Need help fixing Vortex Pro 7700

Username: Snuffles07

Post Number: 1
This box hasn't had any bin installed for more than 6 months. Until recently, a lot of the channels were working except the ppvs, espn, mtv, comedy central, E, and others. But a few weeks ago all the channels were gone except local channels.

I know that my box is a pansat clone. What I wanna know is what I need to do to get my box to work again and be able to view all of the channels. I used Dish by the way not BEV. I use 110 and 119 satellites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7057
Download and unzip into a new directory "jvvh". Print the instructions and READ. The follow the instructions exactly as detailed.
****--------****--------****--------****--------****--------
For Pansat 2500/FLU new conversions and converted to 2700
Use only on converted receivers.
DO NOT USE ON Genuine Pansat 2700 or on Pansat 2700 clones

In case you have difficulty getting the latest BIN, it is available here.

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included.
The latest jvvh_235 files for Pansat or Fortec remote
The latest CS_235T_lightning Bin included
These three files are also available separately for those who do not want to download the full kit

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

The latest ECM of 10th January, requires that you use the 232 or 233 BINs.
These have been posted separately in Conversion_232_233.zip file.

Post Number: 3
O.K., I'm sorry, please excuse my ignorance but that seems complicated. I've never converted a box before or anything like that. The most I've ever done is install a new bin on the box. From the link that you gave me, all I need is the fullkit8z file? Remember, my box has never been converted before and I have no idea what jtag means. My box had always been working up until a couple of weeks ago.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 723
Sirius Black, go to menu>system information and tell us what you see.

Post Number: 4
X-85BL
API:2.80a_EU
Boot ver:6.0
03. Oct. 2006
Future-FTA

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 724
ok. That means it's NOT a converted receiver. To get your Vortex 7700 to work, you must first convert it using the files provided by Nalin above. The instructions are included with the files.

It's a very easy thing to do and anybody can do this. Just follow instructions very carefully and exactly.

Post Number: 5
O.K., what happens after I do that. I haven't done it yet because I only have a lap top so I have to wait to go to a desktop to do all this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7061
You haven't done anything till you Print the instructions and READ. The answers to your questions are there and if after reading you feel you do not want to proceed, you have done no harm.

Post Number: 6
O.K., I have read and will try to do this on a desktop computer later on today. The beginning is confusing but I think I'll get it right. Thanks a lot for the help.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 725
If unsure about ANYTHING, come back and ask before you do anything that will fry your receiver.

Post Number: 7
Well, I'm unsure about several things. Nalin Nyda posted 4 websites from where to download files from. I won't need those websites because she already provided the files for me am I correct? Also, I don't really know what she means by writing down my current tv settings and antenna settings. I guess by antenna settings she means LNB type(standard), B Local-Freq.(11250), 2kHz(OFF), DiSEqC(#4), Skew(0), TP([1]11000 V 7.000), Positioner Setting(Disable), Satellite Scan(ALL). Also, in my case, I won't need the following bins; Jvvh_PansatRemote_235.bin
Jvvh_FortecRemote_235.bin
since I have a Vortex Pro 7700 am I correct? Also, this other section does not pertain to me am I correct? D. Action:
If going from any jvvh Bin 221 onwards, skip the installation of jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin and go straight to installation of CS_227T or jvvh_227 or later. Current versions are _233 (and _234 for GC)
Besides that, I understand the rest.

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 829
Sirius Black,
Nalin is a Guy not a Girl

Post Number: 8
Sorry, my mistake.

Post Number: 10
Final question. Do I use CS_235 or CS_233

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 726
No final question please:-). There'll be many questions more and that's ok, just part of the game.

The CS_233 is the one that's working right now so use that one after conversion is done.

And yes, Nalin is a guy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
D. Action:
If going from any jvvh Bin 221 onwards, skip the installation of jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin and go straight to installation of CS_227T or jvvh_227 or later. Current versions are _233 (and _234 for GC)

Does this mean I skip the installation of jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin?}

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 727
What have you done so far? When the receiver reboots, do you see the b-7-5 scrolling twice before it stops on ON?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Sorry Abby but I haven't done anything yet because I've been waiting for the answer of wether I need to skip the installation of jwh_208_2500to2700.bin

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 728
It says "If going from any jvvh Bin 221 onwards, skip the installation of jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin....". Since you don't have the jvvh_221 onwards, why would you want to skip a step?

If you had an already converted receiver, you would have a jvvh bin on it already but you don't so don't skip that step.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Alright, thank you so much Abby you've been great help. Now I'm gonna go ahead and head out to my friends house to borrow his computer to do this because my laptop doesn't have the serial port.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
bin won't start download on my pansat. cable works because i used it on my viewsat. what else could it be.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 739
I think the Viewsat uses a NULL cable. What you need is a STRAIGHT THROUGH SERIAL CABLE. Unfortunately they both look exactly the same but they're not.

Wait for someone to confirm this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
But I've used this same cable for my Vortex before Abby. That's why I'm confused. I already check all comm's. Already tried to boot it too and nothing loads.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 740
If the cable has worked before, it's obviously the right cable.

Use BL loader 1.4. Hit "write bin" and turn ON the receiver at almost the same instant. Might take a couple of tries getting this timing right but it should work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Yeah, I have used this cable before on this same box and it worked. Let me try again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Nope. Nothing happens.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 741
OK, let's start at the beginning. I assume the conversion went ok.

1) When you turn on the receiver, does the b-7-5 scroll twice across the display and stop at ON?

@) What does your System Information show?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Nope, the conversion was not done. My system information says the same thing.
X-85BL
API:2.80a_EU
Boot ver:6.0
03. Oct. 2006
Future-FTA

I know that the cable works because I fixed my viewsat moments before I tried it on my Vortex 7700. Could the port in my box have messed up somehow? I followed step by step instructions. I even tried to boot it using the b 75 file.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 742
So you're getting a problem loading the conversion bin, the first one....... Strange. Com ports don't go bad overnight and neither to cables.... I'm stumped.

Lets' see if Nalin or AV can shed some light on this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7146
First install 293t or 294t BIN using BL updater 1.4. This BIN is in the revert subdirectory.
The install as per instructions in the full kit.
Currently the best BIN after conversion is jvvh_236.
Try the PansatRemote version. Must follow th instructions carefully. Latest full_kit file is full_kit8e.zip

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ok. Let me try to install 293 first then. Thanks for being patient, I have to go back and borrow a desktop computer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us