Samsung HLP6163w replaced Ballast and Lamp...still nothing

Username: Bannas12

Post Number: 1
My tv just shut off one day, it is 3 years old. From what I have gathered...first replace the lamp, which I did. I bought a phillips lamp....still nothing on startup. I purchased a samsung replacement ballast. Tv still acts the same on startup. You can hear the fan, but the bulb is not powering up.I took the ballast and lamp out, checked the color wheel. It is turning, no noise and looks fine. I have re-seated the lamp many times and also used the code mute(menu)1-8-2-power. Still nothing! The lamp light flashes for 10-15 seconds and it shuts down, then restarts.The fan runs, but the lamp is not powering up. If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it! I wonder if the lamp was damaged in shipping? It looks perfectly fine.

ovadoggvo-
I have read many of your post and you are very knowledgeable if you have any information, again it is greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 2
I have checked the ballast with a voltage meter, there is no power going to the ballast. The tv turns on, but the lamp does not fire. Is there an internal power supply? BTW The new and old ballast does not have power.

Post Number: 4
I took the color wheel assmbly apart and turns out, one of the colors shattered. I could not see that from the small hole that the lamp shines into.

Glad to found my problem, hope it helps someone else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us