Connecting 2 receivers....help

Username: Dtwizzy

Post Number: 8
ok here is the deal.
right now I have 3 sats on 1 receiver (vs ultra), i'm using dicseq ports #1,2,3 (110,119,and 91), running 3 Standard lnb's

what I want to do is have at least one of those sat connected to my 2nd receiver which is upstairs (pansat 3500sd). lets say I want to connect 110.

but the problems that i'm stuck with:
a)directly connect the coaxial from the 2nd receiver to the 2nd connector of the dual LNB (remember the other connector is being used by the 1st(main) receiver): the problem is that there is only sig/quality on the 2nd receiver when the main receiver is ON/ and if I were to switch from 110 to 110 or 91 on the main, the signal on 2nd receiver is lost.

b) when i try other configurations, such as splitter or diseq for the 2nd receiver, i tends to burn ports on the diseq that is used for the main receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Bangle

Post Number: 24
what LNB u are using ? dual ?

If dual , there should be 2 outlet for 1 sat , that means you should have 6 out let for 3 sats = 2 sets ( 3 sats each set)
run the cables directly from the LNBs to 2 different Diseqc , that will help to have 2 deferent boxes working.

Bronze Member
Username: Bangle

Post Number: 25
you can buy the DISH 3X4 spliter. and use 3 of them for each out let of the LNBs

Username: Dtwizzy

Post Number: 9
this is the set up

http://www.tht.net/~manijak/dish.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us