Samsung HLN467WX Issue: screen freezes in Black and White

Username: Gmfadel

Post Number: 1
This 4 year old DLP had its wheel replaced within 1 year of purchase. In the last 2 months, the picture would freeze and the screen go black. I would have to power off or unplug the system to reset. The last 3 days, it started to freeze in black and white within 5 minutes. I Read quite a bit on this message board, but did not see a resolution on this specific issue (Lisa had almost same problem. Did not post a resolution). User FYI and Ovadoggvo had some great inputs. Is it my lamp of the DMD board? Any other suggestion?

Username: Gsulak

Post Number: 1
I'm having the same issue with my HLN507WX. Reading the archives, it seems to be a problem with the digital board. See FYI responses in this thread where he is suggesting problems with "N" models.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/309020.html

In my case, if the set is cool, it seems to go for about an hour before the failure. Thereafter, 20 minutes or less until I let it completely cool down.

Right now, I'm trying to clean as suggested and am replacing bulb with spare. Will report back with results.

FYI or others, could you please clarify the statement in the thread above regarding samsung replacements and forgive me if this is a dumb question? Is this in warranty replacement. We had the light engine replaced two years ago under extended warranty but I'm thinking its now expired.

Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
GSulak, thanks for the message.
I am on hold with Samsung as I type this message and trying toget them to pay for the parts if I can cover service.

I also cleaned up the unit, and noticed that the lamp is not the issue even though I have 6001 hours on it. The lamp stays on after the screen freezes. The issue also occurs within 5 minutes of being powered.

The digital board is about $1000. I can get an LCD for this price! let's see what Samsung says..

GF

Post Number: 2
no luck with the cleaning an alternate bulb. same behavior but getting about 15 minutes before failure.

Post Number: 3
I will need to contact Samsung's executive departement tomorrow to discuss options. Standard customer service would not offer to cover parts. A service person will be contacting me to come over to check the set and recommend solution. Will keep you posted.
GF

Post Number: 4
GSUlak,

THought I'd update you on my issue: Finally got Samsung to agree to extend my warranty. They serviced my Samsung this morning and replaced the whole inside! FREE of CHARGE! According to the technician, this would have cost me about $1K to fix on my own. So push Samsung and get them to replace the guts of the TV. Let me know how you fare up.
Gabriel

Post Number: 3
Wow, that is great news. My TV decided to cut me a break through most of the bowl season but apparently doesn't feel the OSU/LSU game is worth holding out for... I guess I'll be calling tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for the info and congratulations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us