Combining Home Surveillance with DISH NETWORK.

Bronze Member
Username: Smokey847

Post Number: 47
Ok. So here's the low down... There is one side of my house that there are absolutely NO windows on. This also happens to be where the driveway is. So, it is quite annoying whenever someone pulls up because there is no way to tell who it is. So, I figured that a good solution would be home surveillance. Don't ask me where it came from, but I found a HOMELAND security camera in the cabinets up at our local business. The brand is HOMELAND SECURITY CAMERAS and the model number is 00875. Since I know absolutely nothing about security cameras, I'll post the features listed on the box:

-WEATHER RESISTANT
-BUILT IN MIC
-INFARED SENSORS
-60' RCA CABLE
-UL POWER SUPPLY
-PLUG & PLAY CAPABILITIES

I probably would not go through with this unless it is a DIY project. I don't want this camera to record footage or anything, but I would just like to be able to turn on a television when someone pulls up to see who it is. So, here goes the tricky part: I am extremely maticulous and will have absolutely NO wires showing anywhere. Is there any way to wirelessly broadcast the camera's signal? I was thinking that it could be run through an RF converter and to an antenna; therefore, it would revert the signal back to broadcast through the antenna. If this could be done, it would then be broadcasted a short area where I could turn a television on 3 or 4 and see the picture. Am I stupid? Is this impossible? Comments are appreciated! Our house has DISH NETWORK, and I was also curious if it could somehow be wired into the outside DISH box that splits the satellite signal to go to different rooms. I know I probably sound crazy, but you can't blame me for brainstorming to make it as nice as possible.

More info on security camera:

On one end of the 60' cord, it has a connection that goes into the back of the camera. On the other end, it has a connection for the power adapter and RCA connections.

I made a post here a while back. I have no idea where it is. I was asking what a diplexer was. Someone made some kind of post regarding backwards routing the diplexer to broadcast through an antenna. Any truth behind this??

Thanks so much for any input at all!

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1288
60' RCA CABLE is baseband not rf so yu'll havta run it alone

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Explain please.

Username: Similarevil

Post Number: 8
what he means is that the signal from the source, is not modulated (ie. like old game systems, theres no channel 3 or 4) its typicaly refered to as a composite output or input... you can get inline dyplexers and a stand alone modulator, and combine the signals, althought its the expensive way to go...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Yeah. I think I could probably figure out the whole converting back to coax deal. My challenge is getting it wirelessly broadcasted or wired into dish somehow... Any thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us