Stalite internet

Bronze Member
Username: Kenroy

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 33
is is possible to access the internet through my satalite dish...if so...plz expound...

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1283
no

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10833
In Canada Bell is offering a wireless service - one type where they install a special receiver on your roof or wall to give you a wireless service in many remote areas, and a better 3MB service without any receiver except their $80 wireless modem. This last one is available in 110 cities for $55/month. similar to this is offered by Rogers cables at a speed of 1.5mb. In fact I inquired with them yesterday and they assured me that they do not have higher speed wireless service available or planned in the near future.
I see a 7mb speed "nowires" service being advertised, but they have not responded to my phone calls.

I would expect that there are similar offerings in America

Bronze Member
Username: Pdee333

Post Number: 47
Nalin, You actually phoned to the source to verify information. You're amazing. Perhaps Greg aka LK, aka whatever other multiple names "it" uses, should follow your lead, before "it" spreads rumours and misleading information here.

I really appreciate your diligence

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10836
brian: correction - I was in a mall and was waiting for my daughter to come and pick me up. she was not due for another 15 minutes, so I wandered into the Rogers shop to check out why the difference of speed in their offering compared to Bell. The shop assistant called somewhere and confirmed that Rogers cable was not planning to offer the better speed in near future.

if you go to bell.ca and rogers.ca, you can confirm what I just wrote. And yes, I am planning to discard my land service in favour of wireless because if it costs nearly the same for a 4MB or more then I think it is better to have the wireless service. Then when I am visiting relatives, I do not want to rely on their desktop computer without a wireless router which incidentally is often in use by a kid playing games! Better if I could just connect in any North American city using my laptop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us