New receiver question

Bronze Member
Username: Vick0901

Post Number: 32
So I'm planning on getting a 2nd receiver, but I was told that I need a switch which splits the signal to different rooms.

I was quoted 50.00 for the switch, 70.00 receiver (Captive works 600s premium) and 40 for installation. Is he ripping me off one that switch thingy or anything else? Btw i'm in mississauga.

Gold Member
Username: Way2smart

Www.Desifta.com

Post Number: 1554
good deal.....but the lnb switch is 15 to 20$.....how many dishes you have? if you have 2 or 3 then you got a good deal.....if only one..YOU GOT RIPPED OFF

Rec good deal...
LNB RIPPED OFF
Here is one for 19$
Upload

Gold Member

Www.Desifta.com

Post Number: 1555
and if this was the switch then BIG TIME RIPP OFF

5$ on ebay
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2599
i think he must be talking about dp34 switch which is about $35 to $40
overall not a bad deal
remember,the installer has to make money,unlike us we do it as a hobby,
so he wanted to save money it could have been done with our help
bottom line,you have not been ripped off
just enjoy

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15471
New CW premium -$85

installation- usually $50-$70 when running cables to inside house, along with installing and aiming a dish to 2 satellites..anything less is less expensive..

NEW switch- price varies $4-$100..depending on what LNB's, how many and what type..for Example DP34= $50; and switch only goes to the 2 receivers U now will have, NOT different other ROOMS; or u may just need 2each $4 disque switches ....

so u decide..

if USED CW premium , then $70 is too much...install for $40 is good/fair price, and switch is To be determined by you..check some sites for switch prices and first find out what switch he's installing...disque, or dish pro, and from how many satellites...

But I will say, he's not bad with his overall prices..I don't think anybody here would do it any cheaper!

Bronze Member
Username: Vick0901

Post Number: 33
I have 2 dishes. One dish is 110/119 and the other is just 61.5. So the final quote was 160.00 flat. Are captive works 600s premium good receivers for basic viewing. Do the CW files come out a bit earlier than other boxes?

Gold Member

Www.Desifta.com

Post Number: 1558
yaa there almost always 2nd or 3rd but good support for cw,

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15472
spend another $20 and get the CW 700, instead of the Premium...the USB capability and the no hassles of connecting/disconnecting cables and moving receivers is well worth $20..

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1052
i'd go for it , cw support has been top shelf lately and the price is right

Gold Member

Www.Desifta.com

Post Number: 1560
Cw got good support....

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10382
Switches differe in price enormously. I just came back from the flea market. At one of the stores there, I saw two switches side by side with identical function - both were 8 to 1 switches - one was priced $45 and the other was priced $15.
For $160 including the receiver switch and instalation you are getting a good deal. Only a month ago you would have paid $80 for installation In GTA area.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us