PUFFERS not working?

Username: Pat_bateman

Post Number: 6
Nalin, Plymouth? any other suggestions besides this failed attempt with 204????
by the way.... Thanks for the Info....

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13901
DO NOT LOAD LATEST 204

WOTHOUT DELETING ALL CHANNELS FIRST,

AND RESETTING.

Username: Pat_bateman

Post Number: 7
Nalin, so, do I have to access the menue and select default settings or factory something? but is is working?
or do I have to do that with the software?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13908
Go through Menu and delete all channels.
Then do System default through menu.
Then switch off and 40 seconds later switch on. A successful system reset will still retain the latest BIN installed (system info) but will show system time as 01/01/2006 Mountain time.

These are early days for the full EMU BINs. It took 3-4 full EMU BINs on 3500 before major problems cleared. For the 2700s (and for PUFF BINs derived from it), we started with a disastrous 201, a buggy 202 and a reasonably good 203. Now we are at 204 and more bugs might show up. The current bug is mostly related to channel list area in 299 to 201, then 203 to 301, then back from 301 to 203, and now from 301 to 204. If you are upgrading from 203 to 204, you are not likely to run into problems, but better be safe than sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Jkmago

Post Number: 257
I have Messed up and How to do Jtag and reload what BOOTS and bins for PUFFS.

Can you please explain again what all do I need to make it working?

Thanks,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13910
Jogi: I have replied to you elsewhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
Thanks Nalin

I am trying and will report

Thanks

Username: Pepsi007

Post Number: 1
I have loaded the bin 204 without resetting and now only F is coming on receiver display

Username: Pepsi007

Post Number: 2
Pl. help thanks Nalin in adavance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13912
Install Puff_203v2 or Puff_301 and then go through the proper procedure of deleting channels and resetting before installing PUFF_204

Bronze Member
Username: Somokano

Post Number: 36
i am stuck wity F too after deletting all channels what should i do nalin please help me

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
Thanks Nalin

Infact trying to do load PUFF204 I messed up. But somehow loaeded B60, 294T, PUFF 253 and Puff 203 V2. It looks good.
Thanks so much for the help.

Nalin , Can you confirm as Someone saying following

Background: The PUFF bins are nearing the upper limits of the memory capacity of the 2500 boxes. That means that boxes that have the couple of extra bits of memory available work ok with the new 204 Bin but most converted boxes get stuck on"F" simply because there's not enough memory available to run the processes.

A working solution: The best known way of clearing all the junk for the memory is to reconvert to PUFF. Therefore, after my box got stuck of "F" a couple of times, I ran the PUFF 1.0.1 conversion once again to clear the memory as best as I could and then reloaded the new 204PUFF Bin and the box rebooted all the way to "ON".

I then loaded my saved channel list using Channel Master and am back to watching TV.

Free TVers can wait for a new improved Bin if the want but you testers out there can get cracking and try this solution on your own boxes and report back on this thread if possible.

Link http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=74823

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Just need two bins

UKR Flash fix and Fwank 204 PUFF

First run UKR Flashfix and wait for PUFF to appear and then switch off and switch on and hit write as soon as p appears and wait for On to appear,
do antenna setting and Blind scan

Cheers!

Silver Member
Username: Jaye50

Post Number: 154
if you're going to take it upon yourself to give instructions....make them clear.....according to your instructions....you have us loading the ukr flash fix twice....your instructions totally leave out the part about switching to the fwank 204 puff bin....

you've got people here that have limited knowledge of these recievers.....and follow these instructions to the letter....

again....if you're going to take it upon yourself to give instructions.....you need to make sure that you're precise....or you run the risk of jacking up someones' box....

i'm pretty sure you'd be pissed if someone else was responsible for jacking up yours....

just a thought.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us