Device: Not Detected

RXZ
I have a problem with Extreme HU and can't seem not to get rid of "Device: Not Detected" error on the bottom. I have tried many things & still haven't got it to work. I am using Mikobu III, M6.2.

RXZ
A solution I thought of is that I flashed my Mikobu III, M6.2 and it comes pre-flashed. I flashed it trying to correct a problem only to realize it is something else. According to sites you should not flash at all & I realize this too late. If this is the problem what do I need to do to correct it?

6.2 flash works with winex and ul4s works with extreme hu and the card goes in white side up on a mik111

RXZ
I still have my problem but I have been thinking. I have notice when I try to flash it never seem to work. So up to this point I assume it has been flashed. Another way to view my problem is I keep getting the following error along with the Device: NOT DETECTED...

ERROR: No Programmer Found On COM1:
Check settings and connections.

So how do I get rid of this error?

RXZ
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help but some odd reason the ATMEL:m6.2 came back. Now I am having some INVALID ATR problems with 00 & no looping problem. I am using Windows ME, Mikobu 3 M6.2 (Green), Hu 5B card & I am using the one with Serial connection not USB.

Username: C500hp

Post Number: 2
RXZ, I'm getting the exact problem as you. I tried flashing the mikIII but even that didn't work. Extreme HU does not recognize COM1 and device not found. But COM1 is working fine in device manager. What's the fix. Appreciate any feedback.

Anonymous

I am also getting Device: NOT DETECTED in HU3.5a.
Tried to reflash the ATMEL with M6.2 and I get an error message "Error: Device is not connected." when i try to flash using the m6.2.exe flash utilty. I am flashing in windows 98.
thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Hi,I got the same problem like everyone here. My com1 is "ready" but beside it it says "error no programmer found on COM1". My t911 is plugged in to. My loader was working fine for 7 months and now it decides all of a sudden to stop. Can somebody please help?!

ebox
Unregistered guest
are you guys actually going into the settings and double checking that the com port selected in HU eXtreme is set to com1. Are you checking that your loaders are connected via your serial cable to com 1 on your computers? In windows go into device manager and check that your com ports have not present, enabled and have no problems or conflicts!

some loaders have dip switches, i.e. flash mode switches have to be 1 and 5 on all others off. Programming HU card is 2 and 5 or 2 and 4. Not all loaders are the same. double check what your settings on your loaders should be.

Username: Robcampos

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with Extreme HU and can't seem not to get rid of "Device: Not Detected" error on the bottom. I have tried many things & still haven't got it to work. I am using Mikobu III, M6.2

RXZ
Unregistered guest
Back with another problem but with my card this time. Anyway, how I corrected my problem that it was my OS & I figured that out when I used Extreme HU on my Aunt's computer that was Windows 98. This is after reading some sites & probably here as well that Windows ME is not a good OS to work with. So the problem maybe your OS unless you are using Windows 98 then my advice is useless to you.

Anonymous

What operating system are you guys using the Mikobu on? M6.2 will not work with any other op other than Win 98/ME. If you using XP, flash to UL4S.

Anonymous

I tried to flash to ul4s but it does it so quick and my mikobu is still giving me the device not detected.

Username: Joeyp6

I have tried to change the dip switches on this thing and I still get the no programmer found but com 1 is ready
can some one please help

Unregistered guest
I see from reading this post I am not the only one witha problem trying to flash a Mikobu III. I have tried to flash it with UL4S but have not been successful. I keep getting device not detected. Somewhere in my research I read that certain software can actually cause your COM port to stay open causing this problem. Any input or suggestions on how to correct this. The OS I'm using is XP. Any help you could give would be great

Unregistered guest
i have a t911 with a serial cable and a power suply. my problem is that Extreme HU is not detecting my t911 i try flashing it milion of way i just started with this i need some hellp pliss help me some2

janet travis
Unregistered guest
I am getting device not detected with my detonator II. I read I should flash it.
How do I do that?

thefixer
Unregistered guest
Try ending hotsync or any other program that might be running in the background that may be hogging a port.. it worked for me.

Username: Joeyp6

Post Number: 3
To thefixer this has nothing to todo with those programs hogging the port I tried a different unit from a friend and his unit works on my computer ( my T911 is defected)

thefixer
Unregistered guest
Eddie, sorry for your hardware failure but hopefully the previous post may cure other problems that are software related which I think are usually 98.9% of the time. Sure hope you get the T911 fixed.
Anyone else out there, let me know if enabling the Task Manager, then "ending process" of a PalmPilot sync software or any com related programs solve any problems (i.e. Hotsync for PalmPilot etc.)

Good luck, Tom eh
OOOOOOOOOOOH it's cold up here baby!

P.S. Can't fix the hardware failure.. sorry.

Username: Bluez

Post Number: 8
dip switches are set to 1 and 5 on for flashing and 1,2 and 5 on for loading and unlooping
post email and i will send you a program to detect what com port u are using or its a port setting thing

sidperry
Unregistered guest
can you use p4 cards with mikobu 3 m6.2

Username: Sgarza23

Bluez can you send me the program to detect what com port I'm using. I am having the same problem as many of these people. I setup my Mikobu III m6.2 and at first the device was detected. Then I started having computer problems. I ended up having to reformat my computer at the advise of a tech and since, I get the message device: Not detected. Support said I may need to reflash the loader, but everytime I try I get a DOS popup that says device not active, I've even tried it with a boot disk. Can you help me. I'm so frustrated at this point. It is connected through a serial port and I'm running Me.

Savvy Sistah
Unregistered guest
I'm getting the same error message. I am running Windows 98, with an Absolute loader. It worked for several months. Now it is saying the same error message, device not detected.....and you know the rest. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

04Rev
Unregistered guest
I just hooked up my T911 and "error 429" is coming up along with Com1 not rcognized. Can some body please help?

mila bee
Unregistered guest
i'm having the same trouble as everyone else. my quetion is, hoq do i perform this 'flash' action?

Anonymous

My Mikobu III 6.2 has all of a sudden given me a "Device: Not Detected" in Windows XP. I have tried everything, the power to the unit is green, I have reloaded XP, and still no good. The thing has worked flawlessly for 7-8 months until now...
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks...sm

Anonymous

I just began using hu but i can't seem to get it to work can someone help me through the procedure?

Username: Sgarza23

I got my device connected and everything seems fine with the connections. I selected card>clean and got a message saying please insert card, I did and that message never goes away. Any ideas? Also, I tried to flash the Mikobu III M6.2 and in DOS it says Device not connected. It shows device connected in Extreme HU.

Username: 6565

For those having T911 problems.I took my cover off and put a little preasure on the black connctor box and had success.I was not getting a good conection.I just put a piece of rubber foam under the cover and that was all I needed.

Anonymous

is there a good site for usb drivers for my Mikobu III usb . my laptop w/ windows XP doesn't even pickup the loader and also where can get the ULAS flash for it

Anonymous

My T911 works and my program works but when i try to view all I get is a message saying please insert valid card. Any advice

Unregistered guest
I have been reading as much as possible...As I gather from you guys, this Mikobu 3 is just stuck on "Device not found" and can not be fixed. I am using Windows 2000, is this my problem? I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, and went to every help site out there and I am still in the same spot...out of money and time. Is there any fixes for this device not found nightmare?!!

jhon
Unregistered guest
i cant install hu 3.5 i get error 339

MARIO YEP
Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP WITH MY MIKOBE III. IT KEEPS ON SAYING DEVICE NOT DETECTED AND I CHECKED MY COM PORT AND IT'S RUNNING FINE.CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

Anonymous

My loader is detected on com 2 , but when I insert the card players faced down , I try to check the card and it says insert card? in extreme it has nothing by amtel code:

confused

mm
Unregistered guest
wondering if RXZ got the problem of Device not detected solved? If so please share as I'm getting the same message?

Anonymous

I had the same problem with mikobu III, device not detected when I try to flash, it can not open port com 2 ? Why is it trying to open port com 2 ? Can anybody help ?

Username: Biggie

I too am having trouble w/the T911. I flashed it already and the atmel shows up blank? Why isnt the loader excepting the flash?

Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP WITH MY ABSOLUTE USB 1 PREMIER EDITION. IT KEEPS ON SAYING DEVICE NOT DETECTED AND I CHECKED MY COM PORT AND IT'S RUNNING FINE. AND I AM USING WIN 98, CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM?????? PLEASE E-MAIL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

shagmire
Unregistered guest
i too am having a prob with my loader. i'm using a stealth 4 with dips 1 and 5 on. i have tried various flashes. i do get device detected, but when i do any I/O operation, i get a red ERROR: DEVICE NOT DETECTED in the message area. when i use a dos program to flash, i also get DEVICE NOT DETECTED at the bottom. any help will be appreciated.

BOB RTHRTHWRTH
Unregistered guest
hey for the device not detected i go to control panel,system,hardware,device manager,ports(COM&LPT)communications port(COM1)Top of page hit driver ,uninstall restart and you are in business it happens to me all the time i got an aftershok wiyh Windows XP

Unregistered guest
How can I get rid of "device Not Detected" error

Unregistered guest
Bluez can u send me the program pleze

Bronze Member
Username: Bluez

Post Number: 28
here it is
application/octet-streamcom checker
Rs232.exe (11.8 k)

Unregistered guest
Thanx you bluez i hope this can fix my problem

Unregistered guest
I am having trouble with my hu loader my device is alredy detected but now its say: ERROR: v5.0 not supported can anyone who had this similar problem please help me.

coogs gerin
Unregistered guest
hello,
i have a device with only labled COBALT series MK-II. it is an uncovered circuit board with and atmel chip (AT90S2313-4SC), four dip switches, and card slot. can anyone give me information on this device? or even an idea where to start to find out. thank you.

coogs

bttyboop10251
Unregistered guest
I need help....I am running XP on my system, and have tried 3 different loaders and am still getting the message DEVICE NOT DETECED, I have been working on this for about 2 weeks....I know I am not the only one but I have tired the suggestions above by going to the control panel and it is still not working......can someone give me some help....please

teribble trouble
Unregistered guest
anyone have schematics for j-tek unlooper? any info on cobalt series unlooper?any help appreciated.

Anonymous

getting device not detected on com1 check settings and connections T911 loader
can anyone help

Anonymous

I had same problem with my mikobu III 6.2, I went to device manager and deleted both com ports then restart computer , problem was fixed.

I am using win2k, also keep you programer power on when you restart

good luck

cryingshame
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can download the drivers for Absolute 1 Premier Edition??

Any help would be appreciated
Michelle

Unregistered guest
Hello, direct to home television broadcasting has started recently in india. It is called "DISHTV". There is no availability of any card programmer like Mikobu3 etc. here in India. Can any one from CANADA or USA help me send this product from their country against payment for that product.If cannot send, please show me the way to import it from USA or Canada. I will be always thankfull for this kind act.my e-mail id is(knavin88@yahoo.com). thanks.

Username: Lokesh

Patna, Bihar India

please help me purchasing one mikobu3 programmer. I am from INDIA and we do not get these products here.please help me know how can i import one from USA or CANADA.IS it possible for any one to send it for me against the payment of that particular product.contact at my e-mail id.(knavin88@yahoo.com). Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Need help please. Running xp Unit seem to be detected fine on comm3, yet I put card in the correct way, when I proceed with an any operation I get a large pop up to insert a card (the pop up is the one that shows a picture of a loader and card)

MrTwobit
Unregistered guest
Does the Xtreme HU Ultra go by any other name? I'll be #$%$^#$ if I can find any documentation about it. godss isn't very helpful. I've been reading in forums for 3 weeks and can't find anything. Device Not Detected. ExtemeHU 3.5a w/support files w/vbrun6. USBtoSerial/Com4 AND Serial Cable/Com1&Com2. Tried every dip combo possible. Tried various power supplies from 5v to 12v. Get a green LED on all of them. ATMEL says use 2.7 to 6v on the 2313. Tried the advice here. Tried KKFlash:device not connected. Any help appreciated. OH, almost forgot. Tried this on 5 separate systems/ Win98se & Win XP home.

Username: Giovanni

Bronx, Nyc Usa

Post Number: 5
1-purchasing one mikobu3 programmer
2-problem with my mikobu III 6.2
3-getting device not detected
4-device not detected when I try to flash,

GO TO ------>>http://www.Mikobu.org

Help
Unregistered guest
Need help! I'm running win xp pro. I have a extreme hu sure shot.Com1-failure and device not detected comes up on extreme hu 3.5a. Under settings it is on com1. Under device manager it is on com1 and working fine??? Any suggestions!

minime
Unregistered guest
how do i set my switches? i have 6

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a usb absolute 1 preimer and my notebook is not recognizing it please help me....please email me with your comments...

Unregistered guest
Hi gang can anyone help me or let me know whats going on with my Hu loader....I keep trying to unloop my card but I keep getting a "DEVICE NOT DETECTED? message at the bottom of my Extreme Hu screen everytime I try to perform an I/O operation (note my Hu loader was working fine before) it has just started to act up recently.
Do you think the Hu loader is shot or are my connections bad or something any help or suggestions are appreciated

Bronx, Nyc Usa

Post Number: 6
Extremehu
supportfilesv3.zip

This is the Extreme HU support files, you will need to install this file
before install Extreme HU 3.5a. If you do not install this file, you will
experience "Active X" error message.
Please download it from: http://www.dssshareware.com/files.htm

Bronx, Nyc Usa

Post Number: 7
please please.
If you are using WinXP and want to flash your programmer under the DOS-MODE.create a boot disk.

http://www.Mikobu.org on support
Latest Mikobu III flash code(Require Win98/Me operating system)

baffled
Unregistered guest
Hello all,

OS is XP Pro

I came here with a "device not detected" error. Things had been working then a couple days ago did not. I scoured high and low for a solution. Today I decided to check the dip switches.

Powered the unit off and flipped switch 4 to the off position from what seemd to be a middle position. Powered up. Extreme Hu saw the device -Relief! Loaded winexplorer and ran a script to clean and reload. All is back to normal. I don't know what brand name my blue serial loader is. It has no logo.

I encourage anyone who had a loader working and then it stopped to check the dip switches. In retrospect I conclude it is simple to dislodge a dip switch as I had inadvertently done.

Cheers!

Unregistered guest
I have the Extreme HU 3.5 T911 and on the bottom I 'am getting device not detected in red color. It aslo says to error chek settings and connection. What can I do to correct my problem. Please help.

Username: R6danl

I GOT IT!!! THIS IS THE FIX!! Here you go fellas! I have been going through all this crap that you all have been going through. I have winxp pro and mikobu 3. I got "Device Not Detected" every time I tried anything until this time. I have the serial adapter with ps2 power source. I recently installed a printer program from HP's website which cause the computer to install another printer so I uninstalled all the programs related to the printer from the "Add/Remove Programs" list and then double checked under "Start, Settings, Printers". I then uninstalled com1 and com2 in the device manager. I then restarted the computer and went into the bios and checked and made sure the com port settings were set to "3f8" for com1 and "2f8" for com2. Then shut down the computer. Then I plugged in the Mikobu on com1 with the ps2 power in the mouse port. Then I booted regularly. When it booted I went to the device manager and disabled com2 (which reinstalled itself along with com1 automatically) and tried extreme hu and whala!!!! Its working beautifully and my friend had the same problem and he is fixed now as well so if any of you have any more questions just let me know and I will be glad to help you out. GOOD LUCK FELLAS!

Bronx, Nyc Usa

Post Number: 9
getting device not detected If you are using Mikobu111 all you need --->ExtremeHUSupportV3

Username: R6danl

not true....thats not the answer for everyones questions...maybe a few but definitely not all.

sam1234567890
Unregistered guest
i had that problem with device not detected this is how i got it to work.go into device manager and uninstall your com ports all of them. restart your computer with the device plugged into one of you ports .if it says not detected change your port in extreme hu to 2 or 3

Unregistered guest
I tried to flash my Mikobu III usb with The Flash software it came with and guess what? It is now dead as a hammer. I have tried a hundred diff exe files. I dont think that you can flash it. IF ANYONE knows how I would pay them to tell me.

Username: Mardel

I have a t-911 usb and device manager is giving me an error of "this device cannot start (code 10) I'm running windows 2000. any ideas

Johnthenewbie
Unregistered guest
I have a similar problem as the other posts in this group, but I think different. I have a Detonator-XP, when I open Extreme HU the display along the bottom, says 'Device: Detected', so
I think I am OK, but when I try to read the card it comes back with the Error: no programmer found on COM1. Is it a problem with COM1 or with the loader ? Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us