Samsung hlr5067w 50" dlp wont turn on

Username: Mxxmikexx

Post Number: 1
heres the scenerio. when the set is off the standby/temp indicator on the power button is lit. when you press the power button the lamp light blinks once, then the temp/standby light blinks once, then the lamp light will continually blink. the bulb is lit in the back and its super bright so im sure the bulb isnt the problem. after a minute of the lamp light flashing the set will eventually shut off. usually when this happens it will eventually turn on and work after cycling the set on and off, except this time its been like this for over 2 days now, and I can't get the set to come on. Now i have noticed when it is dark in the room, while the lamp indicator lite is blinking, you can see a vary faint "glow" to the picture screen, if this helps troubleshoot anything?

So far I have confirmed that the color wheel is working.

I've confirmed that the bulb is lit.

I've confirmed that the switch on the back access door for the lamp service door is working properly.

I've confirmed that the thermostat mounted to the bulb housing works.

So what is the next likely culprit on this piece of garbage that is only 2.5 years old?

(BTW, when it won't turn on like this, the cheezy power on "chime" doesnt sound anymore for the power on or power off)

I am fairly technically savvy when it comes to repairing/troubleshooting so i am willing to try anything at this point!

Username: Wixxx

Post Number: 1
Hi Mike. I have the exact same problem with my Samsung HL-R5067W 50".Did you ever workout what the problem was by any chance.When mine works it works fine but it is getting difficult to turn on at times.I would really appreciate it if you could let me know either way.
Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us