Viewsat problem with 110W - pls help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Hello,
I have two satellite dishes - one facing 61.5 and the other 110. Couple of weeks back the 110W satellite is showing no signal and cannot see any channels on that satellite. I changed the port of the DiseqC but no change. Now the setting for 110W in my Viewsat ultra(USB) shows Echostar (10,11).I am sure it was earlier showing Echostar 8,10.
Can anyone help with what is happening here and what is the remedy for this? Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hey guys..anyone knows how to set this up? pls help. thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11753
DN is down. Wait for the new BINs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Nalin,
The issue has been even before DN went down this evening. I have been getting 61.5 and all the desi channels.Only the 110W is an issue. Shows me Echostar (10,11) 110w. Can you help with the issue? Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11757
Echo 8,10 is now renamed 10/11 but its longitude is still 110W.
When the new BIN comes, load it, and do a Blind scan. At present you can't do much except watch a DVD or play chess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks Nalin for the info. I will do the Blind scan with the new bin and then update this thread. thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Nalin - I did the blind scan but still no luck. If it helps, I have Echostar 10,11 on port 4. The S is in the 70's but Q signal is 0. When I try one of the channels on this satellite it says "Searching Signal". I am on Viewsat Ultra. Any suggestions on why I am not getting any of the PPV/English channels?

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4087
ekoneuno
Do a factory default then reload latest bin and do a blind scan for each satellites you have.
If it not work reply and i give you a answer tommorrow

Gold Member

Post Number: 2060
I BELEIVE DOING BLIND SCAN WITH the viewsat is not suggested. first do what playmouth said. and make sure that your switch is not burned. if u change the port without turning the unit off from the back you may burn the ports. my ultra never said echo(10,11) . should say echo8(11OW). NOT 10 NOT 11 .

Gold Member

Post Number: 4088
Cartier1
Blind scan is use one time only for add new Tp, next time he can use autoscan.

For Echo (10,11) on mine i see again 6,8 but Lynsgsat give 10,11, that can be changed depend where he take is bin file.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11805
Echo 8,6 became echo 8,10 and is now Echo 10,11. It is still at 110W.

110W at port 4. That is a bit unusual. Most people put it at port 2 and sometimes at port 1. Physically check if it is at port 4. On many DisEqC switches, the output pot is in the middle on one side and adjacent to this, one oneach side is Port 1 and port 4.

Echo 3 is often at port 3 and you are getting it.

Some of the latest BINs have DiseqC 1.0 with ports 1,2,3,4 and "none". They also have 1.1 with ports 1 to 15 and None.
Usually you use DisEaC 1.0.

Finally, as Cartier 1 suggested, you might have burnt out DisEqC, which would default to port 1. A change of switch should solve this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Now I am getting a few channels on 110 (like fox movies, actionmax etc.) but no PPV. My 110W was at port 3 earlier but changed to port 4. DiseqC is 1.0 with ports 1,2,3,4 and none. the 61.5 is on port 2. How do I know if I have burned the DiseqC switch? I am still getting both Echo 3 and very few channels on Echo 10,11.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11813
If you have a DN LNB, you may have conflict of ports.
Connect the cable from Dish that is pointing to 61.5 to port 3 or 4
Connect the cable from Dish that is pointing to 110 to port 2 or 1.
Delete the channels.
Make appropriate changes in the Antenna setup and do blind scans on each sat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4095
ekoneuno
Check if you receive only Vertical channels, if yes try a new cable from LNB to switch.
Be sure you select Standard LNB and LNB Type 11250

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I will change the port - 61.5 to port 3 or 4 and 110 to port 2 or 1.
Also How do I check if I am getting only vertical channels?
LNB is Standard and type is 11250.

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
Reverse the cables at the switch ports for the 110 and 61.5, and make the changes in your receiver settings..

see what happens, but I think no changes will happen....I don't think you have a bad switch port, cause they usually either work or don't...I believe you should just get a new cable from the LNB to the switch AND a new switch ($5)..this eliminates ANY possible cable and switch problem and saves ya much headaches and time., and you wouldn't be getting ANY 110 channels now (if the switch port was bad but could get some channels with a defective cable)...I tend to side with plymouth on this one..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11819
You have two Dishes and two LNBs - please check both LNBs - what is written on them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
nalin...it doesn't matter whats written on them if using a disque switch, and you input the correct LNB type in the receiver settings...whether its a Dish Pro or Legacy, it doesn't matter with a disque..so your post is useless.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11823
justforhaha's: It does matter to me. You are a newbie and don't know the implications. so let the person reply to my questions and
STOP INTERFERING.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us