Channel Renumbering on VS Ultra

Bronze Member
Username: Coolcanada

Post Number: 24
Hi All,

I am sure there are many having this problem. Right now I want to sort out the channels in a proper sequence. I was able to do this on my old Ariza 700 but with VS Ultra I have no idea how to do it. What I am struggling with is that I have channel 198 and then 31 and then 40 and so on & so forth what I want is having the channel 198 renumbered as 1, 31 as 2, 40 as 3 ......

How can I do this ?

Thanx in advance for the time,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
come on guys. Where are you all ? Does nobody know how to do this ?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1846
do you mean in DN order?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1847
The easest way to make the channels the #'s or names you want is of corce use a channel editing program.

Their are 2 popular ones out their. Channle master is one but not viewsat friendly. One called OSDEdit is free at viewsat's home page .

[link removed]
With all the data loss happing during the update process it is a good idea at this point for you to learn how to backup your channel list anyway and put it in when you do a upgrade like in my gude here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/412799.html

Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 8
The only thing you can do is

Menu/User Settings/Options and put SORT BY SID option to ON

Gold Member

Post Number: 1848
that is how you would have the receiver sort the channels by sid yes Not the only option though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well what I wanted was to renumber the channel number. So if I have NATGEO at 196 then renumber it to 1, DISC at 201 then 2 etc. etc. I tried moving it to number one spot but still the channel number remains at 196.

will I b able to this thru OSDEdit.

thanx again FTA Tester

Gold Member

Post Number: 1853
i think so go play with it and see! I am sure we have done it before....now you will have have trouble with DN guide if you monkey with the ch #'s it will confuse it..

I am on a NEW laptop so dont have all the stuff on this one yet...still trying to decide if i like vista..

Username: Bernardmi

Quebec, QC

Post Number: 9
I use Channel Master with a Viewsat Platinum and does a fine job of letting you renumber at will. And cloning then to other receivers. Love it. Allows you to have a bunch of receivers with same channel numbers.

I agree it is a bit confusing at first when you want to download from the receiver to the PC and upload from PC to receiver. You have to do some manipulations on your remote control but once this is understood and familiarized with, Channel Master is real fun to use.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
where can I find the channel master ?

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 872
http://www.sharpc.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts