Samsung DLP HLT5687S - Check Fan No.3

Username: Malaka1234

Post Number: 1
I purchased a 56" Samsung DLP model HLT5687s in September of 2007. That Decemeber I ran into a "Check Fan No. 3" Error. Initially the message would be displayed on the set and then go away. However, it later would constantly be present (even at power on) and the TV would power down shortly thereafter.

I had the TV serviced in which they replaced the DMD board. Problem went away, 6 months later it came back (same symptoms). Had the TV serviced again, this time they replaced the main PCB board. Problem went away, now 6 months later (give or take) the problem is back.

Talking to the service shop, they indicate no fan 3 is present in the set but the fan 3 sensor is on the DMD board. They want to replace the DMD board again. I cant imagine why they think the same course of action will produce different results.

Has anyone heard or experienced this issue? Any ideas as to a resolution? I'm outside my warranty (which Samsung extended by 3 months) by 2 months. Any tips as to how to approach Sasmung?

Username: Speedbump164

Auburn, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I have the same issue with my HL67A750A DLP T.V. The only difference is that it worked fine last night, but when powered on this morining the check fan no. 3 message came up permanently. I timed it and the unit shuts down exactly 5 minutes after intial power on (to protect it from overheating I assume). I bought it only 8 months ago from Best Buy with a 4 year warranty. I accessed the hidden service menu & did a factory reset but no luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us