Samsung DLP Problems (HLR4266WX/XAA) any guidance greatly apreaciated.

Username: Betoranaldi

Post Number: 2
Hello all, I was hoping you can point me in the right direction.

HLR4266WX/XAA (21 months old)

What started out as a sporadic problem has now become an issue. When I would try to turn on my TV lamp and timer light would blink. The bulb would go on, visible from the back but the screen remained dark. I did not get the startup chime and then after about 1-2 minutes the TV would just turn off.

If I unplug the TV from the wall and let it sit. plug it back in and then try to turn it on again, it would work fine for another week or so.

Now, today, it did the same thing, I unplugged the TV, let it sit and plug it in. This time when I turn on the TV I do not get the start up chime but get TV audio. When i change the channel via my cable box I can her the different channels just don't get any video.

I was planning on getting a new bulb but after reading other posts on this forum I am afraid it might be something much bigger.

I guess I am asking if I should try the bulb or can someone tell me by my description that it's not the bulb and something larger. If it is going to cost me >$600 or $700 I think i would just buy a new TV.

Thanks
Brian

Username: Tanked

Post Number: 8
Brian,

are you getting the "3 lights of death" blinking on the front of the TV?

Post Number: 3
nope... the standby light never comes on.

the timer and lamp light blink and then when the unit won't start everything shuts off.

Post Number: 4
Just talked to a Samsung recommended repair company. They said the lamp, ballast and thermostat is it blame (over the phone diagnosis)

For some reason this doesn't make sense to me since the lamp turns on every single time.

Does this sound right? Other things I read on the Internet lead me to believe the digital board is starting to go bad.

Username: Patts03

Post Number: 2
i have gone through three bulbs the last one i put in wont even attempt to come on it sounds like its the ballast from reading other post any info on this would be great

Username: Tanked

Post Number: 9
That's way over my level of expertise. I've replaced my blub about 2 years ago. no issues. I
m in the process of replacing my color wheel because this model doesn't have the air bearing version. other than that, no problems.

hate to say it, but you may need a service professional come out and take a look.

when my lamp when, it still lit up, but I got the "3 lights of death" on the front of the TV. changing out the lamp sovled everything. until the color wheel squealing started. the bearings were shot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us