Help please

Bronze Member
Username: Bird73

Post Number: 37
I'm trying to download a bin file on my vs ultr, for some reason its not working, I have a cs 5000 and never had a problem. Can someone help me wiyh my vs? please

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 905
ok chill,
where are you trying to download from and what bin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
im using loader 2, and the file is pftausw-071222u.pgm. Im basically trying to put the file from my cpu to the receiver.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 908
when you say it is not working , what is going on , please post so we can help

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7111
python: Whilst you should be able to use the loader 2, I can't see why you are not using a USB drive. It makes life so much easier. Just load the unzipped file into the USB drive, take it to the receiver and update from the USB slot in front.

At present, you are probably using the wrong cable. It has to be a Null cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
its not transfering data

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i'm using the port, let me try Nalin

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 911
have you unzipped the file?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
i sit possilble to do it via serila port?

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 912
I don't understand what you are saying

Gold Member

Post Number: 7113
Python: You can always use a null cable, Viewsat Ultra loader, and upload the file if it is unzipped, and the port is working. There are many more uncertainties than using a USB drive.
****------****------****------****------****------****------
1. PLUG in ViewSat; turn rear POWER switch 'OFF'. Connect ViewSat to computer Com1 Port via Null Modem cable (Pins 2 &3 cross).

2. Open the program "Loader2. Click on tool, click on configuration and select the comm. port, Click "Open Files", select 'Latest Program bin file_VXX.PGM' to write to the ViewSat.

3. Click PC-->STB, then Power 'ON' your ViewSat electric power. (You should see the File loading properly)

4. WAIT! DO NOT TOUCH VIEWSAT!!! It will load the file. After file transfer is complete, the Front Panel will display 'inst' for 15 seconds while it installs the software; 'End' is displayed for about the next 10 seconds; then ' 00.00 '

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
can i do this with the rs232 cable?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7128
No you can't use a straight RS232 cable. If you are not sure what cable you have and it is not working, you can buy a M/F null adaptor and use it in series with your existing cable. That way you have one type without the adaptor and the other type with the adaptor.

Username: Rick54

Post Number: 8
There should have been a black null modem cable that came with the ultra, that's the one you should use. But your doing a lot of extra work if you don't use a usb.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
My rs232 cable is the one i use on my cs 5000 and works fine. I have an adapter that makes it into a usb. My cpu dosen't have the rs232 port. I've been in this forum for a while and never encountered a problem, so just wanna thank everyone for trying to help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7142
python: You should have mentioned that you are starting with a USB to serial adaptor. These are big headache.
Go into Device Manager of your computer an dmake sure you do not have conflicts and th eCOM port for the adaptor is set to COM 1-4 or preferrably to COM 1 or 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us