Where are my PPV's?

Bronze Member
Username: Hope284

Post Number: 22
I know my ppv's are on 8.10 I get every other channel but PPV's. Where did they go? and how do I get them back?

I have a fortec lifetime ultra... i've check all my setting to someone elses reciever and they seem correct, gone back to reset to factor settings, redid scan, tried blind scan and nothing.

Someone please help!

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 640
nothing in the 500's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
nope nothing... is it something i have to add manually?

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
what sats are you getting? 110 and 119? should be able to scan each sat. Make sure your antenna settings didnt change after you installed the new bin file

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i have 2 dished on at 110 (which I scan 8.10) and the other on 110 (which i scan 7). I haven't changed my bin file since April ... still the 293. What should my antenna settings be? Maybe they changed with the bin file then.
I moved and didn't hook up right away plus I've been living without PPV's for 2 months and have been looking for answers and trying different things. Today I gave up and posted.

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
Well the bins expired July 31st. There is a new bin out. Dont know why u havent had ppv's for so long though. anyway, u need to get the new bin file first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I'm not sure how to do the bins.... last time I did it I ended up having to get someone to jtag my reciever cuz I screwed it so badly. I'm not all that savy with this stuff.... haha! No other way to get them back without redoing the bin?

Silver Member

Post Number: 647
well, u can enter the keys manualy. U can find the keys everywhere. Although they are changing about 3-5 times a day. I suspect it will slow down. look under new keys thread.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I always enter keys manually.... I've done it 3 times today atleast. Can I enter the bin manually? And aren't the bin and keys two different things?

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
Yeah, the bin is like firmware... no u cant load it without a pc. when u enter your keys, u should get everything. if not, u may need to factory reset it and rescan all sats.

Username: Leegila

Concord, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I was not aware that there were new bins out other than the April 07's 293_api. If you know of these bins please tell us.

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
oh, sry. I forgot it is a clone. Sry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
okay so tell me how to rescan satelites, maybe i'm doing that wrong.... do i have to scan one at a time? or is there a way i can do all at once?

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Most will say only do a blind scan, but I do one at a time. go to installation, antenna set up, scan satalite i guess. Im not sure of the menu structure on those. I kept thinking this was a pancrap. still should be similar

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I deleted all channels, did factory reset, and am now trying to scan them all back in.... lets see if it works.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1057

Hey, hope
Give it a shot,all the PPV Channels are here.
Just try a TP scan only.
(tp6) Freq.12297 (Pol.H) SR 20,000.
(tp8) Freq. 12326 (Pol.H) " "
(tp14) Freq.12414 (Pol.H) " "
(tp16) Freq.12443 (Pol.H) " "

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Kavin... i kinda thought it had something to do with the Freq. as it is running thru the scan here none of those frequences came up. I'm gonna try and manually add them. If this works I'll kiss you!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
No dice Kavin.... :-(

anyone got any other suggestions? i mean a girl can only watch TV land reruns so long....

Bronze Member

Manitoba

Post Number: 33
Okay so I have found the problem but i have no clue how to fix. If i go into an advanced scan on any of those PPV freq. above they have no quality and pick up nothing on those frequences. So how do I fix this. I have 3 things i can change in the advanced scan, video PID, audio PID and PCR PID all three are set to auto now, should i screw with those?

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1059

Hey,hope
Let me ask you this,on the TPs I have gave you above do you pickup any other Channels on these TPs?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 587
maybe you have the wrong lnb type selected in the antenna setup.

select echo8.10 , select one of the no quality tp's and then change the lnb type (dish pro or standard)-see if any quality appears

Bronze Member

St. andrews, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 34
nope no other channels....Kavin.

LNB type is standard... i get a lower quality if i select dish pro.

Bronze Member

St. andrews, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 35
I give up..... i know what is wrong but can't fix.... back to TV land for me. :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 657
has to be a set up issue hope. Have you tried eliminating a dish? Changing disecq? What type of lnb do you have? Disecq settings?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us