Purple spots on sony projection tv

Username: Manyakiexpi

Post Number: 1
hey guys i have a KL-W7000 rear projection tv and its a few years old and it has a bunch of puprple spots all over the screen. Obviously its not in the screen itself but what else could it be and how can i get rid of them? my friend and i cleaned out the tv and still hasnt gotten rid of the spots. it made the picture alot better (brighter than before). the only place we have no cleaned is the area where the bulb shoots the light in. so if anyone has had this problem or if anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be great thanks!!

Username: Seabreezer

Post Number: 1
Kevin,
I own a Sony KF-60WE610 built in 03/2004, purchased 04/2004. I stumbled across this site when I had to replace the "Power Source" two months ago. I read all about problems people were having with "road mapping, blue blogs, etc. with their Sony rear projectors. Well, now I have several "blue spots" and other discoloration on the screen. I contacted Sony, and after a determined persistence they agreed that if there was a blue blog problem with the set as diagnosed by a factory authorized tech they would replace the optical block. The tech examined the set 10/24/07 agreed the OB needed to be replaced, but when he called Sony for authorization they said NO!, the problem he discribed did not match up with their extended warranty covering "scribbling, or road mapping.
I will continue to pursue a remedy paid for by Sony, even if I must take the case to small claims court.
Good luck in dealing with these unethical Sony people.
Joe Parnell}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us