HD Receiver Help

Bronze Member
Username: Rockets08

Post Number: 11
I need some help on making a choice for a HD receiver. Are there any models which have:

1. The 8psk module built in
2. Able to perform blind scan
3. Has a good support
4. Can handle Nagra3 requirements

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 582
You're dreaming now...Nobody with HD can handle N3 now, because its nots fully released..

All receivers have various scans..

Most have decent support...

Most HD owners will tell ya the Sonicview 8000 is far superior to all the others...but people here who don't own one will argue about that, but what do they know if they never used one or any HD receiver..

The SV 8000 is rated #1 amongst all HD owners...

You will have to buy a seperate 8psk to add on to get DN channels, but a few dealers will install them for ya, but they shouldn't be doing that...its NOT that hard at all to install, and easy instructions are posted everywhere.

Bev HD will appear without the 8psk..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4822
Buy the best new receiver Viewsat MaxHD with SK200 add module ready for TurboHD

MaxHD 329$
SK200 60$

Don't listen hahaha, he is a Soniview reseller

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Will these units SonicView 8000hd, Viewsat MaxHD or CaptiveWorks 4000hd be equipped to handle N3 or will these receivers go to waste after full N3 conversion? Where are the instructions to install the 8psk or sk200?

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
First of all the MaxHD do not all have the 8psk installed..it is an add on for most..

Both the Captiveworks and MaxHD are very new ( released 1-2 weeks ago) and have not had time to be tested, or get the bugs out...

There is no way to know if ANY receiver can handle N3 , because N3 is NOT fully implemented in the data stream yet...possibly, no receiver will work!

All reputable sites have the sk200 add on instructions, in fact I posted them here with pictures , so use the SEARCH feature here..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12351
N3 has nothing to do with individual FTA receivers as of now.
N3 encryption is only available on DN/BELL supplied receivers through subscription.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4829
MaxHD is in test and all report give that it work very fine.

Surely if N3 is braked the MaxHD will be one of the first.

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
as nalin stated...

N3 has nothing to do with individual FTA receivers as of now.
N3 encryption is only available on DN/BELL supplied receivers through subscription.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4830
As Plymouth stated...

MaxHD is in test and all report give that it work very fine.

Surely if N3 is braked the MaxHD will be one of the first.

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 118
ply mouth eat what come out of bum bum...chit chit

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4832
Ken my next receiver will be Vs MaxHD the best picture of all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
What's the difference between 8psk and sk200, do you need one or both to access either DN HD/Turbo HD? Is cw-4000hd the only receiver with built in 8psk?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4848
8-PSK (8-Phase Shift Keying) and SK-200(shift keying)are the same thing, the difference is the capacity.

Cw and Vs are built-in 8-Psk, but for read TurboHD MaxHD need (add VS-module)SK-200 for Cw i dont have info.

Those receiver can get DVB HD and Bev HD in 1080i, add module can get 1080P(TurboHD)

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
The sk 200 is an 8psk...

and the Max does NOT have built in 8psk...its an ADD ON!

Viewsat SK200 Modulation Board

Original Viewsat Max HD 8Psk Module upgrade kit. No technical skills required for installation, easy one-step assembly.
Note: This is not the clone 8psk board that many other dealers are selling. By obtaining a knock-off, your receiver will continuously overheat and eventually will seize to operate. Our 8psk adapters are warrantied to perform as advertised and guaranteed to be 100% authentic.

plymouth, I suggest you do some reading before you post...AGAIN you post BOGUS info!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Does regular DN HD and TurboHD require different equipment (add-ons, etc)? The only receiver to get TurboHD is MaxHD??? Do these receivers (cw, sv, vs) support both 1080i and 1080p?

Silver Member

Post Number: 620
They are all the same regarding Turbo HD and this 1080 issue....there is nothing different about this MaxHD or any other HD receiver..

The Max HD is just a cheap version of the Viewsat 9000 that has just been discontinued, because Viewsat couldn't fix all the problems they had with it..

Trust me, the Sonicview 8000 is the best , by far, of all HD receivers..and I'm do NOT sell any receivers and am not associated with the selling of any particular brand receiver..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
For sonicview, don't you need to buy the 8psk module and sub-board?

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/351162.html

Are there any side by side comparisons for picture quality on these hd recievers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
With any HD receiver...you need to buy a 8psk add on module to get Dishnet, otherwise you can only get Bev..no other boards or anything is needed..yes many sites have comparisons, and all show the exact same thing...sonicview has most options and best of it all...I gave you all the info I can..if you don't trust me , then go use google and get more info at other sites..

BTW...you cannot post pictures or any attachments large enough here to see a comparison chart..

Good luck to ya...don't say I didn't advise ya correctly, as you will find out...

BTW...with nagra 3 here on bev, and smaller footprint...and DN swappring to nagra 3, this is NOT the best time to be buying an HD receiver...personally I'd wait and see what happens with nagra 3,,,and in meantime if I wanted a great non HD receiver, I'd purchase a Conaxsat Mini or a Sonicview Premier , both for about $135...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
With cw4000hd, its 8psk is built in. It seems to be the only one. Can you refer me to these sites so I can see the comparisons including the chart you mentioned?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4852
Ken
Sonicview are not able to get 1080p, only Viewsat and Captiveworks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
DN uses mpeg-4, does cw4000hd support that? I prefer to have pvr and now seem to be limited to this and the expensive viewsat 9000hd since sonicview as plymouth mentions doesn't support 1080p.

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
VS 9000 has been discontinued..

Plymouth is full of crap..do whatever ya want..

Silver Member

Post Number: 641
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information. This site is also being monitored constantly by DN officials disguised as members, such as Nalin and other aliases..

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites BELOW!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

FTA View
[link removed] (all receivers)
Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed] ( Conaxsat and all receivers)
FTA Bins
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
FTA For All
[link removed] (Captain and all others)

Cut and Paste these into your browser:
REMOVE the * in links below: These are the larger sites,and therefore Ecoustics has blocked their names and active links..

[link removed]
[link removed]

Best TV Guide site
www.sharpc.com

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4873
Only Viewsat and Captiveworks can get 1080p(non IKS) for now

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12370
Plymouth is a good helper here.
This justforhaha is a discarded Mod from another site and has come to this forum specifically to disrupt it.
She specializes in bashing the best posters at this site.

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 904
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12376
This justforhaha is a discarded Mod from another site and has come to this forum specifically to disrupt it.

Bronze Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 78
Nalin who are you talking to?
Can you tell there no one here is listening to you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12382

Silver Member

Post Number: 906
keep pushing up that post count Nalin Nyda

Some people seem to think it makes you smarter :-)

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1373
When she started she was just trying to catch up to LK. If im not mistaken she drove LK away 4262 1/2 posts ago. Most of the other good helpers left about 6000 posts ago.

Silver Member

Post Number: 909

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4882
Looking For Moderators [New Community]
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:08:10 AM »

I am looking for moderators who can help one of my forum communities, www.crazyfta. There are around 16 members, so far, from which 4 or 5 are the staff members. I want to make that community very popular and earn revenue from there. Right now, we're not really paying our staff members, because to give some money, we need to earn some money. That community isn't making any money, but there are currently 2 advertisements there. If you're interested in joining the staff at www.crazyfta, please do the following:

- Visit www.crazyfta and register on the forums.
- Send a private message to this user, Yosanth, saying that you would like to be a mod.

After they add you to their list, you'll have to:

- promote the community
- keep the community safe & clean
- block all the spammers
- daily update the community

A lot of members there gave very good feedback and they all have big hopes for that community. Please help us by joining the staff. Once we're all set and earn good revenue, we'll pay our staff members via PayPal.

Here is a good reason for bash other sites

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
why are you spaming Plymutt ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Back to the question at hand, disregarding the nonsense, will cw4000hd support mpeg-4?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4891
Yes Ken it support - QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM
# Display Resolution

* 1080P
* 1080i
* 720P
* 480P
* Standard definiton

« Previous Thread Next Thread »