How to update or fix a vewsat

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1729
If your receiver is missing channles now do this and you should get them back

The new bin's for most receivers will most likely be released sometime today or this weekend. To save alot of time I thought I would post a few suggestions of what you should do before or during the updating process every time you upload a new bin in your receiver.

I do this each time and never have any data loss I just do it this way, in this order, and watch tv seconds after putting the new bin in my receiver not after fighting my receiver for hours or day's.

#1 BEFORE you disconnect your receiver from the TV make a note of ALL antenna settings for every Satellite you can receive. You could do this ANYTIME so its done. I have it all in nice text DOC in my computer.

#2 Download the new bin from the "home" forum for your receiver. Never pay for free info. Unzip the file and place it inside a folder on your computer named "new bin 12-03-09 or whatever the date is.

#3 Go to [link removed] or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today.

#5 Use the Loader Program or USB drive to copy the channnel list FROM your receiver to the computer. Place that file indise the folder you made today.

#6 Use the loader Program or USB drive to install the new bin, satfile, and Channel List from the folder you made today.

#8 Connect your receiver back to TV, LNB and whatever else you normaly do.

#9 Using you notes make sure all settings are the same as before in each satallite you can receive in antenna settings.

#10 Turn it to a sat and if need be let it autoroll. Sometimes this step takes 3 min sometimes 10. If you interrupt it by changing channels it will take longer so just let it roll.

#11 Watch tv. Be thankfull it works.

#12 After using the receiver for a while go to the "home" forum for you receiver and report any Bug's or thank the coders for their hard work.

Yes their are a few extra steps here than what some people will say do they do but when these steps are done they save ALOT of time and energy fixing trouble after a data loss. I have 17 sat's scanned with 2700 channels it would take me about 5 hours to get everything back the way I like it. I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal.

Upload

Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 3
What exactly does "hard boot" mean? Thank you FTA Tester

Gold Member

Post Number: 1740
please stop worrking about that

it is when you turn off and on the receiver using the buttion on the back

Bronze Member
Username: Scarlet_dimples

Far far and awayUnder the sea

Post Number: 51
FTA Tester

Exactly how do i find my channel list to save to my usb. I am attempting your steps above.. break it down for me please

Username: Sb99

Canada

Post Number: 3
FTA Tester

Thanks for this.
So, the USB drive will contain 3 files for the update. Two of the files will have the same file extension, both the receiver's firmware file and the latest 3rd party bin file (*.all for the VSPro). Why is it necessary to include the factory firmware on the USB drive? Doesn't the 3rd party bin file completely overwrite the factory firmware? If I do include all of these files, does the receiver automatically load the updates in this order: 1-factory firmware, 2- third party bin, 3- channel list?
Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1757
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1768
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Scarlet_dimples

Far far and awayUnder the sea

Post Number: 52
FTA TESTER.

THANKS A MILLION. I followed your steps above and it is indeed a much faster option. I am up and running withing seconds. Hope you are feeling much better today and you are up and about. Once again Thank YOu

Gold Member

Post Number: 1773
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Gigolo72

Post Number: 96
FTA TESTER are the new files for Viewsat ligit ?? the one for 9000HD dated the 10th ?? found on ftalife and dssworld ??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775
viewsat light uses the same bin as the one for the platinum. not the 9000hd

Bronze Member
Username: Xtrawest

Post Number: 69
I dont have to do all this FTA Tester. After loading the new BIN, my receiver will start working again back to the old settings.
Pl Make sure if you are not using the CLONE of Viewssat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1792
Xtra,

As I stated in the guide "I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal. "

I just want everone to have a enjoyable experance here we have seen lots of people losing data. You have been lucky I would advise to back up your data next time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
Upload

Username: Pico_dot

Post Number: 1
I have a viewsat ultra receiver...downloaded the
latest file and extracted. Added it to usb stick. Installed it on the receiver, everything ok until message "do not power off". Waited for twenty minutes and nothing happened.

Unable to use remote to do anything, and on receiver, no functionality from buttons.

Powered down from switch in back, removed usb stick and repowered.

display shows ---- and no functionality whatsoever.

I probably have to install factory setting file or follow some kind of procedure.

Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 906
yah i think u were not suppose to power it off..yup u must load a factory bin..

Username: Pico_dot

Post Number: 2
Thanks

Will try this tonight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us