Connecting PC to 50" Rear Projection LCD Display... Possible?

Username: Drulz

Post Number: 1
While doing research I came across the Sony KF-50WE610 50-IN HDTV Grand Wega rear-projection LCD TV... dot pitch is .155 mm or something like that, which is great for computer use I think... (via the DVI)

SOoo... I began to wonder if I could use this as a computer monitor as well and was curious to know all of your thoughts... The monitor may have to sit back far away on my desk so it's not ON my face... but other than that... ?

Thanks.

Jason

PS If 50 is too big I can also go with the 42" option...

Unregistered guest
I think there is a way with the sony but it isn't supported by Sony. I know several other model of LCD rear projection does come with a computer input...Panasonic comes to mind

Username: Georgiag

Post Number: 2
I can't find the answer to this question anywhere and I've been searching for days. No one knows.

Username: Cluelesspa

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 4
if it has component in you can use a VGA to component converter (like $100) and it will convert. Thats HDTV Analog... you will be limited to the native resolution of the set which is probably 720P or 1020x720 on your PC or the screen will not line up on the TV.

if you have DVI on your computer and DVI on the HDTV you may be able to if the TV supports Digital DVI connect those directly and go digital for HDTV digital.

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased the Sony 50" LCD projection TV (KF-50WE610). It has a DVI-HDTV video input, but in the manual it states "..is not intended for use with personal computers." I purchased the extended warranty, so Im going to give it a try anyway. I will let you know what happens.

Schlepp
Unregistered guest
here's the deluge of info I've found about this situation as I'm also trying to get a PC (Notebooks are even harder) to talk to this TV (groan):

Massive background here - just read the first couple of pages then go to the solutions in the next link ...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321968&perpage=20&high light=1304x734&pagenumber=1

Next link
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3326925#post3326925

and finally, more answers from a fellow named Aborro...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/103815.html

The skinny version is IF you have a DVI output from a recent Nvidia DVI-D video card output, you can get great picture going into the Sony KF-50WE610 (or 620) TV's, but with some overscan.

The problems arise because you have to be able to set your Computer to the same video resolution as the TV's native resolution something like (1386x788).

The above links show the mucking around necessary to make this ideal native resolution actually happen. Moral of the story is, this Sony TV is not setup out of the box to allow a PC to be viewed right out of the box.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us