IKS risks

Silver Member
Username: Iduknow

Post Number: 148
Anyone knows what are the chances of getting cought by using IKS? In Canada Bev & Rgrs have internet monopoly, if they wanted to get ur IP, they could do it very easily.
Thanks in advance, please be kind!

Bronze Member
Username: Last_supper

Nazerith , Isreal

Post Number: 56
180%

Bronze Member
Username: Wabash

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 98
You're in danger just for asking. In fact, there's someone... right... BEHIND YOU!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10075
iduknow

Do like me and put those providers out of your house then use it.

Username: Grampabob

Post Number: 2
Maybe a rephrase should be HAS anyone been caught yet? dunno.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 432
Out of millions of people here and in Canda, it is not an easy job unless they got the names of people and addresses from sat rec dealers of persons made IKS FTA rec purchases.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10079
You must never buy a FTA receiver with your Credit Card, buy it in a store with false name and don't use a Dn or Bev dish, a motorized dish is very hard to known which satellite you get.

Do not install your Tv to been see in a window or for people who knock to the door.

You can take many precaution, the IP adress is not a good point to accused you in court.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1843
"the IP adress is not a good point to accused you in court. "

That's a statement from a total FOOL

Bronze Member
Username: Scatman

Post Number: 40
I am no lawyer so this is just a guess...

If an IP address is assigned to a person living in an appartment building then I would think proving who actually accessed an IKS server would be very difficult. However, if you live out in the sticks and there are no neighbors within a block or so of your home then the IP activity pretty much points at your home. Now someone with a mobile laptop could pull along side the road of your home and "borrow" your wireless connection but are they connecting to an IKS server while sitting in a car or truck? I seriously doubt it.

Just my .02 worth

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15538
"are they connecting to an IKS server while sitting in a car or truck?"

It would still be a good legal defense.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 525
Plymouth you can watch pirated TV with your curtains wide opened. You cannot, repeat cannot, be condemned by police force watching through your window. This is illegal. They have to come into your house to watch the TV. But that requires a court order.

You can buy anything you want using a credit card on a Web Site. The store never sees you card number. The transaction occurs between the credit card company and you and then the credit card company says to the store YES payment has been made. This is another urban legend. A credit card transaction is bullet proof. The store never sees your card number.

You can have a StarChoice and BEV antenna on your house. This is no proof you are pirating TV. You may just have cancelled your legal subscriptions temporarily or permanently or worse yet, you may have moved into a house that had antennas installed.

A motorized dish is definite proof something fishy goes on in a house....

If you think an IP address cannot get you in court well then tell that to the pedophiles offenders that are getting caught lately...

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10082
Zulu

Please give me one person charged because he use IKS!

In Europe majority of TV hack come from IKS, but the TVers paid for see their TV, the fact of paid for it, is a proof that those guys are illegal, but we never see people charged for it.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10083
The Outer Limits

A motorized dish is for true FTA, I can catch 93W and compared pedophile with pirating TV is very different.

Found me a proof that people are charged with IKS.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1844
Not only can the authorities find you from knowledge of your IP they can read all the things you say here about the equipment you have and how you use it. I have no idea why you wouldn't want to use some discretion about what you say about yourself here or any other forum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
Plymouth another thing that scares me about IKS is that everyone buys hub and once this is widely used and deployed, IKS service providers might well ask for donations or subscriptions to get connected. I am sure about that.

Believe me. With worldwide economy down the drains, those guys must be really hungry for money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
Plymouth says -->Find me a proof that people are charged with IKS.

I say -- once half of the earth use IKS, believe me they will act.

They already kill people sharing music. Think a moment what the will do to TV pirates. Probably kill them and sell their organs for profit !

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse_the

Post Number: 44
outer limits. im not sure where your from. but you have no idea what your talking about. your comment about the police needing a court order to see inside your house if they are looking through an open window. they CAN ARREST and charge you. its whats called PROBABLE CAUSE. just as sitting naked in your window is still indeciet. then they can actually enter your house without a warrent in canada if they can prove probable cause. Just as if they see someone doing lines they would no longer need a warrenty for a search. just a comment. and its easy enough to prove since many of the sat channels have icons that they could have seen from a visit to the usa and know its not avaliable in canada. just a comment

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10084
Zulu

I wait to see the police knock at my door, the only trouble I have, is the usuals bashers on this site.

This site is a open discussion, I think they will search on many underground sites.

The Outer Limits

There is now a site with a new server who provide IKS for NFusion box which is a copy from real server, they can't ask money for very long because the news is provide very fast on Web.

Found me a proof that people are charged with IKS.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3193
every person has their own unique ip address. unless u share a router. this is how u get to ur pc, camera security system, tv, etc from places other than home. It is ur online fingerprint. if ur ip is discovered, u are discovered. ask the kiddie p0rn lovers that get caught... dont know if iks is unsafe or not. i would get one as a last resort prolly, but people use them all day all the time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15540
There are paid services now for a simple owner of a wireless modem to make a few dollars, by allowing people passing in the neighbourhood to use their computer. The way it works is that a traveler buys time from the wholesale provider, who then arranges with many small modem owners to share in the income generated.
Therefore, it is perfectly possible and now probable that your IP address can be used by a unknown traveler if you have joined up the modem sharing service.

The following URL will give people some idea of how prevalent the system is. This one is more about free community access, but there are also paid access points sun by individuals thorugh a prepaid system I described above.

http://w2.eff.org/Infrastructure/Wireless_cellular_radio/wireless_friendly_isp_l ist.html

Silver Member
Username: 360guy

Ottawa, Ont Canada

Post Number: 115
They'll do what Dave did and go after a few high profile prosecutions. They are expensive if you're looking for the BIG$$ penalty because it requires a civil trial aka, time and money. The criminal charges will only be pursued if you have a DA getting elction contros from Charlie or Dave. We Canadians only have to fear some freak politician find a way to make a vote getting issue.

Bronze Member
Username: Minetcalin

Post Number: 45
Plymouth, your credit card privacy is not accurate.

I run 3 sites accepting credit cards and I have access to the card numbers, expiry and cvv as well as the name address city etc ....
When you have your own merchant account, you have that.
I would NEVER purchase a sat box with my credit or even debit card....Better safe then sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Minetcalin

Post Number: 46
BTW, those sites have nothing to do with sat.... One is a hosting sites, others are dvd sites.

Bronze Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 44
buying any fta box is not illegal . using a software to watch free tv is illegal. u are not guilty becuz you buy an fta box. .

Gold Member

Post Number: 3195
who in the world would do that nalin??? community internet sure, but no one would pay in a neighborhood to drive by and use it. lol
if it were a whole neighborhood, all would have to bridge their routers together or u would have to reconnect if moving. people would go to most fast food placs and use it free rather than give thier cc number on a street i some neighborhood. do u even read what u write???

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3119
Nalin is a C/P queen thats still learning

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15548
dantetn: Central Toronto is now covered with wireless hotspots. That means that you can sit with your laptop in central Toronto and fire away with your laptop. When I was living in England in 2004-2005, you could go to some stores and use your laptop with wireless.
In the periphery of GTA (greater Toronto Area) some providers have started to provide wireless hotspot service using private small entrepreneurs. I was approached once about 8 months ago, if I was interested and I said no. If I can find the name of companies that have started to operate, I will post it, but it is a fact that they exist. The income one would make just outside the central Toronto area is about 80-100 per month, just to leave your computer with wireless facilities on all the time. Further out it would be less. I was living just outside the coverage area of Central Toronto, when I had the offer.

The point I am trying to make is that there exist these pay-per-hour companies offering wireless Internet connection and there are people using it and there are small entrepreneurs benefiting from it. When illegal use is made of this, I don't know who would suffer - the wireless signal carrier or the individual?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3197
ok, i totally get that. In a business district. thought u said neighborhood like as in residential. I have set up MANY hotpots here and installed the infrastructure for a 30 mile di ring of wireless. I cat see how anyone could get into trouble using these for illegal activity. I know I could go back and look at all the mac addys that connected to my routers, and givin the times a person used my conection for tis activity... u could get the mac address, but thats it. It could help if the authorities needed it and keep u in the clear. I know a few that go to hotspots to get files.

Post Number: 4
Anyone on this thread running Kbox or nfusion right now?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10097
Yes why?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15551
"neighborhood like as in residential."
That is exactly what I said and meant.
I lived in a purely residential neighbourhood and the company was looking for people in the neighbourhood who would keep their computers on and accept a certain WEP. You have probably not lived in a big city, but in a business district, parking is either too costly or impossible. So people turn into a side street, get into a residential neighbourhood and park.
I myself have done this for parking in Greater London, Greater Toronto, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.

Post Number: 5
I talked with a guy last nite who has nfusion going now with the partial channel list and he's run it for over a year and nobody has been crashing down his door.....he's happy with the TV he's watching now with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Terebichan

Post Number: 52
IKS is a risk in North Korea, China or Berlusconi Italia, but in relative democratics countries the protection around satellite TV is just for enhance the attraction for propaganda message like. Remember the potato field protection was for stimulate population to eat potatoes. ;-)

For my part if a provider will menace my relative liberty, i will ask for politic asylum in Cuba.

End of discussion ;-)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10098
If you use Bell internet with their router, they block the WiFi then you must call for activated it, they ask how computer you have and now they use a wifi router with very low signal (30 feets)who emits horizontally.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10099
GrampaBob

This guy is right!

Post Number: 6
Plymouth, not sure I followed your Bell router reply, can you elaborate that a bit more?

Post Number: 7
Is there any receivers other then kbox and nfusion getting channels currently?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10100
GrampaBob

What you don't understand on my router reply?

You can check on this site to know which receiver work, but any stand alone work for now.

http://currentbins.com/ftafiles/

Viewsat still in test with the N3 file

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10101
Those receiver are up!

CNX, slinger, KBox(Dish only), NFusion(up on both) and Sonicview(freeze on both).

Best for now is NFusion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Now you know why we have been saying IKS is not safe and I always say i won't touch it with a 10' pole. This is just a start people.

Blinky

C&P

It looks like Gee is gunning for IKS dealers (especially SonicView) in the USA.

Some interesting tidbits: his name is JL Gee (Jerry Lee Gee). Why have we been calling him JJ Gee?

He is also a no nonsense ex-US Marine working in intelligence. I think SonicView is going to eat it!

Good luck to SonicView IKS dealers in the USA...good luck to SonicView IKS end users.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10102
karkour kaka

JJGee is a guy who make trouble on all satellites sites.

Read those threads:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/509329.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/510350.html

Silver Member
Username: Iduknow

Post Number: 149
Thanks Plymouth, that first link had a lot of insight from where I stand, I think that I will wait for a more secure/reliable solution to our TV outage.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15556
Were yu looking for this information I found somewhere?

Legal Entity Type: Individual
Country of Citizenship: United States
Phone Number: 386-785-9338
Rick Lawson and jjgee same?

Rick Lawson
2640 Highland Park Rd
Deland, FL 32720
US
Daytime Phone: 3867362601
Email: rick@xpdrivers.info

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1689
Nalin
I called.... 3867362601 there was no answer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
you should place 1 cause it is a long distant call.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us