Mitsubishi VS-45501A power on problem

Username: Tmn1966

Post Number: 1
My Mitsubishi 45501 projection TV will not remain powered on. It starts to power up, you hear a relay "click" on and off. This happens whether using the remote or the main switch. In the recent past it has come on after numerous attempts from the remote. But now it just "clicks" Any ideas for a DIY ? Or is this a costly fix and time for a new TV ?

Thanks in advance - Tom

Silver Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 123
It's not a DIY. I can get most Mitsu. pro.s fixed from $200 to $300. Call around for a ball park est. from local shops. It shouldn't be any more than $500. If they won't give you any idea what it's going to cost over the phone, keep calling around until you find someone that will. I prefer CRT projection over the DLP, LCD etc....
The new sets are good for about a year a two before they start giving you trouble. Repairs start at $500 and go up to the cost of the set.
I just told a guy "your nuts" for wanting to fix his 20 year old Mitsu. Well I got it fixed up for less than $250 and it looked great. He'll probably get another 10 years out of that set.

Username: Tmn1966

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us