BRAVO D1 OR SAMSUNG HD931

Anonymous
V BRAVO D1 AND SAMSUNG HD931, CAN YOU REALLY GET HDTV PICTURE FROM ANY OF THESE DVD-PLAYERS? I'D CHECKED A FEW ON LINE STORES FOR PRICES AND INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCTS, BUT I WISH SOME BODY CAN TELL ME HOW GOOD DO THEY WORK. I KNOW THAT "BEST BUY" STORE HAS THE HD931 IN $299.00 BUT, FEW ON LINE SITES OFFERED THE SAMSUNG AT $270.00 , OR $259.00 EVEN LITTLE LESS, DOES THIS MEANS, THE PRICES ARE DROOPIN' CAUSE' OF THE BAD QUALITY. SOMEBODY????

I have been looking at the same two units myself. As nearly as I can tell, the Samsung is far superior to the Bravo, using the Feroudja chipset. It is also apparently much better made; I have seen the Bravo described as "tinny."

They both put out a picture "scaled" to high definition 720p or 1080i, but they will only be an improvement if their scaler is better than the one in your HDTV itself, or the HDTV oonverter. I am going to buy the Samsung to drive my Mitsu 73713 television, but wish the Samsung had an input so that I could upconvert other 480i signals with it, and I wish it would play SACDs, but I guess you cannot have everything.

You might want to read the review of the Samsung in the November issue of Sound & Vision.

SlaveUnit
Unregistered guest
Ralph...I have read a LOT of reviews on both systems and I have heard the exact opposite. In EVERY SINGLE article the Bravo D1 is rated much higher than the Samsung.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us