Satellite Problem

Username: Bghs

Post Number: 1
I have a Sonicview SV-4000 and I am having problems. I am receiving no channels at all. Basically it says "No TV channels" I tried entering keys like this site suggests but that doesn't seem to work either. I tried scanning for channels, but they all fail and theres no signal, etc. Should I do a factory reset??

Any help is much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 585
did you ever receive channels with the sv-4000?

Post Number: 2
Yes I've receive channels before. It was working last Tuesday morning and by afternoon, it went down. Ever since then, its been down.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10698
Simply upload the latest 1 Aug bin...and turn ON autoroll..the AR is working well today

Post Number: 3
Where can I find this bin file?

thank you

Post Number: 4
nevermind. I think I may have found it. http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=6086

Is that correct?

Oh and one thing LK, are you positive this will fix the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10700
that is the correct file 155...

Post Number: 5
When I go into Menu-Installation-version info, this is what I have.

Model:SV-4000
Boot Loader: 01.03
Main Software: 01.55-P

So currently I have 01.55-P but I have to update to the latest 1.55?

Note: I haven't uploaded the new bin files yet. Will get to that soon and post back here for the outcome.

Post Number: 7
bump

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10728
It appears U have already updated to the 155....now just turn ON the autoroll and wait for the latest keys...

Post Number: 8
Okay, I manually entered the latest key, and nothing is showing up, no signal. Is it possible that the Satellite dish is misaligned? Or maybe the cable going to the dish is loose?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10733
yes its possible..why don't U check those things before U post..and read the manuals at www.totalfta.com

Post Number: 9
Okay maybe it isnt the dish, because the channels came back. After entering the keys, how long does it usually take for channels to appear? And also, I brought in a friend to take a look at the problem, but i wasn't there to see what he did. So, I'm not sure if the keys fixed it or if it was my friend.

I have another question. When i push the SAT button on the controller, choose All SAT, and check the EPG, the list isnt fully populated with channels. It would have "No Information"

I read this guide which was taken from a SV-4000 master guide from another site(f2atv i believe):

"why does Dish 119 info fill up, but Dish 110 doesn't"?
To get a 7-Day Guide on Dish 110 and 119, press the SAT button on your remote.
Highlight "Dish Package" and press "OK".
If you don't have both 110 and 119, then select the Dish Sat that you do have.
Exit out of the menu and Press the Guide button.
leave it sit on that channel for a few minutes.
The longer it sits, the more EPG will fill up, 7-Days max.
To get a 3-Day Guide on BEV, press the SAT button on your remote.
Highlight "BEV package"
If you don't have both 82 and 91, then select the BEV Sat that you do have.
Exit out of the menu and Press the Guide button.
leave it sit on that channel for a few minutes.
The longer it sits, the more EPG will fill up, 2-3 Days max.
The EPG can NOT fill up if you've selected "All SAT" from the SAT LIST button.
Also, it can not fill the BEV EPG while watching Dish and vice-versa...that is just NOT
possible, because the EPG fills GUIDE data ONLY from the provider you are watching.

I checked to see if I have the "Dish Package" but i dont have it.

Anyway, does the EPG guide populate over time?

Post Number: 10
I guess they do populate over time. Well, I guess its fixed for now. You've been a big help LK. It was a good thing I posted the version info, because if i had not, I wouldve gone and bought myself a USB flash drive and go through the update only to find out i had the latest version already.

thanks again.

Username: Laurad

Post Number: 1
I have a 2500A Pansat, and can not find the bin number can anyone help. been down for a couple of wks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10745
Its still 293 or 293T for pansat 2500 since 11 April...set default key...keycode ON...shut OFF all autorolls...manually input keys..a new release with a working Autoroll is expected in a few more days...it will be posted at all sites (not here-no files here)when its released...links to those sites are already provided in the "Recommended Reputable satellite sites" thread posted here in these forums/message boards

Most all other receivers already have released new working autoroll bins/files since 1 Aug..

Post Number: 2
What is autoroll and where is it found, and how do i turn it off. Very new at this(Smile)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10795
Sonicview How to's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonicview how to get 7 day EPG
Go into Menu>>>System Setting>>>User Option>>>turn Stand-by-mode EPG "ON", then turn off your receiver OFF by using the remote control for 4min and turn it back ON. Now you should have fully 7days EPG, this is one time thing only until you switch the receiver OFF completely by using the rear power switch

Cloning Sonicview
Box-to-Box transfer:
Have the Master box power "ON", and slave box power "OFF" completely
Connect Master and Slave box with Null cable
User remote control unit pointing at the Master and press YELLOW button and #4 (#1=Main software, #2=Channel list, #3 Bootloader, #4= ALL)
Now power up the Slave box by using the rear power switch and you should see it start transferring

Wait until it finishes and reboots

How to program SV1000 from scratch to get it up and going.
1. Ensure your using a null modem cable and it is hooked up at both ends and your serial port is open in your computer Bios
2. Your unit is plugged into an outlet and turned off at the rear of the unit

Part B:

1. Download fresh copy of loader, factory bin and current running bin.
2. Place all files in the same folder as loader is located.

Part C:

1. With SV1000 turned off at the back, start loader program
2. Click STB -> Connect Config for Com 1
3. Click STB -> Download file (PC->STB) directing the downloader to the file you are wanting to load.
4. Window appears entitled Data Transfer -> Turn VS1000 on from the rear power button and do not touch it until transfer is complete and SV1000 reboots.
5. Turn off SV1000 at rear, disconnect null modem cable
6. Setup on TV and turn on -> configure, scan satellites and watch TV once autoroll kicks in
7. Autoroll can take up to ten minutes the first time. Until the keys roll you will have a black screen and red message No Service or Scrambled appearing. Do not panic, have faith. if after ten minutes no video, hard boot from rear once and video should come in. other option is manual loading keys

When loading load the factory bin, current bin, satinfo, channel lists in that order when required.

SONICVIEW 4000 ONLY

using usb flash drive:

1. download file and extract or unzipp file
2. load extracted file onto usb thumb drive
3. insert drive into unit drive slot
Menu, Installation USB Mass Storage and click OK on the remote.
should now see USB Mass Storage folder
4.select the file press the RED button on the remote to Update Software.
5.screenwill now display"Software Downloading"
"DO NOT POWER OFF!!"
"Flash Updating"
"Reboot"
"Save".."Good"..----.."Save".."Boot".."Save".."Boot" and then the on the display is "0000".

6. Download is complete

how to change keys

1. menu>entertainment >code 7890
you will not see code until those numbers are pressed
2.press ok
3. scroll to nagravision then down one then <> to provider of choice
4. scroll down to numbers 10/11 first set 20/21 second set
5. enter keys save and exit

How to Program the Sonicview Remote

Manually Enter the Code:

Press the button of the device you are trying to use (TV, DVD, etc..)
Hold the button of the selected device while also holding OK until it stays lit.
Enter the Universal code (found in the back of the user manual) and press the OK button. That will be followed by (3 blinks) to confirm that you did it correctly. That's It.

Auto Code Detection:

Press the button of the device you are trying to use (TV, DVD, etc..)
Hold the button of the selected device while also holding OK until it stays lit.
Turn ON the selected device, and press the CH-UP or CH-DOWN button till the selected device turns OFF. As soon as the device turns OFF, press the OK button to lock the code in and you will see (3 blinks) to confirm the device is programed

Post Number: 3
Still unable to get 2500A up, I have tried putting in 293 bin number , I have good levels for sat, still keep getting EPG with percents going as high as 310% but no picture. Any suggestions?
Thanks LauraD

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2617
You need to turn autoroll and auto tp off ,and add keys manually till the new bin file is released.http://www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=56946

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the Info, however I just learned how to put in a bin number. I do not no what autoroll is or where I turn it off. also auto tp. Sorry to be so uninformed only had 2500a for a few months and the company and book are no help. Thanks Laura D

Post Number: 5
I received message from future-fta with new bins for every system except 2500A. Any one heard
new info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us