How to record?

Bronze Member
Username: Legend_killer

Post Number: 91
i have a vcr player set up and have the wire but which go where for me to record a tv show on viewsat plat, please help.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1742
just hook up your "out" cables to the "in" in your vcr and the channel on your vcr will be an input channel....ie.....L1, L2,or vid1, vid2, etc....it's usually the channels before channel 2. or on your vcr remote just hit the input button. Hope that helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
there's line 1, line 2 etc, there's audio and there's in (from ANT).

"line in 1" and "line 2", but those are like where u input red, yellow, white wires, these line inputs are both red though. and theres "In, from ANT" and "Out, to tv", those are for cables.

where does the out cable coming from? the tv or receiver?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i tried it, vcr set on L1 and i tried both output from tv and reciver to input on the VCR, and no luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Jinnspeed

Post Number: 35
Just make it simple.

1. Attach the Audio/Video cable to the receiver and attach the other end to the "Audio video in" on the receiver.

2. Now you have to connect the VCR to the TV. You can again use the audio/Video cable. Which i think is the best option. Once done you can play some video on the vcr and make sure you can see and hear it.

3. Now just keep on changing the channels on the vcr until you get the correct channel. The channel should be before the channel 1.

I hope it will help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
If you can only hear and not able to view the the picture, the only reason is that your TV might be set on S-video cable make sure it is not set to S-viseo cable. Otherwise you have to use the S-viseo cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
You can use the cable to make connection between VCR and TV.

Cable from VCR out to TV in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
What? I'm really sorry.

I have the Audio L, and R (Red and black wire for audio) already in the receiver and the other end also goes in the receiver like u said in #1?, but it's in the tv in out R and L, if i take em out i get no sound.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7060
Ali

red,white,yellow from receiver to VCR "in"(L1) and VCR "out" to TV

Yellow: video
white: Left Audio
Red: Right Audio

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
i dont have those wires, i have the red and black for audio, and using the high resolution wire for video which gives better pic.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7062
OK you use RGB output
Use this cable
take only 1 of 3 and use receiver yellow output to VCR yellow input(L1)
Anyway your VCR can't provide better picture.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
ya thanks a tons got the recording thing working after taking everything out and plugging in my yellow, red, white wires.

but plymouth my picture has been fairly better after i got the component video cable in the video 2.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 7064
You are Welcome Ali

""but plymouth my picture has been fairly better after i got the components video cable in the video 2.""

Video 2 is on your TV?

If it is on TV for sure the componant give best picture but for recordind it is the best way.

Some new TV have Video outpout which you can hook your VCR or DVD Recorder.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
ya i have video 2, its a toshiba hdtv lol, lucky me.

but like u said for recording it is the best way, how would i do that since theres no yellow, red, white wires and using the component cable.

its there along with colourstream hd 1 and 2 and what not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us