Please help :-( viewsat dead please help

Bronze Member
Username: M_khalifa4

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 35
please guys if anyone can help . my viewsat is dead , i was watching dn and everything was great , suddenly the screen said no uploading information , and the box screen show NO CH and everything disappeared no quality no signal , all cables are perfect i checked them with the other box , i tried downloading bin samething ,
please advise me and thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 807
Read about TSOP or take it to shop. The following is available on Ebay:
The SST39VF3201 device is a 2M x16 CMOS Multi-Purpose Flash Plus (MPF+) manufactured with SST proprietary, high performance CMOS SuperFlash technology. The split-gate cell design and thick-oxide tunneling injector attain better reliability and manufacturability compared with alternate approaches. The SST39VF3201 writes (Program or Erase) with a 2.7-3.6V power supply. It conforms to JEDEC standard pinouts for x16 memories.

Featuring high performance Word-Program, the SST39VF3201 provides a typical Word-Program time of 7 µsec. This device uses Toggle Bit or Data# Polling to indicate the completion of Program operation. To protect against inadvertent write, it has on-chip hardware and Software Data Protection schemes. Designed, manufactured, and tested for a wide spectrum of applications, it is offered with a guaranteed typical endurance of 100,000 cycles. Data retention is rated at greater than 100 years.

The SST39VF3201 is suited for applications that require convenient and economical updating of program, configuration, or data memory. For all system applications, it significantly improves performance and reliability, while lowering power consumption. It inherently use less energy during Erase and Program than alternative flash technologies. The total energy consumed is a function of the applied voltage, current, and time of application. Since for any given voltage range, the SuperFlash technology uses less current to program and has a shorter erase time, the total energy consumed during any Erase or Program operation is less than alternative flash technologies. The SST39VF3201 also improves flexibility while lowering the cost for program, data, and configuration storage applications.

The SuperFlash technology provides fixed Erase and Program times, independent of the number of Erase/Program cycles that have occurred. Therefore the system software or hardware does not have to be modified or de-rated as is necessary with alternative flash technologies, whose Erase and Program times increase with accumulated Erase/Program cycles.

To meet high density, surface mount requirements, the SST39VF3201 is offered in 48-lead TSOP and 48-ball TFBGA packages.

Bronze Member
Username: Ed_zackary

Post Number: 11
try turning power switch off on back of receiver and leave it off for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on(manual reboot)

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 808
You may want to verify the authenticity of your VS as well.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 953
You people are silly

I had that happen too

If it reads no channels and no sat's it just needs to be set up like new again

go to antenna settings set all sat's correctly then scan the sat's all channels will come back.

Anytime it say's no channels on the receiver that is all it was it factory reset itself. With the new bin it is recomended you NOT use "echostar package" from the sat menu just use one sat at a time.....I recomend you read more on the new viewsat bin's at Total as I did

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1860
Do yo have any display in front panel?
Use power in front panel

-If absolutly no front panel display
Maybe a simple fuse next to power cord inside the box

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 954
KIng he has power he said it read No CH on the receiver that is what it does when a factory reset has happened.

Its just as bug in the new bin its a easy fix just rescan the birds or like I do here put your channel info back in the receiver from the computer I learned long ago after the receiver doing that a few times to back up the channel and sat data on a computer...

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 36
am trying to rescan , what is the 2ed solution ?
appreciated FTA TESTER u r the man

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 37
you were right , i want to ask , is there any file to download for nagra before downloading the last fix , coz the box returned to zero , its vs platinum.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mysticm

Post Number: 12
Ftatester, when you say "set all sats correctly", how would you do that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us