregistered guest
We had what I'm guessing was a piece of dust on the optics, in upper right center of screen, only visable on Solid White screens as a "smudge", however, after moving the set out to add some cables, it must have been jostled off, as it is no longer visable... I hear that the Air Filter on the left side of the set should be kept clean. Manual says every 6 months. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement filter element?
What I would like to do is clean the filter with water, and let that one dry, while a dry one is installed... Alternating filters, and assureing that no humidity will get inside the unit...
???

Unregistered guest
hi-phile:
Most DVR's and many DVD's will up-convert 480i to 480P, it's not that hard to do.

Basically any "P" signal will have twice the bandwidth of the same "I" signal.
The interlaced NTSC we view was developed because it simulated twice the bandwidth with a half bandwidth transmission. Once the 480i video is displayed on a transmission that can display twice the bandwidth by it's very nature of being Progressive, you see more detail. Not as much as 720 or 1080 because of the pixel count, but more than the NTSC screen!!!

Unregistered guest
Note to all:
I called the operations hotline: 866-252-4333
about the extra air filter, and they sent me to parts: 800-553-7282, and they tell me the part number for replacement air filter for WD-62525 is: 620D144010 and the cost is $10.+ Plus Local Tax, Plus $10.00 shipping.

I think I can get some filter material and make a cutout a lot cheaper...

Unregistered guest
Operational note to all (For those, who, like me, didn't fully read the instructions!!!)
If you connect a Camcorder via front or rear Firewire connection, it is ONLY machine control!
You must associate analog video & audio connections to the 1394 control icon...

Haven't encountered anything unusual with V4.04 firmware... Nor have I heard from Mitsubishi Customer Service Department about the Digital audio problem.
If I had it to do over again, I would still buy the WD-62525, I think it is a great product!

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
Received a call from Tweeter regional manager and quess what, Tweeter is going to give me a new TV see post from 12-15 12-19 it's about time. Plus a $100.00 gift card. "WOW" All I wanted is the TV fixed, replacing the V 26 chassis to repair the defective HDMI port is a major repair. The whole TV would have to be realined not a simple repair. 62525 is a great DLP TV. It was sad that I had to contact the public relations manager to come to a solution. I never has a problem in the past with Tweeter. All Tweeter will do is send the TV back for a credit, no big deal for them. This is my third Mitsubishi big screen and was always pleased with their product. The first 525 models did have some problems. The ones I have seen in stores now have .03 software and were made in September, my 62525 was made in July with .02 software, even with the .04 upgrade I was still having problems with the turner locking up but not as often. FYI Mitsubishi did produce a DLP 65 inch in 2001,2002 but it was short live due to the $10.000 price tag.

Anonymous

I have a Mits 62525 and I love it! I had all kinds of trouble with the cable card but I finally got it resolved. It turned out that even with firmware .03 the scientific atlanta cable card would not work. A firmware upgrade on the cable card did the trick. I still have the occasional loss of sound (rare) but I believe that is due to the poor cable signal quality. They are due out soon to my house to calibrate the signal.

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
Well received my new 62525 on thursday, this TV was made in August and the serial # is 7000 higher. This one has a better picture, the return tv after a wild notice a green outline around people. This TV does not have this problem, at first I thought it was direct tv but now I know it was the return. Also the cable card cover was in place, and the back panel has a seal from the factory. The return tv this was removed, and setup for a cable card. I guess what ever cable company who tried to get the card to work went into the back panel and shorted the HDMI port. That's why they make plastic screw drivers, when working on a circuit board. Also now I can enjoy my sony NV975V DVD player through the HDMI port. Outstanding picture quality at 1080i. I also had a slight tilt problem, but is a quick fix by pushing on the top left and right corners of the screen, either pushing or pulling left or right according to which way the picture is tilted. Put a letter box movie on with black bars and it will make it simple to adjust. It will lock right in. This tilted problem happens sometimes when the Tv is lifted up and pressure is put on the screen. Once it is placed on it's stand and ajusted then it will be fine. They is a internal ajustment but only if the tilt is way out. Then you should call a tech not to void any warranty. It was sad that Tweeter took four weeks to come to a solution and had to contact they Headquarters in Mass. It was simple, I had a TV that was defective from day one and it was not a simple repair by replacing the whole chassis. Give the customer a new TV and no more problems, simple. Send the defective TV back to Mitsubishi for a credit, simple again. "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Unregistered guest
I thought I'd post a link to where I've started a thread about the problem with the digital audio output problem I've encountered.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=489254

Unregistered guest
I have a 5 year old 55" Mitsubishi HDTV rear projection set. The picture from the top and bottom is concaved., coming in from each edge to a spot in the middle which is about 1.5" lower (Both on the top and the bottom). Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

annon.
Unregistered guest
sounds like you are looking for a /t7b pincushion adjustment... Is it a crt based unit?

annon.
Unregistered guest
sounds like you are looking for a T&B pincushion adjustment... Is it a crt based unit?

Unregistered guest
I'm not sure what you mean by a CRT based unit. I feed my Mitsubishi TV through a Yamaha receiver, which I feed my SAT receiver into as well as VHS and DVD players. The Yamaha distributes the signal that I choose.

Boe
Unregistered guest
I've had my WD-62725 for little over 4 months now. This morning i tried turning it on and nothing happened but the green power LED did come on. No relay clicking noise or extra fan noise. This happen to me one other time. I tried reseting it several times and i even left it unplugged for several hours and still I'm still getting nothing. I asume the bulb is good because the lamp led does not come on when the tv is plugged in. Otherwise the tv is working fine for me. I've tried contacting the Online store i purchased it from and they are not calling me back. IS THERE ANYONE WITH A QUICK FIX? Or will i be stuck calling a REAL LIFE repair man? LOL.. Any help will be appreciated!! THANKS!!

Anonymous

I received my 62525 Mits Nov 8th 2004. I have enjoyed playing xbox, HD channels and even the pay channels which are not HD look great! The regular digital channels (abc,cbs,nbc) look horible and I try not to use this tv for that kind of viewing. Anyways, Initially I saw the green outline on some broadcasts but after a few days(break in period?), they seemed to have gone away. Last night I was watching the UCONN/BC Mens bball game (which was broadcast on ESPN+, in HD) and it was hard to watch. When the camera was zoomed in with little motion the picture was perfectly crisp, however, when zoomed out, the fast action caused pixellation and green outline came back. I am running V26004.03 and my question is will the .04 upgrade fix this problem? or could it be the snow storm causing this? Or could it be the camera at the game causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
BOE
I WOULD CONTACT MITSUBISHI IT COULD BE THE SOFTWARE. .04 IS THE NEWIEST AT THIS TIME. WHAT SOFTWARE IS IT RUNNING. MIGHT BE A POWER SUPPLY.
PETE

sean007
Unregistered guest
I have a wd-52725 with 4.04 version and this past Monday, when I turned on the TV...nothing happened, press the power button and got nothing neither. Reset it and it seems to be fine for now...But I thought that thr 4.04 should fixed these problems.The week before, I had to reset it because even though I ws watching HD channels, it kept displayed SD4:3. I did not know if this was the cable card problem, until I reset it which fixed that problem. Tweeter will come out tomorrow but it's difficult to diagnose something when it's working. Is there a fix? or should I ask for replacement. I contacted Mits and they said I'm on the lastest version and should not have that problem.

Sean

Boe
Unregistered guest
I have 4.03 version. After a day i decided to pop the sucker open. I tested all fuse points and powered it up and probed the power test points on the PWB. All fuses checked out and all test points up to the two relays that supply power to the rest of the components had power, after the relays i had nothing. I pulled the relay caps off and relays looked cosmetically ok. After that I decided to put everything back together because my wife was yelling at me that I probably voided the warranty.. stupid me.. After everything was back together I went and bought a APC battery back up UPS surge protector from wal-mart which cost me $50. After hooking everything back up the TV powered up just fine except for everything was in spanish. Bugs in the software, Not sure. The way it sounds from sean007 has the same problem and sean007 has the newer software. Well it works now, but for how long. This is the 2nd time. I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK ON THERE OWN TV other than a qualified technician.. Any ideas why these models decide to do this please share your knowledge. Thanks

Ringthanes
Unregistered guest
I just bought the WD-62525 01/02/05. The set worked fine for the first few days, but when my wife tried to turn the set on this evening, the Timer/Power light began to flash yellow. It never stopped. I tried resetting the system (twice) and even unplugging it for a time...nothing. I called Mitsubishi who said that the system is probably in "fail safe mode" due to a circut problem and will need to be replaced. Anyone else had this problem?

Pete T.
Unregistered guest
sean007, BOE, Ringthanes,
.04 is the newiest software at this time. My 62525 had .01 and I just put .04 the other day in it. When I first installed it after about 20 minutes the tv locked up on me. I reset the tv and it has been fine ever since. You should reprogram the internal HD turner and reset the satellite or cable box. It seems that people are having problems with cable cards. Im using directv with a HD satelitte receiver and a OTA outside antenna. I can receive the New York networks 60 air miles away, not bad at all. Any one using this type of tv's should use some type of surge power strip. Boe that might of been been your problem. Call mitsubishi and they will send you .04 over night at no cost to you. Ringthanes flashing yellow timer/power might just be lamp door is not secure or filter cover not secure. It both are not tight and not set in place right the tv will go into a fail safe mode. It might just be a simple fix. Most of the time in electronics that all it is. If you just clean the filter out the tv will reset and ask if you changed the lamp. The same with the lamp. The tilt problem people are having are nothing more then two screw adjustments. But the screws do have lock tight on them. If it was set right at the factory know one would have this problem, It can be affected when the tv is lifted up and pressure is put on the screen, but the tilt is very slight and can be fixed with out making any internal adjustments. See post from 12-31. Ringthanes if a circuit has to be replaced, get a new tv. Tweeter wanted to replced the V26 chassis and I had them give me a new TV and it works great. Qualified Technicians? Some are and some have no idea what they are talking about.
Pete

sean007
Unregistered guest
Pete T.
Thanks for the insight. I guess that RESET the system could be as common as rebooting our PC i.e. it could lock up and need resetting. I guess Mits is aware of this RESETTING and put it in PRINT in their manual ( See RESET system ). The Tweeter tech guy came out and said that power distribution could also affecting it, so I'm thinking of getting a UPS for it. So what do you think about my 2 cents on RESETTING the system and on the UPS? I have not have to reset in a week and it seems to work fine now. Keep my fingers crossed ! But I will call Tweeter to extend my 60 days window, because it's a pain to have it replaced and it's not certain that the new one won't have any problem neither. Mits sent me another 4.04 upgrade, which is what I already have and so I am debating about reloading it one more time. Should I?
I am using cable cards - had for 3 weeks and they are great except for no TV GUIDE, but I think the analog channels are clearer than going through cable or satellite box.

Sean

TheTomMan
Unregistered guest
Hi Sean,

I have the 62725 and I have had the same freeze up (twice) when the set is off. It won't power on. I had a bunch of horizontal green lines once too, that was fixed by unplugging the unit. The Mits techincian is sending me the latest software, saying it will fix it all. I guess we'll see.

Other than having to reset/unplug it once in a while, it's great.

Tom

sean007
Unregistered guest
Tom,

I believe that I am already on the latest software version 4.04. Is that what the tech is sending you?

Sean

sean007
Unregistered guest
Maintenance on the Mits...We all know that we will need to clean the filter every 6 months, replace the lamp approx. every 2.5 yrs hopefully (4000 hrs life with 4hrs TV per day). But what about the fan? which runs 24x7, how often do you think we will need to replace it? I have 2 dlps both 52" and paying $350 each for maintenance to Tweeter, but not including the lamp. I'm thinking about cancelling my maintenance and save on the $700 which could used on either TVs. But with so many things that could go wrong with these TVs...I may better keep the contracts, please give me your 2 cents. Also, Mitsubishi is coming out with their own extended warranty mid-later this year which I heard is competitive and if given the choice, I would buy it from them instead of going through Tweeter, BB..whose techs are not specially trained on these Mits.

Sean

JASON NEEDS HELP
Unregistered guest
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HOOK UP A 62525 TO THE DVD PLAYER, THE TUNER AND A DVR HD CABLE BOX? IS IT HDMI TO HDMI FROM TV TO DVD AND OPTICAL CABLE FROM DVD TO TUNER? WHAT ABOUT SOUND FROM TV TO TUNER? ALSO HOW MUCH DOES THE BULB COST? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

Sean007
Unregistered guest
Jason: best option hookup:
HDMI from DVD to TV
Optical / Coaxle from DVD to Tuner
Coaxle from TV to Tuner (this cable comes with the TV)
cost of bulb...about $250-$300 and Mits will refund $100 once you send in the old bulb.

Sean

anonymous1
Unregistered guest
Any recommendations for a good HDTV antenna to use indoors for this TV. I found a Terk at CC and a Samsung at BB, Both $99

Username: Tevans

Houston, Tx

Looking at buying Mits wd52525 at Best Buy $2699.00 (great special and discounts) Any thought on if I should pay the extra for wd52825 at Tweeter for $3899.00.
Mits has told me I can purchase the Diamond screen from the 825 for $320.00 which would make the 525 cost around $3000.00. I do not feel that the extra $800.00 or so is worth it for the PVR and gloss front after buying a Diamond shield.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Tom

Anonymous

Just Bought the WD-62525 for 3850 and free delivery ....did I get ripped off?

This is in San fran Bay area.

Anybody got a better deal ...and would want to provide me with a copy of the receipt....10% of my savings to you.

TheTomMan
Unregistered guest
Update on my 62725 not powering on and needing to be reset and/or unplugged. I upgraded the software and it has froze up again, 3 more times since. It also has, while I was changing channels, sent the lamp light flashing to a blank screen. Unplugging the set fixed it fine.

I am waiting for UE to get their new 62725's in (inventory at 0 with Chapter 11) and will be replacing this one at that time.

Tom

sean007
Unregistered guest
Tom,

Do you use cable card? I spoke woth a 3rd party Mits repair and they said that Cable Card could be one problem. Another potential problem is how you surf your TV, the remote control could send "so much" information that it lock up your TV. He recommend to use the key pad (#) to change cannel instead of UP and Down button.

This morning I had to reset my 52525 (first time) because all of sudden it does not get Closed caption on HD channels. Once reset it fixed it. I use cable Card.

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
Folks

I have had the TV for just couple days....and I see the green glow or the borders on all channels in Standard Cable.

I see some of you have experienced this before....was Mitsu able to fix it ...or I am better of returning the set.

Any help/advice.

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
Folks

I have had the WD-62525 TV for just couple days....and I see the green glow or the borders on all channels in Standard Cable.

I see some of you have experienced this before....was Mitsu able to fix it ...or I am better of returning the set.

Any help/advice.

Anonymous

Just an update. Here is San Antonio I have had my 62525 mits for a couple of months. I have firmware .04 and a cable card. Everything works well. The picture is fantastic! I think this is a great set! My only issue was getting HD to work via a cable card. This whole cable card thing is a bit too leading edge right now and Time Warner in SA doesn't have too much experience yet. HD off the air works just fine. In fact I am using a paper clip as an antenna for my HD--I get about 5 HD channels here in San Antonio.

sean007
Unregistered guest
I use cable card with Time Warner Houston. I be able to get all HD channels (16) including locals - ABC/CBS/NBC and FOX. They from 313-309 they all look great. My issue to date is the problem with Changing Channels with the cable card. I use the UP / Down key alot...and It sometimes lock up for few sec. My Mits reapir guy recomment to get a UPS / line conditioner and use the key pad to change channels instead.

sean007
Unregistered guest
My 52725 reset itself twice in the last 4 days. This morning, after restting itself, I turned it back on and it power off itself. Called Mits 866# and they said it could be the cable card that I'm using. I'm on 4.04 . can it be the cable card ? Or other problem with power supply / circuit board?

Anonymous

Has anyone resolved the "green tint" problem that has been posted from time to time with the WD-62525/725??

Username: Matrikb

Danville, IN

I've got an odd problem with my Mitsu. The TV works great for everything except the HDTV channels coming off the Antenna. After 5-10 minutes on an HD channel the TV shuts itself off and does a system reset. (The antenna signal was strong and PQ outstanding). Also, every now and then when I turn on the TV there is no sound at all, plus it will not tune in any Digital channels off of Antenna. I do a system reset and then it will tune in the digital channels and give me sound.

I called Mitsubishi and asked for the software upgrade (I'm on 4.03), but they didn't think the upgrade would help my problem. They are sending the upgrade to 4.04 anyway just to see what happens. An HH Gregg tech rep also looked at the TV. He said that if the upgrade does not work then they would swap out the electrical chassis.

I should get 4.04 on Monday or Tue. I'll see how it works and post the results later this week.

Anonymous

I resolved the green tint problem by turning off auto color.

I am having an unrelated problem. My screen has a green spot (4"x4") in the middle of the screen that you only see during dark scenes. It appears to be stray light from the bulb. Anyone else have a similar problem.

Username: Omarbec

I purchased my 62" Mitsubishi last December. At first was very disappointed with SD reception (I have dishnetwork), HD looks good, no problem. Seems the more I use it, the better it gets, SD still not what I expected but much better than it was at the beginning. A friend has same TV with comcast cable; in my opinion the dish produces a sharper picture.

weanus
Unregistered guest
One of the gripes that many of us have had is about how slow the channels change with the Up/Down button on the remote. Today I was messing around with the PIP function and I used the PIP channel Up/Down button and was surprised how fast the channels changed. It actually behaves like a normal TV in this mode. To me this indicates a software problem with the TV when viewing in full screen since it seems that viewing in PIP mode would use more system resources and memory if I were to compare the Mits to a computer, which essentially it is.

Any thoughts on this one?

sean007
Unregistered guest
the PIP channel is only for Analog Channel only right? sine they only have 1 HD tuner. I use Cable card and that's all I can get.

sean007
Unregistered guest
the PIP channel is only for Analog Channel only right? sine they only have 1 HD tuner. I use Cable card and that's all I can get.

sean007
Unregistered guest
I have contacted Mits relation dept. and informed them that 4.04 upgrade does not totally eliminate the RESETTING problem.

Has anybody else on this version experiencing the same problem? Mits thought that 4.04 fixes this issue, but it's not.

I think that not too many customers called in becuaes they thought that this is normal ! ( it prints in BOLD in the manual ). Should we accept this?

Danville, IN

Post Number: 3
Update to previous post:
I got the 4.04 upgrade but it did not fix the problem. The Mitsu still shuts itself off when watching a digital channel off the antenna.
The HH Gregg rep has ordered an electrical chassis to swap out, hopefully next Tuesday.
From what I've seen so far, 4.04 behaves the same as 4.03 did on my TV.

Unregistered guest
Sears seems to be the place to get your WD-62525, at $3999/tax, but ebay has it for $3199/$349 SH/tax/"buy-it-now". Any thoughts if its worth going to sears over ebay?

Are there other stores anyone would say are great at service?

What about Pauls (local OC store in la habra), its $4299 for set alone?

Any good questions to ask the sales people about the WD-62525/75, like for service, upgrades, delivery, warranties, replacements, green, tilt issues, reseting, and other issues?

Thank you

sean007
Unregistered guest
Matthew,

Do you use Cable Card? I don't think this has anything to do with it. I have reported the problem AGAIN to Mits !

Bronze Member
Username: Erikelvis

Post Number: 12
Does anyone know if there is something special I need to do to get the X-box to play 1080i on the TV? I set it up with component cables and changed the setting on the X-box but for some reason the TV is still running 480i.

Thanks

Anonymous

I'm not sure if this is a Mits issue, program issue or no issue at all, but lately when I've been watching my 62525 I've been noticing that the tv channel logos as well as football scores etc, seem to be off of the viewing area. Is this just a format change I need to do or the way the program is aired?

Unregistered guest
Purchased the WD-62525 from Best Buy in West Des Moines on 1/29/05 and am extremely happy with it. I set it up to recieve HD through antenna and was astonished by the quality of Off the Air Broadcasts, especially when compared to analog.

After a couple days though I was no longer able to tune in Digital Stations. The TV would display that the channel was off air or currently unavailable, but analog reception remained OK. At first I thought the issue was related to reception (I use an old indoor antenna) so I went and bought a new HDTV optimized indoor antenna. Analog quality improved drastically, but channel memorization still wouldn't pick up digital.

After reading this forum I thought I should try a system reset. After the reset I ran channel memorization on ANT-1 and the digital channels were back!

Just wanted to post this in case someone else ran into a similar issue. I noticed a lot of dicussion about the firmware, and I currently have V 4.03. If anyone had a similar problem and the firmware update to 4.04 fixed it please let me know. This issue is an inconvenience, but I can just reset the system, so I'll live with it.

Danville, IN

Post Number: 4
Jarred,
I have the same problem (and other problems!) with my Mitsu. The system reset only works temporarily for me, then the TV will again refuse to tune in the digitals. That is, if the TV hasn't already turned itself off while watching an HD program, which is my main problem.
I was on V4.03, so Mitsu sent me the V4.04 software, but it did not help anything.
An HH Gregg tech is supposed to come by this afternoon to swap out the electrical chassis. He was supposed to do that last week, but he forgot to bring the new elec components with him :-O

I'll let you know if this solves the problem.

Danville, IN

Post Number: 5
Sean,
No cable card. I'm on Dish.

Unregistered guest
I bought my WD-62825 the day after Christmas and, fortunately, haven't experienced but one of the issues posted--the picture occasionally jumbles when changing channels. Other than that the picture is perfect, almost 3D on HDTV, through the cable box and the HDMI DVD is awesome. Can't wait for Super Bowl!

I do have a good power filter.

Purchased at Tweeter Home Theater. Software version: V26++005.02

sean007
Unregistered guest
Dr_Don,

it's a trade off...you WILL get better picture through cable card , due to direct input and this is a fact. I had cable box but now switch to cable card. However, with cable card will also you will experience occasional Channel lockups / delays because you are using the internal HD Tuner, which is not as great as an outside box.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Cable and Cablecard sucks! The picture will never be better than a sat signal for most people. The technology is flawed. Lock-ups and resets are occuring repeatedly. Failed software releases are pointing to a "firmware" problem. Not good folks!

Danville, IN

Post Number: 6
Another Update, Thursday noon:
I took Thursday off to wait for TV tech, and I got a chance to watch the tv more than I have in past.
I did notice that the TV would not shut itself off as often since upgrading from V4.03 to V4.04.
What it did instead is the picture would freeze up for half a minute while watching digital OTA channels then it would come back.
It still had the problem with not tuning in any digital OTA channels periodically. Reset would bring them back temporarily.
V4.04 changed the behavior but did not fix the problem.
As with V4.03, tv worked great for watching off the DVD player and Dish satellite. Problem is just OTA on Antenna 1.

OK. Friday morning:
The technician came by late yesterday and swapped out the electrical chassis and things are going great so far.
I left the TV on all night on a digital channel and the TV actually stayed on without doing a reset or anything.
Also, the problem with it not wanting to tune into digital OTA channels seems to have been fixed.
The picture is not suffering the freeze-frame effect either. Software is V4.04.
Looks like I get to watch the Super Bowl in high def after all!

This was covered under warranty (I've had the TV less than a month), but he showed me the invoice, and the
electrical chassis cost $1,100.
He said the Mitsu has 3 main components, the outside frame that we see, the Lamp chassis, and the
Electrical chassis which has the video boards, HD tuner and whatnot.

Dr_Don
Unregistered guest
Sean007,

I opted for the cable box as I watch a fair amount of PPV which isn't available with a card.

Also, for the record, I am extremely happy with my Diamond Series. Of course, I paid a month's salary for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us