Vizio 56" DLP any good?

Username: Blitzpb

Post Number: 3
Costco is having a sale on the 56" Vizio. They want 2899 for it and it is on their floor. I have never heard of Vizio but the price is hard to beat! Costco is also known for their really good "bring it back at any time and we'll give you a refund" return policy. Therefore, I dont think there is much risk in it. I would still like to hear others opinions.

-Nick

Unregistered guest
Nick I am looking at the same thing but I am not sure that the quality is as good as the Sony 61" dlp. One thing that I notice is the new hd2 technology which is a benefit. I hope that we get some more input. The reg price for this unit is 2999-Don't be misled by the 3299 reg price. Alvin

petems
Unregistered guest
I am also looking at the Vizio at Costco. The picture looks like the Gateway 56inch but some of the specs look different. I'm going to look into it because the gateway is now down to $2500. I wonder if Vizio makes Gateways? Or is it the other way around?

Anonymous

They have a special offer between 7/5 - 7/11 seeling the 56" for $2600. I am just searching to see if anyone knows anything about this brand and this specific model...

Anonymous

I just found out that this comes with HD2 contrast of 1000:1 where as the new HD3 models are
1500:1 and the HD2+ models will be 2500:1. There will be a DLP released by
Samsung in November using the new xHD3 chip from TI. That chip will be the
first DLP to provide 1920x1280 resolution, plus it will support 3000:1
contrast. This will come at a price premium though.

codeit99
Unregistered guest
is it worth waiting for a new model that has the the dlp chip? i have been thinking of buying the vizio 56 inch..

Gancho
Unregistered guest
I have decided to jump on this model at Costco. DLP chips and processors are pretty much single source so, the differences are in the other features. This model meets my needs and offers a few features some other models do not. My local expert tells me the changes in the November released DLP sets (next generation) will offer very slightly improved color and some minor improvements in processing. Current model prices are already falling and offer the better value if you want a great set and don't have to have the latest and greatest of everything. The only time I can get all the features I want for the price I want to pay is when the next generation of sets is introduced. This set is all I need, at a price I want to pay, from a retailer that will offer what no other retailer will.
56-inch DLP + $2599.00 + Costco + Sunday Ticket = SOLD......

Anonymous

I have decided to wait till next year; I have a large TV already and I really want a TIVO or similar technology that allows me to record HD (Dish seem to have something but it is not clear what it provides). I would like to stay around 3K for the TV so I probably have to wait till about this time nxt year to get a unit that can play 1080 native versus 720 which one would get from HD2. The contrast is also important for where I need the TV which is a large room with big windows and I do not want to draw the curtains :-)

Unregistered guest
Gancho,

Have you picked up the set yet?

I'd be interested in hearing a review.

I looked at the Vizio 56" today @ Costco. It has an awesome picture.

Tks

Username: Mrock

Post Number: 1
just bought one from CostCo after waiting for 6 months. I couldn't stand it anymore, with the sale Costco was having, plus the discount, and a couple of cables later the picture quality is very pleasing. I am thinking about building a computer to act as my central entertainment system. Has anyone used Microsoft XP Media Cetner?

Anonymous

Just bought one from CostCo after waiting for 6 months. I couldn't stand it anymore, with the sale Costco was having, plus the discount, and a couple of cables later the picture quality is very pleasing. I am thinking about building a computer to act as my central entertainment system. Has anyone used Microsoft XP Media Cetner?

marks
Unregistered guest
I did buy the Vizio from costco and man, it has the best picture and great brithtness. However, I did buy a warranty just in case.

Anonymous

did you buy your extended warranty from Costco?

Tynus
Unregistered guest
I purchased the Vizio 56" about 10 days ago. Great picture, the inputs are a plus. I haven't hooked it up to surround sound yet but have really noticed the fan noise.

Anonymous

re, marks statement, "However, I did buy a warranty just in case." I refer you to Costco's return policy.

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=10045070&cat=601 3

Just in case there's any confusion this means 100% satisfaction or ALL your money happily returned. Computers are limited to a 6 month return policy.

justin-vegas
Unregistered guest
I picked up this Vizio from Costco 2 days ago. So far, it looks great and I have no complaints. Comporable TV's are $3500-$4500 and I paid $2500 after a $100 rebate. I was not offered an extended warranty, marks - where did you get the warranty?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us