2700a not loading bin... help please

Bronze Member
Username: Free_tver

Post Number: 11
i have three 2700a stbs. two of the boxes loaded the pansat bin just fine. the other one is haveing a lack of connection with the cable as if its not even connected at all. what would be the problem... and is there a fix for this?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7032
Does the third one look the same and have the name on it? Does it have light when you turn it on?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
everything else is normal... sat scanning channel changing, user inputs, etc. Everything except the com port seems to be inactive. i was checking to see if there was a "home remedy" for this situation. it is an authentic 2700a.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
everything else is normal... sat scanning channel changing, user inputs, etc. Everything except the com port seems to be inactive. i was checking to see if there was a "home remedy" for this situation. it is an authentic 2700a.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 718
Computers sometimes act funny that way. A home remedy to try would be to recheck the cable connections at both ends and rebooting your PC before trying to load again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ijust connected another pansat again to the computer and redownloaded the same bin... its the com port on the pansat that seems to be the problem unless the computer would be good for one and not the other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7033
Considering everything, it seems you might have a damaged serial port. During the first two interactions and later when trying the third one, there is a possibility of having bent a Pin. If the cable communicates again well with the other two, than the bent pin might be on the receiver. Check it carefully by turning the receiver towards you and with a good flashlight.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 720
Nope. If you just loaded onto another receiver, the problem has to be with the hardware of the receiver giving you trouble, probably the com port like you said.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
by now i even have the cover off of this stb. all the pins appear to go into the cable as required from the outside... the inside connection of the port seems to be fine also. i really dont know what went wrong with this one???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
without the serial port, is there any other way to load the bin onto the box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7036
I have no further suggestions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well at least you tried.

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 290
I also have a 2700a and i could not load the 233 file so i got out my 2500 no problem after i did i forgot what i did the last time seems like you can't be online when you are downloading it seems like that was my problem also i foud that the 27.02 loader that says write file would not work for me but the one that says download did

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
in this case, it wont even let me do a box to box bin transfer. unless someone has a fix i am going to need a new pansat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7048
FREE TVer :
Try posting in this thread:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/433359.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us