How can I get my Pansat 2500a conv. to 2700 (PUFF_LZMA) working?

Silver Member
Username: Gmanrus

Post Number: 125
Is there any bin out for the PUFF_LZMA systems or do I need to downgrade it to the original PUFF to get my TV???

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9886
There is a Lothario BIN 261 with LZMZ compression.

You can get if from
[link removed] or from
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Silver Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 102
WARNING Nalins sites will fry your reciever Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gmanrus

Post Number: 126
Hey Nalin thanx for helping me.

greg raf: Nalin helped me so many times and he/she is the most helpful person on this website.

Diamond Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15201
Cool...then U won't be needing any help from anybody else here..

make that $4000 check out to Dishnetwork or Echostar, with wording questions and and replies like that..Nalin will give ya the address and phone muber..

Username: Dinky_dau

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
How do i fix a flu,that was downloaded with boot60,now it has nigth rider that stays on,the problem is i have no idea if it was conv or not prior to downloading b60,Ive try b60 again,and bin 253puff combo640.Wont work shows fail attempt.Any help will be appr.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15203
I would presume its a B60 with no upgrade...so I would do the B75 upgrade conversion with b75_m boot bin and file Jvvh 208 ..this will NOT harm the receiver, no matter what has been done already.., and then the Puff conversion...its all here..

[link removed]

BTW....U don't have to do the Puff conversion if ya don't want to..AFTER the B75 upgrade with Jvvh k75_m and 208, U can use the few B75 conversion files, like dan's B75 2500-2700 file..its also in same area.

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 865
Upload

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 4
thanks Lk.now where can i find b75-m bt,and jvvh208 site

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15205
AGAIN...please read , if ya want help!

its all here..

I would presume its a B60 with no upgrade...so I would do the B75 upgrade conversion with b75_m boot bin and file Jvvh 208 ..this will NOT harm the receiver, no matter what has been done already.., and then the Puff conversion...its all here..

[link removed]

BTW....U don't have to do the Puff conversion if ya don't want to..AFTER the B75 upgrade with Jvvh k75_m and 208, U can use the few B75 conversion files, like dan's B75 2500-2700 file..its also in same area.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9891
Everything for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.

Instructions included.

Either b75 or PUFF or PUFF_ LMZA

You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or PUFF files or PUFF_LMZA FILES.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs or PUFF_LMZA BOOT to use LMZA BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Bronze Member
Username: Leidy08

Post Number: 55
Hello, I need some help. I converted aFortec Start to a Pansat 2700 it was ok I was watching the TV but them the receiver when OFF, Can some one tell me what do I need to changed any receptor.

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 5
Ive got no problem converting as directed,I do have a problem at dsscommunity its like a maze.The mekong delta was easier,can you post the convertion so i can download,it we be a blessing.thank you in advance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9895
Everything for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.

Instructions included.

You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or PUFF files or PUFF_LMZA FILES.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs or PUFF_LMZA BOOT to use LMZA BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 6
thanks nalin,I had converted b75,andpuff with great good outcome,thats not my problem.I have flu that was given to me with nigthrider.Dont know if it ever was conv or what boot or been it had prior to this person downloaded boot60,and got nightrider.I hope you can help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9902
Just start again with a b60 boot load - force it in by turning on switch at the same time as clicking on write boot.
In any case, with a fortec I like to install a 294T BIN before going on to the next phase of coversion.
with a bit of repetition and effort, you will come through.

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 7
Do I DO BOOT 60 THAN 294T OR VICE VERSA

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9905
Flash has two components - the Boot and BIN.
Boot is usually semipermanent. in this case because of need to make a radical change there are now four BOOTs - The original b60, th b75, PUFF and PUFF_LZMA.
BINs are specific to BOOT installed. 294T is a b60 BIN.
You first install b60 BOOT and then 294T BIN. It does not work any more now ,and probably if you skipped this process and went on directly to b75 or PUFF, you would be OK. But I like to first get it active and showing ON using 294T BIN before going on to b75 or to PUFF.
Anyway my suggestion was strictly optional.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15214
Flash is just another terminolgy to "load"...it has NO 2 components!

Nalin and all your aliases....U do NOT know about FTA...and are just a Dishnet official/mole here working with Ecoustics, monitoring the members and FTA news...get out of this thread, and site!

Anybody who listens to you deserves the $4000 civil suit that U will have brought down on them..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9908
LK: stop following me and go and take your medications.

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 8
I was aware of b75 or puff afther loading b60,I Tried turning the rec switch on at the same time I hit rewrite shows it fail,and nigthrider keeps going,and going to no avail.

Bronze Member
Username: Flu_guy

Post Number: 84
LK:
"Flash" actually refers to the Flash memory inside the box. The code that is loaded into it does have two components, BOOT and BIN, so Nalin is right and you are wrong in this case.
Htiek

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15223
Thats not exacty true at all buddy..U can flash with more than "boot" or "bin"...and to "FLASH" a receiver in sat terminolgy simply means to LOAD the receiver...or flash the receiver with a new file (.pgm etc)...to flash/alter/update the memory aka eeprom..I do know about DSS for many years and FLASHED many DTV, DN, and FTA receivers..and their eeproms.. and alternate eeproms!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1535

Boot is like program need to dispatch operating write on eeprom(rom)
bin is the program write too on eeprom(rom)
(Ram) memory is need to operated the program (calulating and temporary data)

Alternate eeprom i dont see what you went to say
Explaine it LK please

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1538
Explaine me LK please

Flash memory is like eeprom
flashing bios is: reprogrammed bios

I dont understand what you say by alternate eeprom

Bronze Member
Username: Flu_guy

Post Number: 86
Yes Plymouth, you are correct, flash memory is like EEPROM, and that is what is inside the box, hence the term "Flash". Here is what Wikipedia has to say about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory
I don't understand what LK means by "alternate eprom" either, LK, please can you explain?
Htiek

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 9
still have nightrider tried every thing you said nalin,tried boot60
hitting switch and rewrite
same time,also tried b75-m 208 bin.nothing happens(help)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1548
dinky start a new thread for help and give more detail
Thanks

Bronze Member

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 10
Plymouth;I was given a flu with nigth rider.I dont know if the box was converted to 2700 panset or what system it had. What I know is he tried boot60,and got night rider.Ive tried b75-m 208 as per LK,also tried hitting switch back of box,and rewrite at same time as per Nalin to no avail shows fail and nigthrider stays on I HOPE YOU CAN HELP.I wait for respond.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15246
The info I provided is 100% working, when done correctly as per the instructions...this is very simple and NOT a rocket science..

I wish U well on your challenges..

Bronze Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 99
Upload

Bronze Member

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 11
If I was a rocket sciencetist I would not have posted a question.I am a newbie that needed help,and I still do.I tried to load b75-m 208,but I still get nigth rider. maybe I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.pLEASE I NEED MORE ADVICE THANK YOU.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1562
dinky listen Nalin for that he is the pro

Gold Member

Post Number: 9928
dinky dau: Have you looked at the contents of this URL yet?

Download from root the conversion_main_261z file and read it.
Then decide what you want to do and from the appropriate subdirectory, get the appropriate full_kit, unzip into a separate directory (call it something like convert_b75 or convert_PUFF or quick_PUFF), and follow the instructions.
At present the PUFF_LZMA is not popular, so you decide on b75 or PUFF.

Your current status is that you have probably successfully loaded b60 boot.
From there, whichever direction you choose, you should first load 294T Bin using BL updater 1.4 loader and choosing BIN and clicking on write bin on a fresh switch on after the first horizontal flash appears. Let it go through BURN and WAIT, WAIT, till ON appears.
Do not panic.
If you can get that successfully done, you are at the stage people were 8 months ago, when conversion started.

After the first success with 294T, you MUST follow one set of instructions precisely.
There are no short cuts and reading the instructions twice and looking at the list of files is going to cost you far less in time than a receiver you can't convert.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9930
Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included.

Bronze Member

Poinciana, Fl Usa

Post Number: 12
Nalin,plymouth, thanks a million,but the owner of the receiver that you spend time trying to help me with took it back home,but I have to thank you for being so helpful,and hope we can do it again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us