How do i point the dish? Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Ptaha

Post Number: 71
So after winds here I'm almost certain that the dish got moved.. I connected the lnbs straight to receiver and still get no 119 or 110. My friends dish got moved also but he's on legal BEV so he's not affected..

would the dishpointer,com help?

S 43 and Q 00

in other words nothing

How do i re direct the dish so it's back on receiving the channels?

Please HELP>

THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 972
yes go to dishpointer.com

Username: Krunch

Are you living life or...

Post Number: 7
Well I'm not an expert at all and don't know much about it, but since no-one else is answering...
I would find the option in your reciever that shows signal strength. I'm guessing it'll say zero.
If your pretty sure your dish has been moved by wind, you could likely guess which way it shifter from the way the wind was blowing? I would mark it witha pen and loosen off the bolts and shift it slightly, ch3eck signal, shift it slightly, check signal etc. Just make sure to mark your original spot well.
The only way I can think of without a portable tester on hand.

But those with more knowledge please correct me if theres an easier way :-)

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 298
If you haven't already you should make note of your settings on the dish. Write down your elevation and skew. Also, make sure that the mast is level.I just installed my new dish 1000.2 and it was kinda hard but as I look back it was really easy. Go to dishpointer like African stated. Adjust your dish to your address that dishpointer gives you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us