Suggestions for what equipment to buy needed

Username: Flyingdoggyjake

Post Number: 1
Hello folks,

I'm completely new to Satellite TV and am looking to get all the equipment I need to get set up. I have no idea about even the basics as to what I'm gonna need. I live in Canada and am hoping to get set up for around $300 to $400 if that's possible. Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Vova_putin

Post Number: 50
You can call dish network or Direct TV both will come out and install it for you and set it up for less than that.... if you have good credit they will probably do it for free.
Otherwise, things being what they are, I suggest to other members not to add to this right now...

Post Number: 2
Thanks, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. You see, several months ago (almost a year) I asked a guy at work who gets all the hockey games for free from satellite what I would need to do the same. He wrote down a list of equipment that I would need. The list was as follows:

Viewsat - Free to Air
Receiver (comes with memory stick)
2 dishes
Switch
Cables & wiring

Then he put these notes:
- files are on computer - transfer them to memory stick and plug into back of viewsat.

I guess what I'm wondering is this equipment still good (ie. viewsat), or have things changed?

As well, I'm not sure what and how to transfer the files from memory stick to viewsat... any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Post Number: 3
Vlad wrote: I suggest to other members not to add to this right now

... now everyone thinks I'm a cop or some kind of satellite police guy and nobody's gonna help me out here.

The truth is I'm a health care worker who just got married and got a bunch of wedding money and I am looking to go and set myself up with a big screen TV and Satellite tomorrow, but I don't know what stuff is the best to buy or how to do it. Even links pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us