Viewsat Ultra Help

Username: T_o_07

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
I have 2 Viewsat Ultra receivers. I have two different switches, but I'm only receiving PPV on one of the receiver. Also, if i have the satellite on 121 i can't view 110 on the second receiver at the same time. Any ideas??

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5289
When you connect/disconnect receivers switch off power supply of both receivers.

When you switch the two receivers, what is the situation? It will tell you if the fault is in the receivers (settings and scans) or elsewhere.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
My friend tried the second receiver at his house and it worked there, but when I brought it home the PPV channels are there, but it says "searching signal".

Gold Member

Post Number: 5292
The problem seems to be in the Dish to receiver area, probably in switches. You will be able to see it, when you connect the receiver A in place of receiver B and receiver B in place of receiver A.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
One receiver is connected in the living room and the second one is in a bedroom. 110 goes into the same port for both receivers. I get some channels on the second receiver such as NBA TV and Soap TV.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
When i connect receiver A in receiver B place it still says searching signal.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Nalin, i tried switching the two receivers and still no luck getting the ppv working. The second receiver didn't pickup the ppv in the first recivers place.

Username: Rtf

Canada

Post Number: 7
I have the same problem but between an Ultra and an Extreme. I upgraded the switches and it improved but it still has the problem noe and then. When this happens for the most part, I find that turning the receiver off the on using the remote works, but not always.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5300
Tasha C. : You said The second receiver didn't pickup the ppv in the first receivers place.
This means that the "defective" receiver has some software problem, such as antenna setup, or scanning problem.
If you eliminate these problems, the best you can do,is to reinstall the BIN and set up again. Unless you are very familiar with what you are doing, factory reset can be painful - it is much easier to reinstall the BIN and rescan, or even reinstall a much older BIN and then the new one and then rescan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us