4 birds (82,91,110,119)

Bronze Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 13
I need some expert advise. I am trying to install 4 birds on a single antenna (Superdish 33X24)I already have the bracket and LNBs setup. I need to know which bird I should aim for (119 or 87)that will get me started. Any other changes that I need to make (skew, clockwise,anti-clockwise) Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1797
As far as I can tell yo
No way yo can get all 4 with one dish

2 dishes required
1 for 82/91 and another for 110/119

The only dish that can all 4 must have a double reflector like the Wave Frontier Toroidal T55 or T90
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=998503#POST998503

2 dishes much easier

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1335
Check this out it might help....

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/402318.html

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 884
how about this for a idea.....one dish and one LNB......its all I have and I get, 61, 81, 91, 110, 119, 121, 148, and will be getting a few more with the new LNB I am getting that can get the "true" FTA birds...as well as DN and BEV.....how do I get all those with one dish and ONE lnb you ask? I spent 40 bucks and got a motor....very easy to set up and you can get so much more.....so I say stop fighting your dish, get a motor, spend 1 hour installing it and watch tv LOTS of TV not just 3 birds thats not even 1/2 of what you can see........

Upload

Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 6
say Jay long time no see.
Do you still live in Oklahoma?
What ever happen to you?
You have always tried very hard to help.
This forum is running out of good helpers
stick around.

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 141
I also have a rotor... It's is good until you start switch satellites fast... Moteck DisEqc H-H Satellite Rotor... I ended using 3 dishes... More faster than waiting for stupid rotor, but still good investment... I get up to 13 satellites... Had to do modifications...
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Will this motor work for a regular dish receivers301,510? I am not using any FTA. BTW what size of dish antenna is ideal for motor to work. Thanks for all you inputs. A lot of information in those links (still catching up)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
This is what I am talking about. A lot of vendors are selling this antenna for ($109 with 4 and $150 for 5 lnbs) They all seems to be legit dish LNB's than FTA. I know they can be used for FTA.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 886
VITTU
That pic you put their is showing a antenna with 4 LNB's made to get 1 bev sat and 3 DN sat's. That would be ok but, please understand you would be missing 148, 121, 61.5 on dish and 81 for bev. Also all the "true" FTA sat's that means 97 and others that require a differant LNB than the one you showed their. Like The Invacom QDH-031

Upload

and yes I will agree sometimes you have to wait a few seconds for the motor to move no big deal I feel its worth it to get all those birds and NOT HAVE TO FIGHT ALL THE SWITCHES!!

Nice to see you as well Yukon I have been busy with working the reg job and computer work, 4 kids, Ham Radio, wife, should I go on LoL.....

Hope that helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 887
Vittu

I just saw <sorry> that you want to use DN receivers.......thats cool but,

You will not receive BEV, or FTA programing and no a motor will not work with those receivers they dont have the ditec control for it.. I would strangly recommend a vewsat platinum LIGHT now going for 130 shipped all over the nett....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks for your valuable inputs and suggestions TFT. 1 more question before I jump on FTA wagon, what size of Antenna is required to use with Motor and that will get me all 87,91,97,110,118.7,119. Sorry I cannot get 61.5 since there a lot of obstacles. (a huge building especially)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
and how about VS Pro since that will give me external recording capablities?

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Thanks and no problem

A 31" is great almost never any rainfade with that size......and yes the VS pro is a great choice I just always suggest the VS plat light for cheapest reliable receiver.

I would say def stay with a VS or a Pan Sat for the support

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4947
There are a lot of self styled experts who dispute the existence of one dish getting 82W, 91w, 110w and 119w. Some of them have earned their status by showering a lot of abuse and profanity and not because of their knowledge.

I could not go last week to confirm my statement that I have seen these Dishes. I have just been and seen this item at a flae Market. It is a Digiwave 18 x 24 dish to be mounted with the 24" horizontally placed and it will hold 4 LNBs with a proper bracket. The whole Item with bracket and 4 LNBs is priced at $110 Canadian.

In my next post I am going to post similar information I found elsewhere. I have since also read a bit more about it and there are other writers who have acknowledged this Dish made by Digiwave but do not accept that it can take 4 LNBs as stated.

I also wish to state quite clearly and firmly that I have seen this type of Dish in three different stores in Toronto. There is therefore no need for the crowd of goons to come to this thread with their profanity, ridicule and skeptisism. The Dishes and LNBs exist and they are sold for the purpose as stated in the heading of this thread.

Finally, the dealer was very emphatic in stating that he did not recommend replacing the 119w LNB with the combination 119/118.7 LNB on this setup.

Silver Member
Username: Simikang

Post Number: 139
vittu it is possible i have the same dish but mine had 5 lnb's the middle was dtv 101 but i didnt have that so i didnt use it but i found all for signals very high signals on the same type of dish it is possible

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
this is the bracket i had came with the wide dish and 4 lnb's all for 149.99 CADUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4948
The skeptics please note the date this product was available - October 2006 as advertised.
It would be appropriate for anybody to bring evidence that he tried this and it did not work. It is absolutely wrong to come to this thread just to laugh without trying. It only exposes the ignorance of the person who laughs and ridicules.

http://www.worldwidesatellites.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_67&products _id=159

Eliptical Ultra Dish gets 5 satellites!!!!
This 18x24 mini-dish can now get 119, 110, 101 , 91 and 82. Replaces the need for the T-55 - smaller and cheaper. Price includes 4 Dual LNBs

FEATURES

Multi-satellite dish antenna with 4 LNBs included
Galvanized Steel construction
Eliptical 18 x 24 size can receive multiple sats
Boxed and easy to install
LNB holders are pre-spaced apart for Dishnet 119 and 110, Directv 101, Bell Express Vu 91 and 82
Weight 10.00 This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 28 October, 2006.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
if you cant read it sais going from left to right

sat 5 sat 4 sat 3 sat 2 sat 1
119 110 101 91 82

Gold Member

Post Number: 4949
And finally this Ebay item with the description.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-LNB-BRACKET-HOLDER-SATELLITE-18-x-24-DISH-FTA_W0QQitemZ1101 86176749QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11726QQcmdZViewItem

"Up for grabs is a BRAND NEW 5 LNB metal Bracket (LNB's & Dish not included).
This is made for the 18" x 24" dishes. With this bracket you can get up to 5 satellites (82/91/101/110/119) with just 1 dish. This LNB holds the "L" type LNB's
(available in my eBay store)."

Silver Member

Post Number: 893
Ok I see your point Nalin as I read it for the same price roughly as a motor and the The Invacom QDH-031 you can get that bracket, the lnb's, and switches. Big differance would be the bracket only gets 5 birds were with the motor set up and clear view you can receive all the birds FTA and DBS adding over 300 more channels some ALWAYS working even when DN or BEV is down....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4951
THE FTA TESTER :
I see your point too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Sim Kang: I have the same bracket that holds 5 lnb's. I do not care about 101. I am glad it worked for you. I may not be getting a clear view or not setting up skew properly. Which bird should you aim first? 119 or 82? Thanks for your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us