Which Receiver to buy???

Bronze Member
Username: Owlburt

Post Number: 16
Ok I, like many other people, are a victim of the CoolS$$t problem. I have 2 CoolS$$t 6000 which are either no longer supported or at least poorly supported.

Either way, I need the buy another receiver. I dont want to buy an HD (although I have an HDTV) because its too costly to spend 5-6 bills for something that might now work in a few months. I would like one with a PVR/DVR function but it's not necessary.

Could someone let me know which receiver I should buy especially someone who has the receiver themselves who can testify to it's quality and support.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Owlburt

Post Number: 17
Anyone want to give me some suggestions? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 397
I have 4 receivers and nfusion is the best so far.

Platinum Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3057
i agree with scabz buy nfusion but i would wait for next model that will be releaing in a month or so........
if you can not wait that long buy current nfusion nova.......good support 90% of times its up....although its not built in pvr (ipvr isn't great) and channel change is not faster as u are used with csat..
don't buy another box... buy nfusion..
u also need to know that for this model u also need an internet connection+ wireless router.. if ur comp is close to tv then u just need network cable .. if its far away u also need netgear..
this is why i am saying that next model will be built in wireles an pvr.......
(no words of when this model will be released just rumors)......

Diamond Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15145
Nfusion is very good and least maintenance ...needs high speed internet...self updates, initial setup little more difficult than conventional FTA receivers, but great for a lazy newbie..

These below are all very good too...and USB capable, which is a "must have" nowadays...all have great software support, and easy to use, with same basic features..

Conaxsat Mini..can update without going to a bogged down DSS forums
Sonicview 4000
Captiveworks 7000
Viewsat Ultra

Here are 2 great places to buy from, as well..
www.southcoastfta.com
www.globalwholesalers.biz

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9856
With the pending change to nagravision 3 encryption, it is best to invest very little now.
CaptiveWorks has had excellent support and the CW600 can be bought for as low as $49. Buy and use this for 2 months or so till we know what we are in for in terms of ECMs under the forthcoming new encryption.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15151
WRONG AGAIN NALIN...ALWAYS buy a USB capable receiver, no matter what..a CW 700 is $109 and USB ready..

BTW...show me a CW600 for $49, thats NOT a clone!

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 850
"ALWAYS buy a USB capable receiver, no matter what"

wrong again LK , i have a pc hooked to net thats dedicated to my stbs and always connected to them , why waste time with usb when you can d/l the file and load stbs directly

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9864
I have already shown you and I went and bought for one of my friends from
Global FTA - Store Location:
1054A Gerrard Street East. Toronto, Ont, M4M1Z8
Phone: 416-466-7800
Fax: 416-466-7850
Toll Free 1-866-547-8002

LK: You live in a tiny hole called Key Largo in Florida.
For people in big cities like Toronto, it is very easy to go to one of the 30 odd FTA stores, ask questions, see products, and know the latest. Even on a Saturday and Sunday, these people have a small location in one or other of the 10-20 flea markets in Greater Toronto. I told you 5 days ago in another thread what is happening in the current market and also want to tell you very clearly that I have the access to information directly from people who make a living out of installations of satellite dishes, LNBs etc.
And this information is available in the most quick and casual manner by walking into one of the stores or into a flea market.

So don't cross swords with me. I say "TOUCHE!!!"

Platinum Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2337
my suggestion is buy a captive works 700 for a little bit more,because it has usb port,so less trouble updating

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15156
Any person with half a brain would buta USB ready receiver, unless they wer using an unconventional IKS internet receiver...which leaves numbnuts nalin out!...she's a DN mole, and don't even have a FTA receiver...just a list of places to bust..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9875
LK: Any person with half a brain, would avoid expense when it is known that both big providers have a new encryption which is likely to be implemented very soon.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15164
U just a cheap focking immigrant on welfare...STFU and go away...U offre nothing here except the goal to kill FTA and discourage its use ...thats what Dishnet moles do!

Now go away...U're boring me..

Bronze Member
Username: Trendsetter369

Post Number: 88
IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT,BUT IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15171
sorry...I am not nice to nalin, who works for Dishnetwork as a mole/spy here, and is here ONLY to nail U and me and kill FTA!...are U crazy?...she may cost U $4000 in civil suits...U be nice to her...not me, no way Jose!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9883
LK
Platinum Member
Post Number: 11473 Registered: Jan-06
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 06:07 pm:

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to others. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

http://www.ic3.gov/

They have been notified...

The National White Collar Crime Center, Communications Manager, Richmond, VA, (800) 221-4424 x363 or the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Press Office, FBIHQ, Washington, D.C., (202) 324-3000.

Silver Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 101
Nalin Nyda is a LOSER

Platinum Member

Post Number: 9885
LK
Platinum Member
Post Number: 11473 Registered: Jan-06
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 06:07 pm:

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to others. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

http://www.ic3.gov/

They have been notified...

The National White Collar Crime Center, Communications Manager, Richmond, VA, (800) 221-4424 x363 or the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Press Office, FBIHQ, Washington, D.C., (202) 324-3000.

Bronze Member
Username: Hangon

Post Number: 65
Why is Nalin helping us, if She works for DN and BEV? If you guys have nothing good to say, then do not say anything at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Mcd500

Post Number: 17
down load the bin at
www.ftabins.net

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15194
sled...that disguise is an old and common tactic used by satellite providers to obtain info and monitor members and DSS news...they even OWN many sites themselves (hashhu and totalfta are 2 now they own), and offer files and help, just to obtain more personal and public info..and its NOT legally identified as "entrapment"..anybody who tested during the DTV days will testify and confirm this fact..thats the reason, I also maintain a thread here "Best satellite info sites"..

Nalin, all her aliases, and many others here are Dishnet officials here, who's also working with Ecoustics..

sled... u have much to learn about this hobby/ business, other than free TV and plug n play..

Bronze Member
Username: Hangon

Post Number: 66
Thank you LK I knew that hashhu and totalfta are 2 now they own. I have used Nalin and you for help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us