11-26-07 So Cal 110-119 45+ Receivers Supported !

Username: America555

Long Beach, California USA

Post Number: 1
11-26-07 So Cal 110-119. UPDATED ~ TODAY!

*Note: ANY channels shown other than FTA Channels are purely incidental. Channels are shown only for reference and as Channel place holders.

This release also includes my "Template" file to save you a little time.

Friends!

USE CHANNEL MASTER TO CONVERT TO 45 RECEIVER TYPES! CHANNEL MASTER 1.18.3 was released on 10/23/07

There are lots of nice improvements with even more receivers supported!

Quick Notes:

There are 30 TEST CHANNELS! ..
GO TO YOUR "FAVORITES" Menu and find "!CHECK THESE "

This FTA SAT/CHA File was created for the Southern California area. It was saved as a CHANNEL MASTER Project File (.CMPROJ). YOU can easily convert this File to YOUR Receiver type and area!

If you use this File in any other location it WILL WORK, but you will be missing your local FTA channels ~ maybe more! You are encouraged to modify this File to serve your Area.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU USE THIS LIST, IN YOUR MENU TURN "Use default CH name" OFF! If you fail to do this your Receiver and Scans will overwrite the Channel Names/descriptions. NOT good.

More Details:

* USE THIS CHANNEL LIST AND CHANNEL MASTER to CONVERT to 45 Receiver models! Even if you know nothing about CHANNEL MASTER, you can easily export to YOUR Receiver in under 10 minutes:

FILE | EXPORT | WIZARD | RECEIVER TYPE | NAME FILE
DONE.[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B]

* This CMPROJ directly loaded into my Coolxxx 4000, 5000 and Viewxxx Platinum and Xtreme Receivers problem free. See if your Receiver is supported too!

* Add, rename and modify Favorites, Channels and Channel technical settings with ease.

* Convert to DISHPRO with just a few mouse-clicks.

* DELETE MY LOCAL FTA CHANNELS AND ADD YOUR LOCAL CHANNELS to create a outstanding FTA Channel List for your location!

You are welcome to USE and EDIT this file to make YOURS better!

CHANNEL MASTER converts to your Receiver in a snap! Do a GOOGLE search for SHARPC. It is still a FREE program, donations welcome to SHARPC.

This CHANNEL MASTER Project is a work in progress and I submit these files AS IS. As with any work in progress,there is always room for improvement.

ENJOY!
popattach{408147,Upload}

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 932
whats the point of this.....

I don't see were you even got this file or were it can be downloaded

channel list's are available in most all sites, total, future or any of them......

Post Number: 2
application/zipUpload
11-26-07-110-119-SoCal.ZIP (38.6 k)

Hummmm, that's strange because I was notified that the attachment was accepted as a 'code' at the end of my message? (popattach{408147,Upload})

The file is one Channel Master helped me create. Sure one can hunt for files similar to mine, but mine is fresh and accurate as of today.

I will see if I can attach the files again to this message?

Otherwise, you are very welcome to hunt for your own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
I as most experienced "testers" find it more usefull and easer to just scan what birds you can receive and modify the channel list yourself. Main difference is the spot beamed channels will be alot different for different parts of USA.. Thanks for the file I will look it over.......

Post Number: 3
As I think about it more I see your point.

The mission of the files are to make Channels shown on Channel list(s) accurate and MUCH more easy to undersatand.

That is, all call letters are replaced with actual station use. So WNBC is now NBC NY and KCET is PBS-28-LA. And WCBS is CBS-NY, etc, etc.

Otherwise, we need a 'cheat sheet' to lookup call signs and channel uses. I welcome you to open the file with Channel Master... I hope all will be clearer then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 934
You can always go to http://www.channellist.us/satchart.htm and get a list of most channels..

what sat's do you have scanned on that list?

Post Number: 4
Yes, but as one looks at Echostar 7 at 119°, one sees MANY call signs! Not to be redundant, but my Channel List replaces ALL call letters with actual use in your Receiver Channel Guide.

KCET is now listed as PBS-28-LA
WNBC is now NBC-NY

Another example is, what the heck is "SRN" (Channel 104)? Your new Channel List (mine) will tell you! And "LMN" on 109? It's now "LIFETIM MOV". Yes, it's not quite the full name, but some receiver displays are very limited and thus the names had to be short.

Here is another GREAT site for you!

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Enjoy!

Bronze Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 32
Dish Locals in (175) Cities

http://www.ftalist.com/

Post Number: 5
Yukon...

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/sdlocaldetail.htm

Thank you for another outstanding Channel List Site, because with your Site and Lingsat it makes modifying my list for other cities a snap!

Here is a typical listing from your Site:

KCET TV 28 Los Angeles, CA PBS Available 119°

Again, the information IS helpful, but it requires a external 'cheat sheet' for station identification.

All of the conversion work is DONE with my attached Channel List... it's now all built-in to your Receivers Channel List! Examples:

5732 = NBC SanFran
5733 = CBS-ATLAN
5734 = CBS SanFran
8492 = NBC CHI

So what is KPIX? It is Channel 5734! No cheat sheat required.

What is WMAQ? It is Channel 8492.
etc, etc

Also the "FAVORITES" List has been edited into easy access blocks of channels too... please check that out too!

Someone asked which satellites were scanned? The answer is 110 & 119 as shown in the file name.

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
so your list is missing ALOT its a good start though

Post Number: 6
FTA TESTER

"Missing alot"? Where, please?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us