Mitsu- VS-5004R sporadic loss of picture--please help?

Username: Squeezebox

Post Number: 1
Heya. I could really use everyone's expertise with a very frustrating problem. I have recently acquired a Mitsubishi VS-5004R 50" rear-projection television (long out of warranty) and it functions absolutely perfectly except that whenever it's in the mood the picture will just turn off but the sound will remain on with no change. A second or two after the picture shuts off I see the blue, green, and red vertical bands through the middle of the screen (one band of each color) and then they fade out. To get the picture back I have to turn the TV off and wait anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours. This doesn't happen every time we use the tv; sometimes the TV will run perfectly for hours at a stretch (longest I've had it on to check was five hours). When the picture dies it's very sudden and there are no clicks that accompany it.

Could anyone out there in InterWebLand please spare a few minutes and lend me your expertise? I'd be very grateful. Thank you. :-)

Username: Squeezebox

Post Number: 2
Please? It's already become a household joke that we get to watch television if the televisions decides we've been good boys and girls.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us