New Dish Network HD Boxes?

I just recently purchased the 70" Sony LCD HDTV, and I looked around on Dish Network's site but couldn't find an HD Receiver *with* PVR, but they have a link to a "Superdish" setup but no info. Reading around in here, I see some people referring to a "900" series HD box from Dish but I can't find any info regarding that, either.

Anyone know what the scoop is? Are there 2 new boxes? Just 1? Any idea when they're coming out? Is the "Superdish" one dish that takes the place of the 2 Dish now requires for HD programming?

TIA...

MD
Unregistered guest
Dish has 2 new HD Receivers on the market, the 811 and the 921 HDPVR. I just installed the 811 $149 with 1 year agreemnet for the HD Package. With both you do not need the superdish if you are already recieving HD content. Call Dish and ask what your options are, they were very helpful.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I just bought a 52" Sony HD tv and I already has dish network. I was looking for a HD receiver from DISH but they are too expensive to buy. Is there a way to get the receiver cheaper?

Anonymous

Hi,

If you're still looking/waiting for Dish - PVR version of 921 is out (~ 1000) but 811 (non-PVR) can be had as a new user for ~ $ 49 - got mine with 522 (dual tuner/dual PVR) & 2 yr agreement. Advantage, minimal cost (except committment) & they maintain (since pretty new tech - better than investing in units, I know I "bought" JVC HDRU100 aka 5000, ~ 700 and never really able to utilize). Seriously HD PVR bit overated since only about 5-7 channels exist (via Dish) in HD and I don't think it will do OTA. When we have 30-50 programing channels, then I might consider. PS HD is terrific, but my Sony (WE610) is pretty damn good on regular movie channels in wide-zoom and the 522 PVR is as good as most of my DVD's.

Unregistered guest
Ive been trying to get an 811 receiver from Dish network for the last three months. Everytime they set up a delivery date and promise they have one they cancel or just do not show up. When I call they tell me they are out of 811's. I have now lost 2 days pay waiting for the installer and they have canceled on me six times already. Does anyone know where I can get one ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us