Is there really a pemanent fix coming ???

Silver Member
Username: Book77

Post Number: 139
I am having doubts if there will ever be a permanent fix

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 255
yes, insert your creditcard to your box.

as long as dn/bv keep upgrading the security, it will be very hard to have permanent fix, it could only shorten the down time.

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 149
there is a permanent fix already........call your favorite provider and get a sub.......it's that easy!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Sva

Post Number: 19
Jim, You don't want a permanent fix or we will be watching black screens. If the coders won Dn and Bev would out of business, if the providers win it will be like watching Dave on our boxes now.

Username: Burgenlander

Ayton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 3
I like to install a SG2100 motor on my 36" dish.
If Bev. or Dn.is down can i pull in Eastern or
European Stations? First time posting.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Book77

Post Number: 140
I did not permanment to be taken so literally.

Sorry for the error

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 401
Adi Tunki, you have just hi jacked a thread. If you want help or info and it's not about the subject in this thread you should start a new thread. Although that's good etiquette no one here seems to respect it so I guess you're ok.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 482
There will never be any thing like a permanent fix it's just not possible, Charlie and Beverly will always take it a step further. The trick is to keep up!

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 385
Adi
Using a Linear LNB you can scan about
(600) Free to Air TV and Radio Stations.

Here is a list of some FTA

http://www.gofastmotorsports.com/freetoairtvkusatellitechannelsprintout.htm

Ayton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 4
Thanks Yukon for the Ifo.

Ayton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 5
Sorry Jojogun next time i will be more careful.

Username: Freshdev

Post Number: 1
I have to jump in here with my first post.

Let's assume for a minute that a full emu is possible - meaning that the hardware available can run such a thing, and that all parts of the system to be emulated are known. (My personal opinion is that YES it IS possible - and I've been a programmer for 20+ years so I have a LITTLE bit of experience )

Now, the question becomes 'Would an entity that sells the hardware EVER release such a thing?'

NOT ON YOUR LIFE PAL! The software running on these boxes is how they control the consumer. What reason would you have to go out and buy their newest, latest, greatest box if the one you have NEVER goes down??? Look no further than what Pansat did to owners of 1500's and 2500's.

And what reason would you have of going to the 'support' websites if your box never went down? You don't think these people make a ton of cash on the ads displayed on these sites?

Until the day comes that someone outside the 'syndicates' develops an emulator to run within an STB, and makes that emu open-source, you will NEVER EVER have this Holy Grail of a 'Full Emulator'. It simply does not make $$$ sense - which is after all what REALLY drives this 'hobby'.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 116
if there a permanent fix i will buy 10 or 20 more FTA boxes
but it is only in a dream.LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us