Username: Bouttep

Post Number: 73
can i play both DN & BEV on the same receiver i have 3 dishes

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 652
Sure you can ...

all ya need to do is have a dedicated LNB aimed correctly on a dish to the satellite/s you want (Bev and/or DN)...

cable them to a switch, and from switch to the receiver...

then input "anntenna/dish" settings into the receiver, telling it what LNB's are aimed at which satellites and which ports are used at switch...

upload the most current file for your receiver from your PC...

then scan the satellites using the receiver menu and remote and then...

in receiver, set the date and time, and let the guide (EPG) populate and get the info...

then reboot the receiver off/on using rear switch...

then watch TV..

You will receive whatever channels that are on the satellite you aimed at and scanned..Current files.bins are "coded" for BOTH DN and BEV signals and have an Autoroll feature to input the most current keys that DN and Bev require, and are using..

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2991
very good post

justforhaha's
Silver Member

Post Number: 652

Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 01:59 pm: Edit Post
Sure you can ...

all ya need to do is have a dedicated LNB aimed correctly on a dish to the satellite/s you want (Bev and/or DN)...

cable them to a switch, and from switch to the receiver...

then input "anntenna/dish" settings into the receiver, telling it what LNB's are aimed at which satellites and which ports are used at switch...

upload the most current file for your receiver from your PC...

then scan the satellites using the receiver menu and remote and then...

in receiver, set the date and time, and let the guide (EPG) populate and get the info...

then reboot the receiver off/on using rear switch...

then watch TV..

You will receive whatever channels that are on the satellite you aimed at and scanned..Current files.bins are "coded" for BOTH DN and BEV signals and have an Autoroll feature to input the most current keys that DN and Bev require, and are using..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
justforhaha's so the same bin is good for both DN & BEV

Silver Member

Post Number: 653
Yes...

Current files/bins are "coded" for BOTH DN and BEV signals and have an Autoroll feature to input the most current keys that DN and Bev require, and are using..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
thank you ! justforhaha's . one more thing where would i find the latest channel list with all local channels for both DN & BEV i have a sonicview 4000

Thanks again for all your help

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2995
go to www.lyngsatdotcom

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
This site here has a listing of every satellite that Dishnet (DN) uses and what channels are on each satellite..

www.dishuser.com

Performing SCANS with your receiver captures all the local channels and everthing that is available in your particular area...Both DN and Bev, if you have an LNB aimed at them, as I mentioned above..

Bronze Member
Username: Muhhamad_loves_6yo

Post Number: 66
You have to be specific , is the question for the pedophile nalin or the rock star nalin bin nadia

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12394
Three standard LNBs to two DisEqC switches for two receivers. You can mix DN and BEV Dishes to the switches

application/mswordUpload
Three standard dual LNBs.doc (26.6 k)

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4914
Very good post Nalin

Generic LNB are the best

Username: Nyd_us

Post Number: 1
Plymouth what do you know you 2 bit frenchfry

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12395
False Nalin Nyda posting again.
Ignore him.

Nalin Nyda
Username: Nyd_us

Post Number: 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
how can i split the signal into 4 receivers

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Thats what switches are for...The switch type you need will depend on the LNB types you have and how many LNB's, either Legacy or Dish Pro (clearly marked on the LNB's)

for example...3 Dish Pro LNB's to 4 receivers = DP 34 switch

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12402
If you have Dish pro LNBs use a DP44 with a power insert - Not a DP34. Overall you will be happy you did that and you can go to 4 LNBs.

If you have standard LNBs, and starting our afresh, use a 4 to 4 spliting switch. If you want to do it on a budjet using standard LNBs and you already have some equipment in place use the diagram I posted above and add amplified splitters at each LNB output and create two more DisEqC inputs for two more receivers.
This kind of exercise is worthwhile only if you adding to an existing system.

DP34 and particularly DP44 may not work well with some non DP LNBs

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 222
DishPro switches are used with DishPro LNBs. Period.

Non-DP LNBs, Dish/Bev "Legacy" LNBs or DTV style require a multiswitch to provide more than 2 receiver outputs from a dual LNB.

With this type of multiswitch, you connect each LNB output from a dual LNB to the switch. Each LNB output is then dedicated to a specific polarity/voltage. 13v gives the right-hand polarity (usually referred to as V or vertical, although not technically correct in the case of circular LNBs) while the 18v give left-hand (usually likewise referred to as H or horizontal).

Since only 1 polarity can be accessed in the coax at one time using standard LNBs, this is why you should not use a "splitter". Splitters are used for cable TV mostly, where all channels are present in the coax all the time; in that case (cable TV) you can split the signal as much as you want, with enough power being present (may need an inline amplifier).

Standard LNBs, however, require a voltage selected multiswitch because of the reason given above. A dual LNB can be fitted with one 3x4 multiswitch, for example, to give 4 outputs to 4 receivers, or to 4 diseqc switches.

Two LNBs can use a special multiswitch called a 4x4, where again both outputs from standard LNBs are connected to the 4 input ports on the switch, and 4 outputs are present to 4 receivers. This type of switch will use 22khz signal also to select between the 2 LNBs.

DN Legacy switch called SW44 is of basically the same hookup, for 2 LNBs to up to 4 receivers, but uses SW pulse rather than 22khz to select the LNB.

You cannot, or should not, connect 4 standard LNBs to ANY type of 4in-4out switch. Period.

Username: Daniel_tx

Post Number: 4
Nadin Nyla, I didn't use my Pansat2700a for last 10 months.Can you tell me what files do I need to load to receiver? and which sites I can get all files? Thank you so much for helping.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12411
Daniel d New member
answered in a separate thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us