Warning to Viewsat Owners!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
Warning to Viewsat Owners!!!

It seems that Echostar is playing hardball with Viewsat now and going after end users. If you have a defective Viewsat, DO NOT send it back to Viewsat. They may be trying to get personal information. We will post more updates as we get them.

Quote:

On September 17, 2008, the Court convened a Settlement Conference in the above entitled action. Appearing were Mark Hamer, Esq., Chad Hagan, Esq., JJ Gee and Rob Frankel, client representatives on behalf of plaintiffs; David R. Clark, Esq., Manny Delacerra, Esq., Jung Kwak and Rob Rhine, client representatives on behalf of defendants.

The Court and counsel followed up on the settlement process discussed at the Early Neutral Evaluation Conference. There was also discussion about the preservation of evidence allegedly supporting the plaintiff's claims and defendant's defenses. While counsel work on a formal permanent
preservation plan, the Court imposes the following interim plan:

1. Starting September 22, 2008, defendant will preserve the chip from all of the units returned to defendant for repair or warranty work which are accompanied by a check in the approximate amount of $50.00. Defendant will assign a tracking number to each of these chips and record the unit's serial number and the date of receipt for later transmission to plaintiffs. Defendant will also record the information associated with the person(s) or other entity that has returned the unit for the subject work.

The production of that information will be dealt with by the Court at some future date;

2. By October 6, 2008, defendants will provide a report to plaintiff's counsel regarding the
chips collected and plaintiff may proceed to purchase any or all of those at $23.00 per
unit for forensic testing; and

3. The Court and counsel will review of the progress of this interim plan, and counsel's
efforts to come up with a permanent preservation plan, at a telephonic Case Management
Conference set for October 24, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. Plaintiff's counsel will initiate the
call.

In the interim, counsel have leave to take a Rule 30(b)6 deposition of defendant's representative
with regard to repair and warranty return protocols. No later than Monday, September 22, 2008,
plaintiff's counsel will provide defendants with the Rule30(b)6 deposition notice describing the
specific areas of inquiry involved. As this deposition is limited in scope and relates to the issue of
preservation of evidence, it is excluded from the limit of ten depositions aside under the Federal Rules.
Counsel are also required to conduct their Rule 26(f) conference and submit their joint discovery
plan by October 24, 2008. At the next conference, the Court will confirm a date for initial disclosures,
and set further dates and deadlines as appropriate.

IT IS SO ORDERED.
Be careful, people!!!

For More Info Vist http://www.pirategods.com/private/forum/showthread.php?t=6587

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4077
Same problem with all Brand receivers
Not new

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11769
McSunny: I was not able to find this using Google

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
Wutsup Nalin, good to see ya
its not on google its a court order thats been c/p from court.. thats you cant find it on google

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I have never heard of anyone being successfully prosecuted in the US for signal theft off a satellite or any other over the air scrambled transmission system.

I been pirating various things since the late 70's and helping others do the same. I've seen BS in the media where a lot of threats were made. In Indiana a bunch of thugs hired by Spectrum went around threatening people who had homebrew microwave receivers and were receiving HBO which was being broadcast from the top of an Indianapolis bank building. They bullying people to turn their equipment over to them acting like cops. They tried that on my dad and he and his friend Mr.Colt AR-15 politely told them to get of his property. They threatened legal action but nothing came of it. Spectrum just pulled the plug on the whole project.

Ran into similar stuff with TMC in California a few years later. They were broadcasting on a TV UHF channel. Feds shut them down.

C-Band was a constant war for many years. Some dummies submitted to equipment confiscated after being threatened with lawsuits but the ones including me that told them to "Go fornicate themselves." never got sued and even if I did they would have to prove I'm pirating their signal.

Canada is a different story. Major police state there. The US is slowly following their lead.

My policy is keep your non-ionizing radiation off my property and I won't beat off to your skin flicks!

Happy Hackin!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11771
Many forums have had far more details abut this case than Ecoustics. Yet I find it strange that none of these have reported this very significant piece of news.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
go to satscams shiit loads of info is there about viewsat....satscams has over 1000 pages about viewsat and court

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
This "settlement" temp court order is posted all over the internet at all respectable/reputable FTA sites...thats why you don't know about it or anything nalin...you don't use reputable sites!

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
And plymouth, this is NEW, and ONLY specific to Viewsat owners/users and company...No court has ordered ANY other companies to turn over personal info regarding receivers and their owners!

You and nalin should pull your head out of your azzes!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11774
justforhaha's: Idiot, newbie. Don't fault me about doing Internet search. If it is posted all over, why in hell did you not post one URL.
I know you will post it at your 1-2 sites and falsify the date. Give me the URLs where it is posted at sites independent of your meddlesome self.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
i didn't mean to start anything here guys, just sharing this info here...sorry if i did...Sorry Nalin i got u in this

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11775
McSunny: You meant well. I was trying to get some verification when this meddler intervened.

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
Here's a site and thread where it was posted 8 hours ago!...one of many sites!

[link removed]

and heres another site and thread that posted this..
[link removed]

and heres another site...
http://www.satscams.c*om/forum/showthread.php?p=133723#post133723

nalin..I think theres NO need to embarass you any further!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4078
LK give me a court link, a paper news, not a rumor not found.

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
I did, read it, court document!...READ before you post!...You're making a fool of yourself like nalin did....

You wannabees just can't sit back and read and do NOTHING, then bash others who do post good info (like court document attached), and then expect for you to have any respect or credibility from sensible people here!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4080
Hey old idiot with his Kid, this is a discussion, i only asked a thrue link not a rumor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
hey stupid plymouth...You were provided a link to an official signed court order...this is NOT a rumor ya retard!...now STFU and pull your head out of your azz again..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11785
justforhaha's AKA LK: You are the most idiotic person.

You posted three links.

**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
Here is the result of one
[link removed]
Holstein912
FTAVIEW - New User

**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--

YOU ARE THE THE MOST PERSISTENT
LIER IN THIS FORUM.

Go and take a dive in largo key and stay down. When at least a dozen reputable site have reason to beleive your propaganda then I will take notice.

YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
stupid nalin...the threads and .pdf court order posted in them speak for themselves, NOT who posted it...and each thread (including mcSunny's here) is a direct copy verbatum of the court order...you're the idiot!...pull your head out of plymouth's azz and vice versa..

Silver Member

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 160
By keeping their head in each others @ss, it keeps their ears warm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4081
Hey old idiot with his Kid, this is a discussion, i only asked a thrue link not a rumor.

And jjgee with LK aka haahaahahahah,,,, which reference

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11788
justforhaha's: You said: <i>"This "settlement" temp court order is posted all over the internet at all respectable/reputable FTA sites..."

You qouted three sites and two were false leads and the third was your own fraudulent site.

IDIOT!! You will not get by me with your falsehoods and scare mongering.

As I said earlier - YOU are the idiot LK who cannot leave this forum and will do anything to get back.
WE DON'T WANT YOU AND WE DON'T NEED YOU.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256
Plymouth what do you think of LK?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4082
LK is the Idiot Winner with his Aka nickname, racist winner, spamming winner, C/P winner

Nalin is one of the best helper here

Silver Member

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 161
Plymouth, there are times you should just keep quite, when you open your mouth bout things you know nothing about, you make yourself look foolish.

Nobody has to help you do it, you do it all by yourself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
I been away from this site and dowloading bins to my colsat because i have a tree in front of my apartment and i dont get to use my DN in the summer. but now fall is here and the leaves are falling im getting a better reception. i seen that there is a BIN file from 7/15/08 and i was wondering if that file was still active or is there a newer one.

ty

Gold Member

Post Number: 4083
I know much more than you rat

Gold Member

Post Number: 1257
I think your very smart Plymouth. Even if you don't know the answer you do your best to find out. You could not ask for a better helper than that. Keep up the good work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4084
Thanks Greg

And Lol for the correction of your post 1256
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us