Samsung 42 DLP HLR4266... Won't Start, What does this light mean?

Username: Betoranaldi

Post Number: 5
Alright so in doing research I narrowed it down to either a bad ballast or a bad digital board, since I haven't found anything exactly like it I would like a "prosumers" opinion.

My TV won't start. I hit the power button (when the standby light is on/red) the lamp light starts flashing. I don't get a start up tone, it just flashes, you can see the bulb in the back turn on, you hear the fans and color wheel start up. I get a black picture on the screen (light is making it to the screen just a black screen with a faint pulsating gray/green color.)

After about 30-40 seconds of lamp led flashing the set clicks off and goes back into red standby mode and that's it, nothing else, no flashing lights.

Does anyone know what this means or what the problem is, I got a quote from a local dealer and they want $400 just for labor and the service call. If its the ballast I can replace it myself but I dont want to put a whole bunch of money into this when I can get a brand new tv for a few hundred more.

Thanks
Brian

Username: Ssalina

Post Number: 1
Hi Brian. Have you found out any information about this? My HL-R422 just started doing the same thing, and I can't find any info on what might be wrong. Before I have a repair tech come out to look at it, which will prove to be costly, I'm trying to figure out what might be wrong on my own.

Thanks,
Steve

Post Number: 6
Like I said, with all of my research it is either the ballast or digital board.

I was hoping for some confirmation but it appears that it is not a very common problem, which leads me to believe it is the digital board.

Post Number: 2
Did you get yours fixed? I see it was last week when you first wrote. I can imagine a digital board is going to prove to be costly.

Post Number: 7
nope didn't get it fixed.

I bought the tv 2 years ago for $1600

I didn't feel like putting $900 in a 2 year hold tv. (I talked to samsung over and over and every time they basically tell me that I am sol)

I called a samsung certified tech and they want $100 for the house call, $300 for the labor of any parts they replace. So that is $400 right off the bat, with anywhere from $100 to $800 in parts. Just wasn't worth it in my opinion.

So I just bought a pioneer plasma for a little more then half of what i paid for the dlp projection. (it was a consumer reports best pick) So we will see how this set handles. I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth from Samsung

Post Number: 3
That's awesome news! (insert sarcasm here) Mine's only 2 years old as well. Glad to see what $1600 gets you these days. I still have my 27" Panasonic tv that this DLP "replaced", and it's still going strong after 10 years, no problems. I guess these tv's are considered disposable products nowadays. I'll give Samsung a call just to give them a piece of my mind, but I'm sure it will do no good.

Post Number: 8
Good luck, hopefully they will do something for you.

Let me know how you make out.

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 177
I think they do it on purpose... It's is a shame...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us