TwinhanDTV Sat Pro???

Bronze Member
Username: Nub2fta

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 98
All,
I am wondering can anybody enlighten me as to the benefits of a TwinhanDTV Sat Pro, TFT was speaking of this before he left, can this effectively replace having a VS, PANSAT, any-stb ??? what would be involved?? any info would be helpful.
nub.

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 19
The twinhan is harder to setup but that coder for the Emunation plugin is awesome. Always up! My VS right now is cough'n, freezing up, jump'n back and forth with files. When its healthy its much more user friendly. What you should be asking is where did I find a dvb-s2 for $69 when HD stb's are $500 + $200 for a 8psk module.

Bronze Member

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 99
Seymore,
how would the updating differ from my VS platinum & xtreme. I've been reading about DVB Dream as the best GUI, found a dvb-s2 @ $85(I was willing to go as high as $200)my VS is cough'n & freezin too. can you suggest a site or two where I can learn more??
thanks,
nub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
To update just replace emunation.dll with the newest one into the plugins folder. Last version was still working after ECM when a new one was released.I tried like hell to get DVBdream to work cause I liked it but have only been able to use mytheatre without too many bugs.What did you find for dvb-s2. I,m waiting for mine to get here.Just hoping it will get those HD's without any more surprizes/hardware.

Bronze Member

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 100
Hey Semore,
good to hear back from you. I hope that you do not mind my picking your mind... your experience. How often are dll's made available or is it something that I can learn to do myself? I haven't got Dvbdream going yet, but I saw a tutorial/movie - It looks quite easy to do(in theory)as for the dvb-s2. ebay. But I have a contact at a local company that does prototype circuit board work, worst case scenario would be to have a pci card made as long as I can get specs having it built is just a fly in the ointment... my apprehension is more the software side for now. Do you like Mytheatre?
nub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I forget exactly why I couldnt get DVBdream fully functional.MyTheatre is doing everything well but I did have to split it up installing one instance for dn and one for bev. It seems it could only handle about 1000 channels then start freezing up.Most of these fta sites have plugins listed under dvb/emulation and they update about as often as other files.Have you considered Nfusion?It's contravesial but apparrently been up for about 2 or 3 years now.

Silver Member

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 105
hmmm.... never seriously considered it but, always an option. I have never had more than 800 channels at one time (DN & BEV combined). thanx for the info.
Cheers,
nub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us