Load procedure for New PUFF 201

Silver Member
Username: Jkmago

Post Number: 238
While you have PUFF299, do factory reset before loading. This will delete all channels.

And now how to load new PUFF bin:

Load V201_Full_EMU once you see complete and the box start rebooting switch power off as soon as when you see the first 'P'.. and do not wait for on and channel number to appear.

Hook up to TV and power on...
Do dist set up
and do blind scan

Enjoy !

Silver Member
Username: Sparky41701

Chavies, Ky Usa

Post Number: 118
is this for the 2500 to 2700 or is it for the 2700A im kinda confused i loaded the bin from future fta and it doesnt work on the 2700A

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
This for those who have 2500/2700 but using PUFF

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
This for those who have Converted 2500/2700 and using PUFF

Bronze Member
Username: Aryan

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 88
where is the file in discussion??/

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13520
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/534535.html

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1521
Not my work. Credit goes to user Craz:

Ok.. its getting really confusing for some of the members here, and I am amazed how most do not truely search before posting.. sooo.. with this said.. read over this post first before posting about the PUFF EMU. It may have your answer here...

1) Issue: Rolling PUFF - In redneck terms.. this means PUFF just keeps scrolling across the screen.. over and over again. RESOLUTION: Fire up your loader, and reload the EMU PUFF file of your desire. DO NOT DO anything to the receiver, and just click WRITE BIN. Now.. PAY ATTENTION -- If your sat receiver is NOT connected to your TV, then wait for the bin to complete writing. This means, when you see a pop up that says WRITE COMPLETE, and your computer goes "BONG", then reach behind your receiver and hit the power switch to OFF. Now take the receiver to your TV and connect it up the way you would if you really wanted to watch some po*rn. Once connected, turn your receiver on. The rolling PUFF should not happen, and the box should go to ON. If you turn the box back off again, guess what... its going to ROLL PUFF again. Get the idea yet ?

Now.. this part is not for those that had to reconnect everything, but in fact have their lappy connected to their receiver while their receiver is connected to their TV and sat drop. Its easy... just load the bin as you would any other bin. NO NEED to shut off the box at all.. just load it and leave the box alone. Again, once the write is complete, you CAN NOT hit the power switch in the back of the box. It will start rolling again.

Now.. to answer the question about turning off the box using the remote. YES.. you can do this and all is well.

2) Issue: NO SIGNAL AFTER LOADING THE PUFF EMU - Ok. Ask yourself one question. Which file did you use? I tested this theory also. The UKR bin (without SW21) will give you a NO SIGNAL issue. The RESOLUTION: load Fwank's file or load the UKR bin for SW21. Seems to work, do not know why with the UKR, maybe file name issue is incorrect or what not.. no clue, but it works.

3) Issue: After LOAD, CHANNELS DO NOT DISPLAY or DOES NOT A/R - Redneck form again... You loaded the bin file, but when the channel trys to come up, all you see is the channel info, that keeps coming in and out. You do not get scrambled channel, or anything. Just the channel information. RESOLUTION: Also tested on my end: Do a factory reset using your remote, reload the bin file again using ISSUE #1 as your guide, reset sat settings, conduct a blind scan, and vualaa.. all should be working again.

I will update this post as I see more questions coming up.

But please all.. first search and read ALL posts about this issue. All your answers are here, and I personally have read all, and even tested all... even though mine is working fine. Take your time and read over each sentence thoroughly. Read it, perform it in your head, then actually read it again while you actually do the changes you wish to do. Weird thing is, its not much different than loading a new bin as normal. Everyone has just been skipping over a few steps that should be done EVERY time you load a new bin. Fwank has said it time and time again, he does a factory reset EVERY time he tests a new bin. No shortcuts on this one.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13527
PUFF_201 full EMU for FLU/2500 Conversion to 2700
Full kits for Latest conversion BINs and other files - also for Revert to 2500

PUFF_201 full EMU version
b75_201 for conversions is not available yet

[link removed]

Download and unzip into separate directory.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Please note that the latest PUFF_V201 has a problem with the loading.
After the BIN gets loaded, as it tries to reboot and the first P appears, turn off the switch at the back, and then take it to where you will use it, connect it turn it on and never turn it off again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us