Can't scan or find HD channels on DISH

Username: Cabazon

Post Number: 4
Still gettting nowhere with HD on dish info. I have a viewsat9000 with 8psk adapter board and cant find or scan any HD stations on dish. I was told you need a 3ft dish to get Echostar3 @129 here in BC south coast. I tried that too but no more strength than 18" dish. Any body getting a strong signal from this bird around South BC? I don't think I have any trees in the way. I get E 7 and 8,10 which has some HD channels 8'10 has about a dozen but when I scan I get none showing up. I notice the signal Quality is not as good on 8,10 as on 7 though. I have been trying to find a good link to footprint maps of these satellites and can't seem to find any . If anyone has some ideas or links please post here. It would give me some hope if someone with my setup and location is watching HD . Please let me know

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 364
Don't own one , but...

Have external tuner turned ON.

Try a TP scan echo 8

TP -- 12399

SYMBOL RATE -- 21.500

FEC -- 2/3

See if any HD channels scan

Post Number: 5
Ok I got the scan ok but I had to change the right side to turbo8 , then the scan was successfull . The stations won't come in steady as the signal keeps going to ) jumping up and down It could be from the current ECM I can't say for sure but most SD channels aren't doing that Any way I know the 8psk switch is ok so it's a start. I just wish a new fix would show up soon so I can have less variables. I hate to start moving my dish around again after it has been working ok before this. Does this transponder can all the available HD channels on E8 ? or is there more transponders to enter? I will try again to get E5 at 129 but I don't think I'll get it up here.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 366
echo 8

TP -- 12311

SYMBOL RATE -- 21.500

FEC -- 2/3
--------------------------
TP -- 12457

SYMBOL RATE -- 21.500

FEC -- 2/3

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 25
If things aren't confusing enough I,ve been told that for DP lnbs to take all horizontals and subtract from 25600 then make it vertical.Another said add 1000 and make vertical.I tried both and picked up signals both ways.There's something else about bandstacking and lnb freq set to 14500.If anyone could shed some light or anybody getting HD 8psk on 129 please do tell.

Post Number: 6
Semore that's too tech for me. I wouldn't know where to start with that. I do know i succeeded in finding about 11 +4 +4 HD channels by scanning in 3 frequencies manually using your instructions above but I had to changd the setting on the right side to turbo8 by the up down arrows then it locked in. Can any body report in that's getting the 129 sat and what size dish is necessary? up here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us