RCA DLP Projection Tv...bulb or ballast?

Username: Sarawyni

Post Number: 1
Hello guys first starter here so please do help me....

I have RCA DLP Projection Tv. Two days ago the screen gone black. It flidkered causing multiple red , green lights and then gone black. Couldn't understand what actually had happened??

From net got to know whether it is bulb or ballast problem. Not much sure but confused what to do?

Would you please help me what is the actual problem and how much cost did it take for service?

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 138
May I suggest you post this under the continuing thread on RCA's. Starting a new post for one question may not get you all the answers you are looking for.

Having said that...if you are lucky it is the lamp. Cheapest fix considering all the other things that could be wrong.

I would try that. If that doesnt work you will need to make a decision as to whether or not to invest large bucks in your current tv or get a new one. You did not mention how long you have had your tv, but in my opinion if it is around five years or so I would go with a new set.

Repair bills for diagnosing, parts hit and miss fixes can really add up, not to mention all the dead time waiting for parts etc.

Username: Sarawyni

Post Number: 2
well Its been only 2 years gone to have this set. Called the RCA service but couldn't get the solution or any clue?

Help please!

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 57
Sarawyni,

RCA is CLUELESS and USELESS. You'll spend more time arguing with them than anything else. The ballasts are pretty rock solid in the RCAs, first try changing out the lamp (use a PHILIPS LAMP!!). If that does not solve your problem, then order the ballast.

The only time I recommend replacing the ballast first is if you DO NOT HEAR the normal surging noise that the ballast makes when if first tries to fire up your TV Set. Do you know which noise im talking about? If you've got a friend with a DLP, go over and listen to the TV as it turns on. IF you set does not make that noise, then most likely it is the BALLAST.

Then again, if it does make this noise, and the surge starts and stops a few times, then the ballast is trying to STRIKE the lamp, but it is failing. That a lamp issue!

Cheers!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us