Sat wont switch

Bronze Member
Username: Eclipse_the

Post Number: 26
i need help please. i have a 2500 clone converted to 2700 and using the latest working chancy bin. when i do a blind scan i can only scan one sat. i have set the disec switch to the proper places and have also put in a new swtich (in case) but will onoly blind scan 1 sat. i also have a 2700 clone hooked up to the same sat (dual lnb so its not a aiming problem. seems it just started when i did the b75 upgrade and witht he newer bins. any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5260
Menmu/Dish setup.

On right hand side, how many are you seeing in the "Selected satellites" and the names?

Username: Manusharma

Post Number: 10
Hi Nalin
A friend of mine is also having the same problem with his FLU 2500-2700 convert and on the 224 bin.
They get the indian channels but not 119.
Thanks for your help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
im seeing 2 selected says 119 and 110. not sure whats going on. everything worked until the upgrade and newer bins. like i said my 2700 is working perfectly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
anyone??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5272
Jeff: You said you have a dual LNB.
A dual LNB scans only one satellite for two receivers.
How was the original switch connected (when it was working) physically and in software? What are the markings on the LNBs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i have 2 cables coming out of the sat dish. both of the 110 sat to disec switch 1 on the 2 different switches, 119 sat set to disec switch 2 on both switched and then the 2 cables in to the different recievers.like i had said earlier nothing had physically changed just the softwear change and i lost the other sat on my converted 2700 but it is a flu not a clone like i said earlier.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5298
I am truing to understand your statements.
Physical setup:
1. There are two cables coming out of sat - from two lnbs or one lnb???????
2. One cable - cable A is going to input port 1 of switch A
3. One cable - cable B is going to input port 1 of switch B.
4. There are two cables coming out from the switches - Cable A-out and Cable B-out.
5. Cable A-out goes to receiver Pansat 2700 -Receiver A.
6. Cable B-out goes to receiver converted Flu. -Receiver B

Software:
1. Receiver A is working well.
2. Antenna settings in Receiver A ??????
3. Receiver B is showing one sat only - Which sat?
4. Antenna settings in Receiver B ??????

You should copy the antenna settings in Receiver A to antenna settings in receiver B.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
1- 2 cables out of 1 lnb on 2 seperate dishes. one pointing at 110 and the other at 119. 2 disec 1 for each reciever. with 1 cable from each sat entering into the switch to the reciever. yes reciever A is working well and reciever b only has sat 119. have the settings set to 110 disec-1 and 119 to disec 2 on the menu. when i scan either 110 or 119 both scan 119.

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 142
jeff..try scaning one at a time with all the stuff turned off for the other lnbs

Gold Member

Post Number: 5299
2 cables out of 1 lnb on 2 seperate dishes.
does not make sense.
"2 cables each out of each lnb of 2 seperate dishes." makes sense.

From what you are telling me, you have two dishes each with a Dual LNB. One dish is set for 110W and the other Dish is pointing to 119W.
The output of each dish is channeled through two separate switches. Each swich input is presumably
input 1 for 110W and input 2 for 119w.
This is reverse of waht is normally the ocnvention - the convention is 119 for input 1 and 110 for input 2.
Anyway you have set them in software as switch port 1 for 110W and Switch port 2 for 119W. One receiver A is working fine (the real or clone 2700)
The other (converted receiver B) is showing 119W on both port 1 and port 2 although the settings are identical to the working receiver.
You should switch the two receivers around, and see if the position of the defective receiver B, when taken up by receiver A shows the same problem and the "defective" receiver B works well in position A. That would indicate a defective switch.
Most switches when burnt out show only port 1. In your case, if the switch is burnt out, it is showing port 2 only.
Anyway, you should be able to confirm the theory of defective switch by testing the receivers in the switched locations., and then replace the defective switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
makes sense but i already put in 2 new switches. and from what you said is right for the set up

Gold Member

Post Number: 5323
What happens when you switch the receiver postions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us